GNR announce London '23 show

31 minutes ago, somekindofstranger said:

surely GNR play a second date here too? dont believe the only date they play will be a Friday.  Bruce Springsteen and Pink both have 2 dates at the same festival (sat/sun for pink, thu/sat for Bruce).  Weird to schedule a full day event for a workday

Take That are playing the day after GNR at Hyde Park

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amir said:

From the line-up I was really excited, but on the actual day I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd seen Faith No More once before at Brixton Academy in 2012 and that was a fantastic show. But the 2014 show was a totally different vibe. Early afternoon, very sunny, weird atmosphere for FNM, and then they debuted two new songs. I thought a club show like Brixton would have been a much better place to play new music, instead it got a muted reception at an open-air festival where they were openers and not headliners. Motorhead weren't bad, and Chris Cornell had a good vibe with the crowd in Soundgarden, he chatted a lot between songs, which was cool. Sabbath weren't bad, I know @Powerage5 thought they were underwhelming but I'd never seen them before (or since) so I'm glad I got to see them.

I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed Neil Young & Crazy Horse the following week, he was really powerful on stage.

Yeah, I can echo most of this.   I was really looking forward to seeing FNM, but their set was odd.  And Soundgarden just played Superunknown all the way through, which was also a bit disappointing.  A further problem was that because the bill was so strong, it was packed right from the start.  So when you went to get some beer, you basically had to buy 8 pints because the queues were so long.  And it was very hot.  So by the time Sabbath came on I was bloated, drunk, and tired...I think I went home after Into The Void.

I actually like Hyde Park as a venue - I've seen The White Stripes, The Rolling Stones, and Neil Young there too; and it's only a short bus ride home for me - but I think I will wait until nearer the time for this...see how things are looking for GnR...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

This probably means, that we won't see a new album next year... 🙄

They haven't even started work for a new album, and slash said "after ner years tour we'll start looking at a new record" 2024/202? Who knows but not next year besides maybe hearing one of the finished songs they already have ready. Amazing really.

• Like 1

For me to go to this i need 2 things. New music released (doesnt have to be a full album but at least 2 more singles) and a great line up for the day. Usually they have 5/6 acts on throughout the day and the 2/3 subs are usually big name bands in their own right. i'd be expecting something of the motley crue/smashing pumpkin level of act as the immediate support. obv it wont be either of those 2.. but bands of that ilk. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, somekindofstranger said:

surely GNR play a second date here too? dont believe the only date they play will be a Friday.  Bruce Springsteen and Pink both have 2 dates at the same festival (sat/sun for pink, thu/sat for Bruce).  Weird to schedule a full day event for a workday

BST Hyde Park often do stuff on weekdays. 

56 minutes ago, 3coloursbeige said:

Although they're probably a bit too heavy for the general GnR crowd I might be tempted to go if zombie Pantera were added to the bill...even though I don't really consider it Pantera without the Darrells...

Abbott's 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've been ready for about 8 years. 

Only 8?

5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

With it being a festival, it might rule out Glastonbury. Even though the timing would match up, Glastonbury doesn’t like to share headliners.

Pearl Jam played twice last year with over a dozen unique support acts for each day.

It doesn't rule out Glastonbury, the promoter for BST is happy for bands to play both festivals 

18 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

It doesn't rule out Glastonbury, the promoter for BST is happy for bands to play both festivals 

Also, Glastonbury is more than happy to share headliners. It's happened often in the past. I'd say if anything it makes Glastonbury much more likely- they're in the country, and it looks like the announcement of just this one show could be because they need to get it in before Glastonbury announces. 

8 hours ago, Amir said:

From the line-up I was really excited, but on the actual day I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd seen Faith No More once before at Brixton Academy in 2012 and that was a fantastic show. But the 2014 show was a totally different vibe. Early afternoon, very sunny, weird atmosphere for FNM, and then they debuted two new songs. I thought a club show like Brixton would have been a much better place to play new music, instead it got a muted reception at an open-air festival where they were openers and not headliners. Motorhead weren't bad, and Chris Cornell had a good vibe with the crowd in Soundgarden, he chatted a lot between songs, which was cool. Sabbath weren't bad, I know @Powerage5 thought they were underwhelming but I'd never seen them before (or since) so I'm glad I got to see them.

I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed Neil Young & Crazy Horse the following week, he was really powerful on stage.

Sol Invictus is such a boring , unambitious album and probably the worst in their catalog. I'm guessing they played Matador. Faith No More was supposed to play shows the past few years but Covid and Mike Patton having mental health issues means they haven't played a show with him since 2015.

10 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

I saw the stones there day after GN’R this year. Sound was amazing, Stage brilliant & all in all world class organisation & I’m sure the curfew was 10.30/11. Just the same as Tottenham. 

can’t wait 

Yeah. Saw Black Sabbath there in '14 and it was great. Don't know what the OP is on about. They haven't been late in years and at festivals you often can see them cheaper than on their own shows. And playing into sunset makes a show special.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Another leg on the Hard Skool tour. It’s incredibly how two singles, in Axl’s mind, justifies a world tour over 2 years in the same areas on some legs. This band is at an all time low in my opinion.

How long did they tour  just CD?! 😂