2023 WORLD TOUR

On 1/25/2023 at 4:05 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

There's rumours about a show in Poland

https://www.metalnews.pl/koncerty/guns-n-roses-w-europie-2023/

Nothing we didn't know already. In fact it's some of our posts translated to polish. Even "January is too late for that kind of stuff" part is there. Right now no new info about any polish gnr gig.

Edited by Tomek1985
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You guys seem to keep thinking this is gonna be a huge tour like always. But everything points towards this being just a few summer shows. The tickets will sell out anyway, so why would they rush it. 

Hope not, but it's kinda seems that way, you're right. We'll see.

14 minutes ago, Tomek1985 said:

Hope not, but it's kinda seems that way, you're right. We'll see.

I'm already repeating myself here, but I'd rather this to be just a few shows, because that could theoretically - theoretically - allow or suggest more studio time...
In short: touring = not focusing on new releases. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Could be just waiting on green light from Glastonbury as when they want it announced 

Nah, Glastonbury won't care about that as it's long sold out and they've already announced Hyde Park. 

Also, Glastonbury don't make demands as they don't pay much money- they can't secure exclusives or anything like that. 

31 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Still, even if it's only a few shows, you'd think they'd be further in the process than still being in negotiations. 

Yeah, for sure. No way can they still be negotiating for shows in May/June....surely?! 

On 1/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, Spoon87 said:

Foo Fighters just announced they'll headline Rock am Ring and Rock im Park in Germany. Not sure how many headliner are still missing for both festivals.

Actually, Foo Fighters dropped in as alternates as Pantera was dropped due to Toten Hosen (absolute Gods of rock music in Germany and Kings of Rock am Ring and Rock in Park) got shit from their fans for playing same festival like Pantera.

NOBODY at Ring and Park is bigger than Hosen or in Germany in general. And I am a fan of FF and Hosen.

Hosen are also fans of FF so that adds together.

28 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Actually, Foo Fighters dropped in as alternates as Pantera was dropped due to Toten Hosen (absolute Gods of rock music in Germany and Kings of Rock am Ring and Rock in Park) got shit from their fans for playing same festival like Pantera.

NOBODY at Ring and Park is bigger than Hosen or in Germany in general. And I am a fan of FF and Hosen.

Hosen are also fans of FF so that adds together.

It's true that Pantera got dropped because of Die Toten Hosen but FF wasn't a replacement, Pantera was 6th down on the Kings of Leon day

• Like 1

Just in case nobody has mentioned this the BBC always seem to have pro shot footage of Glasto that they put out. So if they do play there I would expect pro shot stuff and maybe even an interview (probably not with Axl of course). Should either be on Iplayer or Youtube you will probably just need a VPN if you live outside of the UK.

I doubt they will show the full gig, but would very surprised if we get nothing at all

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Just in case nobody has mentioned this the BBC always seem to have pro shot footage of Glasto that they put out. So if they do play there I would expect pro shot stuff and maybe even an interview (probably not with Axl of course). Should either be on Iplayer or Youtube you will probably just need a VPN if you live outside of the UK.

I doubt they will show the full gig, but would very surprised if we get nothing at all

Been well mentioned and discussed on this thread, don't worry! 

On 1/24/2023 at 12:39 PM, allwaystired said:

Has anyone known a (potentially) stadium tour go on sale so late for shows in June? 

Seems totally unprecedented to me. 

Also.....what is going on with Glasgow? Still not formally cancelled or rescheduled. Aren't ticket holders annoyed? 

The more I think about all this, the more I think something is going on, one way or the other. 

Yes the glasgow people are fucked off. 
We’ve got muse, rhcp and transmt all happening within a 2 week period…. Just give us the date or tell us it’s cancelled.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Missdisco said:

Yes the glasgow people are fucked off. 
We’ve got muse, rhcp and transmt all happening within a 2 week period…. Just give us the date or tell us it’s cancelled.

I can well imagine. You can't just hold o to people's money and give them no information. Show should have been fully refunded then if rescheduled (and that seems a big 'if' now) tickets sold again, in my view. 

Are all those gigs at the same place? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

3 more days of January. Surely. lol

And Hyde was announced December 1? Maybe they paid enough not to announce other dates for 2 months, so February 1?

Or maybe GN'R management is just incompetent or arrogant, thinking it will sell well anyway?

Like I said before in this thread a lot of these dates are probably being withheld until the festivals are announced.  Festivals have a lot of power and usually want to announce their lineup before the bands break the news of their touring plans.

Once the lineups come out the rest of the dates will come out.  This probably has nothing at all to do with management, but moreso the agreements the band has with the festivals they are playing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Like I said before in this thread a lot of these dates are probably being withheld until the festivals are announced.  Festivals have a lot of power and usually want to announce their lineup before the bands break the news of their touring plans.

Once the lineups come out the rest of the dates will come out.  This probably has nothing at all to do with management, but moreso the agreements the band has with the festivals they are playing 

Which European festivals haven’t announced their line up?

I can’t see it being Glastonbury holding it up. It’s already sold out. GN’R appearing or not makes no difference. 

8 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Which European festivals haven’t announced their line up?

I can’t see it being Glastonbury holding it up. It’s already sold out. GN’R appearing or not makes no difference. 

They're rumoured to play graspop in Belgium. But there's also other festivals still in need of a headliner. Firenze rocks, maybe Rockwave in athens

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

7 minutes ago, Atlas19 said:

Madcool in Madrid was rumored too. And the headliner for Friday is not announced yet

MC23-POSTER-19D.jpg

What a bizarre festival.. never seen such a mix of different genres at one festival!

They should change the name to MadRandom!

Edited by DustNBones1990
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Atlas19 said:

Madcool in Madrid was rumored too. And the headliner for Friday is not announced yet

MC23-POSTER-19D.jpg

If it is GNR, why are they the only ones not announced? That's odd in itself. Why wait? 

It's got to be a money thing, surely. The band want more than promoters want to pay them. Nothing else really makes sense at this late stage.