Andy Taylor of Duran Duran

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Just hear the news that Andy Taylor, guitar player for Duran Duran, has stage 4 prostrate cancer. They were performing at the R&R Hall of Fame, but not Andy.

Since he has stage 4, there's not a whole lot you can do, so it sucks, but pretty sure we'll hear of his passing soon.

Anyone over 40 nowadays should have regular checkups with their regular doctor who in turn would recommend different tests be done.

If my mother didn't get her early mammogram, should would have been dead. Same with coloscopies. 

We all know it's not fun to have tests done, but if you catch a disease early and can be cured why not?

We've lost too many people before their time because they didn't take care of themselves.

• Sad 1

I watched some audience shot footage of Simon Le Bon reading Andy's letter. It's heartbreaking and the audience goes silent. The bit about him having just bought a new guitar for the event too is quite sad. He was obviously very excited about it.

I thought it strange earlier in the day that none of the media coverage or press photos showed Andy since he was originally announced to be there. On top of that, their current guitarist since 2006 (Dom Brown) was sharing rehearsal shots on his Instagram so I just assumed plans had fallen through with Andy. Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected given their history.

But then Simon dropped that bombshell during the ceremony and it all changed.

It's a shame. I'm a huge Duran Duran fan so seeing Andy with them one last time would have been terrific.

Warren Cuccurullo was also inducted with the band and Simon gave him a nice shout out, but I'm not sure he was ever fully committed to going.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

I watched some audience shot footage of Simon Le Bon reading Andy's letter. It's heartbreaking and the audience goes silent. The bit about him having just bought a new guitar for the event too is quite sad. He was obviously very excited about it.

I thought it strange earlier in the day that none of the media coverage or press photos showed Andy since he was originally announced to be there. On top of that, their current guitarist since 2006 (Dom Brown) was sharing rehearsal shots on his Instagram so I just assumed plans had fallen through with Andy. Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected given their history.

But then Simon dropped that bombshell during the ceremony and it all changed.

It's a shame. I'm a huge Duran Duran fan so seeing Andy with them one last time would have been terrific.

Warren Cuccurullo was also inducted with the band and Simon gave him a nice shout out, but I'm not sure he was ever fully committed to going.

I think that riff in Hungry Like The Wolf is one of the best ever. 

• Like 1