2023 WORLD TOUR

17 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Glastonbury is the biggest festival ever. Even bigger than Woodstock was back then. Bands even pay money to play there it's so huge.  It will be the downfall of gnr because every person in the world will see it and tear them apart after their horrible performance

That more like it?

Haha! 

That genuinely made me chuckle! 

• Like 2

I do understand why people might not be aware of Glastonbury or realise its scope and scale - there's plenty of good reason.

The festival actively avoided heavy rock / metal which was seen as the preserve of Donnigton / Monsters of Rock / Download.

That approach has certainly softened since the late nineties where you began to start to seeing the likes of the Deftones and Foo Fighters slipping onto the bill. Things really started changing with Metallica headlining in 2014.

It just wasn't seen as a rockers festival up until recently and wouldn't be on your average metal head's radar.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha! 

That genuinely made me chuckle! 

And, despite the snark, I'd say every word of that statement is accurate!

Edited by SilverMachine
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think whatever way we're cutting this Glastonbury thing it's 'one to watch' as if they're ever going to have to pull out something special, this will be it. They'll be fully aware of that too. 

Locomotive, Coma, Bad Obsession, Bad Apples, Human Being will be played and they will remove all CD songs and covers(even KOHD).

5 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Locomotive, Coma, Bad Obsession, Bad Apples, Human Being will be played and they will remove all CD songs and covers(even KOHD).

It's going to be a mainstream crowd so its Greatest Hits all the way I'd say, with the strong likelihood of special guests (we should have a sweepstake on here as to who will turn up - my money's on Ron Wood and Dave Grohl with an outside bet on Brian May. Wouldn't be surprised if Axl does a guest spot with Elton the following day as well).

Here's a thought, I actually think them playing Glastonbury increases the chances of a new album appearing this year.

15 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

It's going to be a mainstream crowd so its Greatest Hits all the way I'd say, with the strong likelihood of special guests (we should have a sweepstake on here as to who will turn up - my money's on Ron Wood and Dave Grohl with an outside bet on Brian May. Wouldn't be surprised if Axl does a guest spot with Elton the following day as well).

Here's a thought, I actually think them playing Glastonbury increases the chances of a new album appearing this year.

Is Pink in the country at that point? I could see that happening again. 

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is Pink in the country at that point? I could see that happening again. 

Pink is playing BST Hyde Park on the 24th and 25th of June, so that could possibly happen.

Just checked GNR tickets for BST, and there are still tickets available on all tiers. It makes sense that they would do other gigs in the UK around that time. From what I've understood from this thread it's a bit unusual that no other gigs in Europe has been announced yet, surely they wouldn't come to Europe for just one gig (+ possibly Glastonbury)? Or could this just be a summer of festivals, and no arena tour? Want to see them but don't know if I should wait for dates in other European countries that'll be more convenient for me to travel to (and with cheaper accommodation than London) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

Pink is playing BST Hyde Park on the 24th and 25th of June, so that could possibly happen.

Just checked GNR tickets for BST, and there are still tickets available on all tiers. It makes sense that they would do other gigs in the UK around that time. From what I've understood from this thread it's a bit unusual that no other gigs in Europe has been announced yet, surely they wouldn't come to Europe for just one gig (+ possibly Glastonbury)? Or could this just be a summer of festivals, and no arena tour? Want to see them but don't know if I should wait for dates in other European countries that'll be more convenient for me to travel to (and with cheaper accommodation than London) 

Probably best to wait and see if they come to your country? 

I really can't see them just doing BST and Glastonbury and not rescheduling Glasgow at the very least. It is very strange more dates haven't been announced yet, but I'm sure they will come soon. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Probably best to wait and see if they come to your country? 

I really can't see them just doing BST and Glastonbury and not rescheduling Glasgow at the very least. It is very strange more dates haven't been announced yet, but I'm sure they will come soon. 

They headlined Sweden Rock Festival last year - started late, pissed off the audience and were slaughtered by the media. Same thing happened in 2010, but they were even later then, haha. Doubt this festival wants to book them again 😄

So let's hope for an arena gig here or in Denmark, there's also a hard rock/metal festival in Copenhagen (don't know if they've ever played there)

11 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That's happening with every huge festival though.

