GNR announce London '23 show

I can tell you that any London show in Hyde Park in June is a show where the stage is directly facing the sun until around 9:30pm and it doesn't get dark until the end of the show at 10pm. I think this creates an awful rock concert experience.

There is a strict curfew at 10pm as the area is surrounded by some of the worlds poshest hotels and houses. It won't go a minute past 10pm.

Considering how late the band was to the last London concert in Tottenham and how short their setlist ended up being.. I can imagine them showing up at 9pm and playing for just an hour. 30th June is a late festival date in Europe. By the time they get to London, they will have played in at least 15 other festivals around Europe (rock am ring, graspop etc. and possibly also Glastonbury which is the highest profile festival they could ever play at). By the time Axl is London, his throat will be gone again and he will need to bring more than just C. Underwood to save the day.

Anyway... consider the above before paying 2x-3x the amount to see a band in Central London. You aren't paying for a good concert experience, you are paying for the sheer cost of organising any big gathering in one of the wealthiest areas in the world.

I wish they played at o2... but they never do as they only seem to go for max $/minute these days.

I haven't made up my mind yet on whether I will go but I don't think there is any rush because this one won't 'really' sell out. Ever. It will be made to look 'artificially sold out' by ticketmaster as they regularly use this drip-feeding tactic but it won't ever fully sell out. If it does, there will be plenty of cheap 2nd hand tickets on the market too going under the face value.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Wasn't planning on seeing them again soon but Hyde Park concerts are convenient for me, can crash at my sister's nearby. Was considering seeing Billy Joel there next July.

Weird that they're coming back to London so soon. I guess this is because they'll be playing the Glasgow make-up show around that time?

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

"One of the most legendary rock bands on the planet, Guns N' Roses are heading to American Express presents BST Hyde Park for a massive show, Friday 30 June 2023! Full lineup TBA"

Thats how BTS Hyde Park is announcing it. Anyone familiar with this knows if its a real festival?

They're all one day festival shows that run for a few weeks, you just buy a ticket for 1 day. Billy Joel is playing the same venue the following week.

In 2014 I went to two, one was Sabbath headlining (openers were Motorhead, Faith No More, and Soundgarden), and the other was Neil Young (The National were openers).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amir said:

They're all one day festival shows that run for a few weeks, you just buy a ticket for 1 day. Billy Joel is playing the same venue the following week.

In 2014 I went to two, one was Sabbath headlining (openers were Motorhead, Faith No More, and Soundgarden), and the other was Neil Young (The National were openers).

Holy shit, you lucky fuck! Was it as amazing as it sounds?