2023 WORLD TOUR

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Has anyone known a (potentially) stadium tour go on sale so late for shows in June? 

Seems totally unprecedented to me. 

Also.....what is going on with Glasgow? Still not formally cancelled or rescheduled. Aren't ticket holders annoyed? 

The more I think about all this, the more I think something is going on, one way or the other. 

This delay seems like they're gonna play some festivals and maybe a few single shows, not more. Some festivals still need to announce their headliner (rock am ring, graspop etc). Let's hope that user was right when he said more info on Glasgow later this month. one more week to go

But this shit is annoying. I want to plan the summer already 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

This delay seems like they're gonna play some festivals and maybe a few single shows, not more. Some festivals still need to announce their headliner (rock am ring, graspop etc). Let's hope that user was right when he said more info on Glasgow later this month. one more week to go

But this shit is annoying. I want to plan the summer already 

I'm wondering if this could mean smaller shows (those stadiums are going to be a touch sell, especially with so little notice) or (and I realise this is VERY wishful thinking) some sort of campaign around new music.....

Yeah, yeah I know! But....it COULD mean something! 

It does seem very strange for it to be so quiet if there is a tour. 

However if they are only going to be playing a selection of festival slots the onus for shifting tickets sits more with the festival promoter, and in most cases I'd imagine a large chunk of tickets are already sold. Glasto is done and dusted other than any resales in April. 

Glasgow if it is on I'd guess a large majority have held their tickets in the hope it happens. Shouldn't need too much promotion to get the remaining tickets sold if it ends up being their only stand alone show. 

As always we'll have to sit tight and wait. All too easy to speculate. 

47 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Depends if kings of Leon will be headliner. Would be a pretty bad one. otherwise there's still one spot left

I wouldn't rank Kings of Leon as headliner material, too, but we'll see. I could totally see GNR as headliner happen, but I could totally see it not happen as well.

Still nothing new (not even rumours) regarding GNR in my hometown.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

I wouldn't rank Kings of Leon as headliner material, too, but we'll see. I could totally see GNR as headliner happen, but I could totally see it not happen as well.

Still nothing new (not even rumours) regarding GNR in my hometown.

Kings of Leon are headlining everything they played in the last 10 or so years. Including RaR/RiP in 2011 and 2014

Personally I don't get how but they do headline every major festival

Just now, Nicklord said:

Kings of Leon are headlining everything they played in the last 10 or so years. Including RaR/RiP in 2011 and 2014

Personally I don't get how but they do headline every major festival

That's pretty sad. But at least I won't have to attend RaR this year then. (Although the lineup ain't bad)

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would it be? The Rolling Stones announced their shows about 2 1/2 months in advance.

With the stones they don't tour that often, are evergreen and you never know when they will be stopping.

Guns probably were in the same bracket as Stones back in 16-17 with slash and duff return but I'm not sure they are there atm. Still clearly headliner worthy mind you, bit stones will sell stadiums out with little notice. I'm not 100% sure GnR can do that with that little notice. Arenas though, no problems.

1 hour ago, koldweather said:

With the stones they don't tour that often, are evergreen and you never know when they will be stopping.

Guns probably were in the same bracket as Stones back in 16-17 with slash and duff return but I'm not sure they are there atm. Still clearly headliner worthy mind you, bit stones will sell stadiums out with little notice. I'm not 100% sure GnR can do that with that little notice. Arenas though, no problems.

Does it matter what notice?? It's not like you can pay for tickets in installments. Either you buy them or you don't.

44 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Does it matter what notice?? It's not like you can pay for tickets in installments. Either you buy them or you don't.

For me personally, it's about holiday plans. GNR seem to always tour in the summer months and I would assume most people have planned out their holidays by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

For me personally, it's about holiday plans. GNR seem to always tour in the summer months and I would assume most people have planned out their holidays by now.

Yeah. Of course, knowing early on is better. But I don't think it's essential to anounce a year in advance.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Some live month to Month financially so need time to save. The tickets aren't exact cheap when you factor food/transport/hotels into it. 

Some need to make travel arrangements, others will need hotels which are much harder to come by the closer you get to the Time, etc.

Basically a Combo of money and logistic.

19 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Some live month to Month financially so need time to save. The tickets aren't exact cheap when you factor food/transport/hotels into it. 

Some need to make travel arrangements, others will need hotels which are much harder to come by the closer you get to the Time, etc.

Basically a Combo of money and logistic.

Well, if you can travel to concerts and stay in hotels, you're not exactly hurting for money, no? And when you live month to month and can't buy tix when they go on sale, you usually don't get what you want anyway as the right seats/sections are sold out right away (well, probably not in GNR case anymore). But with the announcement of that one festival it's stands to reason that further shows are pretty much a given, so people still had time since that announcement to save up, regardless of whether those shows have been announced or not.

10 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

Hi!

I've just read that Vigo a City in Spain is in negotiations with GNR right now.

That would make sense with that GNR next year would be doing small venues because Vigo is not a principal city from Spain!

Let's wait for more news!

Where did you read that?

Edit: nevermind. Found it

https://metropolitano.gal/que-hacer/la-mitica-banda-guns-n-roses-el-posible-gran-concierto-de-vigo-este-verano-en-balaidos/amp/

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution