2023 WORLD TOUR

The Pretenders 

The Darkness

Larkin Poe 

Will be GmR  support for Hyde Park well i have just had the Email 

THE PRETENDERS, THE DARKNESS, LARKIN PARK + MORE JOIN GUNS N' ROSES!

Global rock phenomenon Guns N’ Roses will headline American Express presents BST Hyde Park for the very first time on Friday 30 June, and we're delighted to share the first wave of special guests joining them!

Prominent English-American rock band The Pretenders are coming to BST Hyde Park, plus theatrical rock heroes The Darkness, and Nashville-based multi-instrumentalist sisters Larkin Poe, plus many more TBA.

The Pretenders are a group I probably know a couple songs by,but I'd watch if I were there for Gn'R.  Same with the Darkness. No clue who larkin poe is. I remember Poe who had a couple minor radio hits in the States decades ago.  I'm guessing these openers are better than whomever will be playing with Gn'R in the States.  

On 3/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Switching between St Anger and Frantic between shows isn't switching it up.

Not when you go to Pearl Jam and later era Neil Young shows.

Nonsense. there's a minimum of 4/5 songs of the 18(ish setlist) switched out every night, if you see them multiple times well then sorry, you will eventually see repeats but that's still pretty decent. 

End of the day, Metallica like to include the songs they know people want to hear and they have A LOT of those songs, so automatically you're eating up a good 10 spaces on the set, and that's being very conservative considering you could play 5/6 alone from the black album very easily. 

Fair play to Pearl Jam for having a bigger song list and fair play to Neil Youngs band for remembering so many of his songs... but you cannot beat Metallica for not changing it up.... especially when we're on a GNR fansite🤣 Pearl Jam/Neil Young might be the extreme, Metallica are somewhere behind them and right at the end of the line there's GNR beating a dead horse

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

The Pretenders are a group I probably know a couple songs by,but I'd watch if I were there for Gn'R.  Same with the Darkness. No clue who larkin poe is. I remember Poe who had a couple minor radio hits in the States decades ago.  I'm guessing these openers are better than whomever will be playing with Gn'R in the States.  

Larkin Poe are two sisters that play kinda heavy blues / bluegrass music (with a bunch of other influences from folk through to electronic), some nice slide guitar and good vocal harmonies... I imagine they'll be mostly ignored like most support acts, but they will be pretty good nonetheless and worth checking out! 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, Tom2112 said:

Larkin Poe are two sisters that play kinda heavy blues / bluegrass music (with a bunch of other influences from folk through to electronic), some nice slide guitar and good vocal harmonies... I imagine they'll be mostly ignored like most support acts, but they will be pretty good nonetheless and worth checking out! 

And one of the sisters is married to Tyler Bryant.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, felixGNR said:

the tour is still   selling poorly. 

the band will not play stadiums again in the US after this. ( i think change of venues are in the cards)

We said this after the last tour.....not sure how or why but people are making money off them not selling well in some stadiums apparently.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, felixGNR said:

the band will not play stadiums again in the US after this. ( i think change of venues are in the cards)

In Spain the tickets were already sold out in the first/second day, now you can buy some of them but at 400€ and not on any good place

12 hours ago, felixGNR said:

That’s what I thought last time, but here they are playing MetLife, Hershey, Wrigley and Fenway again. I have no problem waiting for week of the show to buy my tickets at the price they should’ve been listed at to begin with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

We said this after the last tour.....not sure how or why but people are making money off them not selling well in some stadiums apparently.

Because they don't need to get to 80/90/100% capacity to break even, it's probably closer to once they hit 40/50% they've broke even and then it'a all profit. I just don't know how any other scenario would make sense

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

last time we had tons of covid restrictions. they were one of the 1st band to get back on the road .

tickets were still selling better than now.

59 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Because they don't need to get to 80/90/100% capacity to break even, it's probably closer to once they hit 40/50% they've broke even and then it'a all profit. I just don't know how any other scenario would make sense

Yeah that's my theory too. Otherwise it all makes no sense -drop down to Arenas for a bit, then ramp it back up to stadiums with the same setlist, a tired band and a general public who have had many opportunities to see the same thing? That would make no business sense at all. 

I'd say that ticket prices are so high now that selling a small amount makes a profit. Then you reduce prices significantly, give some away to fill up the place and hope people buy merch/beer etc. 

Live Nation/Ticketmaster are greedy, nasty, calculating and fan-exploiting bastards so there is no way they'd have booked GNR onto this tour if they'd thought there was even a small risk of losing money. 

• Like 4

On 4/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tom2112 said:

Think you're probably right and they'll do this for as long as they can before having to drop back down to arenas. Make hay while the sun shines...

Edited by invisible_rose