GNR announce London '23 show

9 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

"One of the most legendary rock bands on the planet, Guns N' Roses are heading to American Express presents BST Hyde Park for a massive show, Friday 30 June 2023! Full lineup TBA"

Thats how BTS Hyde Park is announcing it. Anyone familiar with this knows if its a real festival?

Instead of having one support act, there’s usually like 3 or 4 support acts, and starts early afternoon like 3. Going by other artists playing there next year a general admission ticket is around £100

mail now from GNR

GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCES FIRST SHOW OF 2023 IN LONDON!

Guns N’ Roses will headline American Express® presents BST Hyde Park for the very first time on Friday 30 June.

GET ON THE NIGHTRAIN FOR THE FIRST SHOT AT TICKETS

Hyde Park presale will begin 5th of December @ 10 am local time.

Active NIGHTRAIN members will see their UNIQUE presale code displayed on the TOUR page after logging in.

For all public onsale dates, go to gunsnroses.com/tour for the most up to date info.

9 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Holy shit, you lucky fuck! Was it as amazing as it sounds?

From the line-up I was really excited, but on the actual day I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd seen Faith No More once before at Brixton Academy in 2012 and that was a fantastic show. But the 2014 show was a totally different vibe. Early afternoon, very sunny, weird atmosphere for FNM, and then they debuted two new songs. I thought a club show like Brixton would have been a much better place to play new music, instead it got a muted reception at an open-air festival where they were openers and not headliners. Motorhead weren't bad, and Chris Cornell had a good vibe with the crowd in Soundgarden, he chatted a lot between songs, which was cool. Sabbath weren't bad, I know @Powerage5 thought they were underwhelming but I'd never seen them before (or since) so I'm glad I got to see them.

I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed Neil Young & Crazy Horse the following week, he was really powerful on stage.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

One of the worst places for a gig anywhere. 

They can't put the sound too loud as they get complaints and it's all over by 10. 

It's a definite no from me! 

On a positive note though- BST Hyde Park is always very liberal with their free/virtually free tickets (had a good few in the past), so that's an option for those that don't fancy emptying their wallets in a cost of living crisis! 

Edited by allwaystired

I am glad they are alive and healthy and that Axl appears to be in a good place. 

That said, I can’t get excited about this band. The UYI boxset is really cool and the NYC video is incredible. I just can’t see myself spending more money to see them again with this same setlist, going into its 8th year

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I am glad they are alive and healthy and that Axl appears to be in a good place. 

That said, I can’t get excited about this band. The UYI boxset is really cool and the NYC video is incredible. I just can’t see myself spending more money to see them again with this same setlist, going into its 8th year

I don't think you're the only one! 

I loved the shows I saw on the NITL tour, but it's done for me now. Can't go and see the same thing over and over when there are so many other things to see. 

Edited by allwaystired

34 minutes ago, Amir said:

From the line-up I was really excited, but on the actual day I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd seen Faith No More once before at Brixton Academy in 2012 and that was a fantastic show. But the 2014 show was a totally different vibe. Early afternoon, very sunny, weird atmosphere for FNM, and then they debuted two new songs. I thought a club show like Brixton would have been a much better place to play new music, instead it got a muted reception at an open-air festival where they were openers and not headliners. Motorhead weren't bad, and Chris Cornell had a good vibe with the crowd in Soundgarden, he chatted a lot between songs, which was cool. Sabbath weren't bad, I know @Powerage5 thought they were underwhelming but I'd never seen them before (or since) so I'm glad I got to see them.

I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed Neil Young & Crazy Horse the following week, he was really powerful on stage.

The festival setup was fine. Unfortunately I only got there in time to see Wolfmother in the tent, and then Sabbath headline. I was gutted as I’m a huge Motörhead fan and I hadn’t seen FNM (And still haven’t :( ). It’s not so much that I found Sabbath underwhelming, as I just don’t care for Ozzy live one bit :lol: The band was good, albeit the set was pretty short and they cut a song I’d really been looking forward to that they played every other night of the 13 tour. 

I second @allwaystired - go see Maiden instead ;) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Sadly, and I never thought I'd say this, but I have absolutely zero desire to go back to London to see them again - especially in another large/stadium type setting. 

If they put a UK tour on the back of it and play some other venues, I could be tempted, but I'm not dropping about £1k for me and my partner to travel to London to see the same rehashed show. It would appear I'm done - and that makes me sad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Do you honestly think they will have new material out by June 2023?! 

Prepare for a good ol' bellyful of laughs next summer! 

After all the Slash talk about "music coming out imminently" I genuinely thought we'd have something by now!

It's crazy that Absurd is nearly 16 months old!

Roll on 'The Next Chapter' 2023 :lol:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Sadly, and I never thought I'd say this, but I have absolutely zero desire to go back to London to see them again - especially in another large/stadium type setting. 

If they put a UK tour on the back of it and play some other venues, I could be tempted, but I'm not dropping about £1k for me and my partner to travel to London to see the same rehashed show. It would appear I'm done - and that makes me sad.

I know what you mean, the cost isn’t as bad for me but the initial excitement of seeing a new UK show was quickly followed by eurgh another expensive trip down to London. At least it’s in the centre and not the arse end of north or east London like the previous times. 

Are there any rumours of any other UK shows? I noticed Pink and Bruce Springsteen are both playing Villa Park in Birmingham in June a couple of weeks before they’re also scheduled to play BST Hyde Park… that would be perfect for me but probably unlikely.  I don’t think GNR have played Birmingham for at least a decade now. 

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

I'm the same - saw them at the Olympic stadium in 2017 and Tottenham this year - not traveling to London again - the hotel prices were expensive. If they came further north I might consider it, but only if there is new music!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

With it being a festival, it might rule out Glastonbury. Even though the timing would match up, Glastonbury doesn’t like to share headliners.

Pearl Jam played twice last year with over a dozen unique support acts for each day.

surely GNR play a second date here too? dont believe the only date they play will be a Friday.  Bruce Springsteen and Pink both have 2 dates at the same festival (sat/sun for pink, thu/sat for Bruce).  Weird to schedule a full day event for a workday