You Could Be Mine - Appetite era version

It was definitely around in the Appetite days. The quote "with your bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done" was in the Appetite liner notes.

Several Use Your Illusion tracks were written around the same time as Appetite or pre Appetite. Steven drummed on some demos of Illusion songs before he was replaced by Matt.

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

It was definitely around in the Appetite days. The quote "with your bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done" was in the Appetite liner notes.

Several Use Your Illusion tracks were written around the same time as Appetite or pre Appetite. Steven drummed on some demos of Illusion songs before he was replaced by Matt.

Which is why I love when all of the GnR haters talk about how they only had one good album and that the Illusions sucks and so forth ... Mostly all of the Illusions were old songs they wanted to get out ... So praising Appetite while shitting on Illusions shows these people are nothing but DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVES 

• Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 11:54 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

Yep. It's stupid when people talk about cutting the two Illusion's down to one album worth of songs for two reasons. Firstly everyone's got different favourite songs so doing such a thing would always leave someone disappointed. And secondly there's been such long gaps between some albums why would you wish for less material?

Anyway for those that want to it's easy enough to make your own Illusion, Best Of or Live playlist. I'm sure everyone's lists would be a little different and that's great we have different tastes. But I'd never wish we had less music.

Exactly, the whole notion that "the albums would have been better shorter" is a relic of the past where you were stuck with the tracks and tracklisting from CDs, at this age of playlists where you can freely move around songs and add/remove it's a blessing they released more rather than less.

I have an entire whole playlist where I put all GNR songs I listen less to + B sides/outtakes and I put that on when I get bored of listening to Nightrain for the millionth time, you'd be surprised how refreshing that is and how you appreciate some songs more suddenly because you're not bored of them like the others.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

Which is why I love when all of the GnR haters talk about how they only had one good album and that the Illusions sucks and so forth ... Mostly all of the Illusions were old songs they wanted to get out ... So praising Appetite while shitting on Illusions shows these people are nothing but DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVES 

Yeah and the well has been dry for 30 years. They probably haven’t written a full song since 1990