2023 WORLD TOUR

23 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

What a bizarre festival.. never seen such a mix of different genres at one festival!

They should change the name to MadRandom!

Are they all on one stage?

it’s a pretty strong line up. Something for everyone. Uk has so many festivals they all get diluted. 

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Looks like the festival has kind of confirmed it themselves a couple months ago? Saw this on Reddit.

it-looks-like-guns-n-roses-will-play-mad

That makes it even weirder.....and even more likely I think that things are breaking down negotiations wise as they want 2016/2017 money 7 years into a tour that fewer people are interested in. 

If the festival were hinting strongly at it months ago and they haven't confirmed it....there must be a problem somewhere. 

I actually hope that is the case. If they're not able to get gigs for the money they want, it's going to force a change of some sort which could make things more interesting......

Edited by allwaystired
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So the tour so far could look like this I guess?

June 16 - Graspop

June 18 - firenze

June 24 - Glastonbury

June 27 (?) - Glasgow

June 30 - London

July 7 - Madrid 

This could possibly fit with a possible Düsseldorf date as the stadium is (at least officially) still free for bookings in June between Depeche Mode two times in early June and Springsteen on the 21. immediately followed by Harry Styles two times after that and almost the whole of July (except The Weeknd on the 4th), but this is only speculation on my part as GNR have been heavily rumored in the past to play in Düsseldorf before and even demanding a bigger place to play than our football stadium, which didn't happen. Now as they're maybe scaling the arena sizes down a bit, Düsseldorf could be back in the race again. 

Plus we have a supposedly renowned steak house that Axl visited before when he was here with Axl/DC. :D

Edited by Spoon87

On 1/28/2023 at 8:55 PM, allwaystired said:

I can well imagine. You can't just hold o to people's money and give them no information. Show should have been fully refunded then if rescheduled (and that seems a big 'if' now) tickets sold again, in my view. 

Are all those gigs at the same place? 

3 years we have had tickets and still noting it’s getting to the point i actually wonder if they will ever play it the no updates is shocking we are nearly in February and still noting they either need to give us a date or just cancel it.  

the tramsit gig is in the same place that’s a weekend thing.  

• Like 1

9 ore fa, Stay.Of.Execution ha scritto:

Quindi il tour finora potrebbe essere così, immagino?

15/16 giugno - Graspop

17/18 giugno - firenze

24 giugno - Glastonbury

27 giugno (?) - Glasgow

30 giugno - Londra

7 luglio - Madrid 

Più i rumorosi spettacoli a Vigo, Atene e probabilmente qualcosa in Germania 

Can't say about the other dates, but I keep thinking that on Friday, June 16, the slot at Firenze Rocks was vacated for Guns

13 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Firenze è solo sabato e domenica 

It is usually Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with headliners announced by December.
So far they have only announced The Who on Saturday and Maroon5 on Sunday.
That means Thursday and Friday are still to be announced. And Friday is for more important acts than Thursday.

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's got to be a money thing, surely. The band want more than promoters want to pay them. Nothing else really makes sense at this late stage. 

Festival lineups are usually set at least 18 months in advance. No way the headliner is still negotiating at this point 

Unless someone like Rage Against the Machine was scheduled and dropped out but I would really doubt they are still negotiating at this point.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Festival lineups are usually set at least 18 months in advance. No way the headliner is still negotiating at this point 

Unless someone like Rage Against the Machine was scheduled and dropped out but I would really doubt they are still negotiating at this point.

I'd be inclined to agree, definitely, but I just can't see what else would be going on here. If it's set in stone, you'd think they would announce? 

9 hours ago, TAYLOR said:

3 years we have had tickets and still noting it’s getting to the point i actually wonder if they will ever play it the no updates is shocking we are nearly in February and still noting they either need to give us a date or just cancel it.  

the tramsit gig is in the same place that’s a weekend thing.  

3 years! Forgot about that. Yeah, that's shocking. You guys need some information. 

• Like 1

Why would Glastonbury hold up all these other dates, when Glastonbury allegedly doesn't pay out great amount to it's acts?

I can't think of any other Festival having the power to hold up an announcement. Surely they are losing sales by the day it's not announced with people opting to spend their money elsewhere and book up their summer.

2 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Why would Glastonbury hold up all these other dates, when Glastonbury allegedly doesn't pay out great amount to it's acts?

I can't think of any other Festival having the power to hold up an announcement. Surely they are losing sales by the day it's not announced with people opting to spend their money elsewhere and book up their summer.

There probably isn't any other festival with that kind of power. But Glastonbury is unique. Glastonbury never struggles selling out, there are people who go without even knowing who is playing. It's more of a cultural hippy vibe thing where people of all ages go to camp and get drunk and take pills. 

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

There probably isn't any other festival with that kind of power. But Glastonbury is unique. Glastonbury never struggles selling out, there are people who go without even knowing who is playing. It's more of a cultural hippy vibe thing where people of all ages go to camp and get drunk and take pills. 

Lots of steamy hot stinky sex in tents?

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

Lots of steamy hot stinky sex in tents?

Yeah so i'm led to believe lol

There's a hippyness/ political anti-war type woodstock vibe about it. It's been going since 1970. They do seem an odd choice to play there, but having said that Metallica headlined it a few years back.