Interesting. I don’t realise every huge festival had this amount of stages and acts.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/

Anyway, that page should also serve as an indicator that the GNR slot will be 9:30-11:45pm, which will make it and Hyde Park very different experiences. I’m assuming Hyde Park will be the more normal 7:30-10:30. Glastonbury would be my preference. You’ve really got to go with the pyro at Glastonbury too. Hopefully Team Brazil will have watched Paul McCartney doing Live and Let Die last year and know what is expected of a headliner.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:39 AM, PatrickS77 said:

Though the band did not sound unrehearsed, as they actually do rehearse. It was Axl that may have had some problems due to not rehearsing. Though I'm not sure what that would have to do with a potential Glastonbury show (which seems ridiculous to even think about, considering they play Hyde Park the week after Glastonbury), also who's to say that would be a first show?!

Big deal?? Outside the UK no one really gives a shit about Glastonbury. Some crappy hippster festival, which is sold out before acts are even announced. It's just another festival.

How many other festivals show full sets on the biggest TV channel in a country with full coverage going out to millions? Rock in Rio maybe, but this is in a league of its own in an English speaking country.

If it's a 'hipster' festival then that's even worse - because that'll be people with every social media account happy to criticise the show.

You're delusional if you don't think it has the potential to be a PR disaster on a scale we've not seen since the reunion. You can say you don't care what the public think or what good PR is, but many fans do and if you care for the band then you should too. Nobody wants to see them getting ripped apart. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

How many other festivals show full sets on the biggest TV channel in a country with full coverage going out to millions? Rock in Rio maybe, but this is in a league of its own in an English speaking country.

If it's a 'hipster' festival then that's even worse - because that'll be people with every social media account happy to criticise the show.

You're delusional if you don't think it has the potential to be a PR disaster on a scale we've not seen since the reunion. You can say you don't care what the public think or what good PR is, but many fans do and if you care for the band then you should too. Nobody wants to see them getting ripped apart. 

The Rock in Rio performance from last year was not great, that performance can still be seen by anyone on YouTube and nothing happened, no one even paid attention.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:30 AM, allwaystired said:

Yeah, don't take it too seriously as ultimately it's a band playing a festival and doesn't really matter......but in a discussion about said band playing said festival I think it's understandable that people are pointing out that the band aren't really going to come across too well when vast amounts of people sitting at home get to see and hear what they sound like now. Glastonbury is a huge deal in the UK- not just as a festival but as a TV show. It gets a huge audience on the biggest TV channel in the country and is a big talking point that has had a really big impact on bands- hence why they agree to play it for a fraction of the amount they get paid at other festivals. 

Denying that people are going to tear it shreds is just wrong, as the standard of headline acts is really judged and acts always do something special new, fresh, unique as they treat it as a big deal. If GNR don't, people won't be kind. I assure you of that! But ultimately, yeah, who cares. If the band turn up sloppy, unrehearsed and sounding like they have been doing, then it's on them. 

You covered all your bases in this post. GNR will be fine. Nobody gives a fuck about Axl’s voice. The concert will come and pass without the media saying anything about Axl’s voice. Most people understand he is 60. 

30 minutes ago, The Black said:

Somebody with supposed insider information stated that Guns will be performing on the 11th of July in Landgraaf in The Netherlands.

This doesn't seem reasonable. Thats a whole month after Pink Pop, which GNR just played 2 years ago and are not on the lineup this year (Pink and Hollywood Vampires are tho) 

I don't know much about the Netherlands as I'm not from there (or even Europe for that matter....), but a quick Google/Setlist.FM search is showing me that there isn't really a dedicated music/sports arena in that area, It would seem that Pinkpop brings in the music/tourists every year, they have a local small club that touring musicians come through (not big enough for GNR, unless this tour is UCAP part 2....) anddddd thats about it??? 

Maybe they meant another part of the Netherlands, or even Dusseldorf (which is close) ??? 

Unless GNR somehow rent out Pinkpop's festival land, I think you have some bad info....