2023 WORLD TOUR

If glastonbury does happen there will 100% be a special guest or two (like you see with coachella).

Outside chance of seeing elton and guns do a version of the mtv performance of November rain. Also have a chance of having some of the other guest performers we've seen during the tour such as Angus, dave grohl or pink for example at some stage

11 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

What makes you think that? 

The few Elton performances I've heard in the last few years have been pretty bad, and the last decent November Rain I heard was 6~ years ago...

I'm looking forward to the memes that will inevitably come from the Glastonbury show, but Axl & Elton performing together in 2023 would just be sad.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do people seriously want to see Elton and Axl perform together again? Nostalgia aside, it would be awful. :crazy:

Yes... Just imagine Elton...

"You know am steel standing
Better than effer dit
Lookin like a dru survliver
Feelin like a little can

Am still standin after all das time
Back on up the piss end of my life
A Dacia on my mind
Am till dandin

Yeah Yeah Yeah"

...with Axls high micky mouse voice.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The few Elton performances I've heard in the last few years have been pretty bad, and the last decent November Rain I heard was 6~ years ago...

I'm looking forward to the memes that will inevitably come from the Glastonbury show, but Axl & Elton performing together in 2023 would just be sad.

Fair point.. I would imagine if it did happen *more than likely won’t” Elton would just play piano again so I don’t think he could fail in the potential performance, it would be down to Axl to deliver the vocals we want to hear… he’s surprised us and surpassed our expectations before, he could do it again. Can never tell with this guy 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Fair point.. I would imagine if it did happen *more than likely won’t” Elton would just play piano again so I don’t think he could fail in the potential performance, it would be down to Axl to deliver the vocals we want to hear… he’s surprised us and surpassed our expectations before, he could do it again. Can never tell with this guy 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

It is only a fair point if your enjoyment and appreciation is contingent upon what other people think and "memes". I think it would be great to see these legendary friends on the stage together again, even if they are both behind their prime. It would be another iconic event. 

• Like 1

What are the chances that GN'R won't headline at Glastonbury, but have agreed to sub for Elton John? There are strong rumours that Arctic Monkeys and Red Hot Chili Peppers are also playing/headlining the festival. It's obvious that they don't get payed as much for Glastonbury as for other shows. So maybe a shorter set as the 'legends slot' band wich Glastonbury has every year and be the support act for one of Axl's heroes? With an obvious guest spot with Elton later on?

37 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

What are the chances that GN'R won't headline at Glastonbury, but have agreed to sub for Elton John? There are strong rumours that Arctic Monkeys and Red Hot Chili Peppers are also playing/headlining the festival. It's obvious that they don't get payed as much for Glastonbury as for other shows. So maybe a shorter set as the 'legends slot' band wich Glastonbury has every year and be the support act for one of Axl's heroes? With an obvious guest spot with Elton later on?

Duff literally said it. They are playing.

3 hours ago, Master Of Reality said:

Guns aren't subbing for anyone, especially given they've never performed there.

If they play, they headline. A very economically successful legacy band (which they absolutely will be classed as) that has been filling out stadiums for 6 years and has headlined pretty much every festival out there by this point, isn't going to do the gig for a smaller fee and not be the main act. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koldbeer2 said:

Guns aren't subbing for anyone, especially given they've never performed there.

If they play, they headline. A very economically successful legacy band (which they absolutely will be classed as) that has been filling out stadiums for 6 years and has headlined pretty much every festival out there by this point, isn't going to do the gig for a smaller fee and not be the main act. 

I agree. But if there's ever an opportunity were Axl would agree to do this, it would be at the last UK show ever for Elton.

Has anyone known a (potentially) stadium tour go on sale so late for shows in June? 

Seems totally unprecedented to me. 

Also.....what is going on with Glasgow? Still not formally cancelled or rescheduled. Aren't ticket holders annoyed? 

The more I think about all this, the more I think something is going on, one way or the other. 

• Like 1