Your Concerts in 2023

opalho

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Depeche Mode is coming to Dallas too. So many bands coming this summer. So little money. lol

Ticketmaster is still charging those damn charges which makes it more expensive to get tickets. It's really got to stop but when?

It seems any ticket site you purchase tickets from is charging extra charges and now it's only mobile tickets so why still these damn extra charges?

I think they do charges that are at most 10% of the ticket price. A positive development is that ticket prices were usually listed ex service charges and are now listed inc service charges. At least they're fucking you over right at the start instead of giving you surprise buttsex while you're already at the payment stage. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Also going to see Depeche Mode! Never seen them and they have been on my bucket list to see for years. I am going to see them in November in SLC. 

They are coming to Dallas too, but I already got tickets for 4 concerts and so many bands are coming this summer. Can't afford to see as many as I would like to. Since Covid it seems every band is out touring this year in the US and from what I've seen Europe too.

• Like 1

So far this year:

January:

The Baboon Show - Stockholm

February:

Die Toten Hosen - Düsseldorf

March:

Mehnersmoos - Oberhausen, Antilopen Gang - Münster

April:

The Baboon Show - Cologne

Metallica - Amsterdam

May

The Last Internationale - Hengelo (?)

June

GNR - Madrid, Graspop, London

July

GNR - Frankfurt, Rome, Athens

Rammstein - Groningen, Berlin

Feine Sahne Fischfilet - Dortmund

August

Rammstein - Brussels

September

Ricky Gervais - Kopenhagen

December

Mehnersmoos - Münster

• Like 1

RHCP were incredible, I'll post some videos tomorrow but just look at this setlist:

Intro Jam
Can't Stop
The Zephyr Song
Snow ((Hey Oh)) + Jam
Here Ever After
Otherside
Eddie
Wet Sand
Soul To Squeeze
Tippa My Tongue
Me and My Friends
Carry Me Home
Tell Me Baby
Intro Jam + Californication
Black Summer
By The Way
Encore: 
I Could Have Lied 
Give It Away

John was on fucking fire tonight :headbang:

• Like 4

Relatively light year thus far:

May 5th - Billy Idol (Niagara Falls)

June 29th - Tears For Fears (Toronto)

August 8th - Guns N' Roses (Montreal)

September 19th - Duran Duran (Toronto)

Probably most looking forward to Tears For Fears because I've yet to see them live and the new album is fantastic. Also excited to see Duran Duran again because last summer they nearly got rained out and cut the song I was most excited to hear (incidentally, Hold Back The Rain). Fortunately, it's indoors this time!

Would have liked to have seen Queen + Adam Lambert again but I couldn't be bothered with the Ticketmaster battle and extortionist prices. Going to see a local Queen tribute in May instead. :lol:

• Like 1

Avenged Sevenfold in October

WASP is coming to Dallas, but I'm not really that much of a fan to pay $40 to hear a few songs I like.  I will see how I feel that week.

On 4/9/2023 at 12:22 PM, James Bond said:

Relatively light year thus far:

May 5th - Billy Idol (Niagara Falls)

June 29th - Tears For Fears (Toronto)

August 8th - Guns N' Roses (Montreal)

September 19th - Duran Duran (Toronto)

Probably most looking forward to Tears For Fears because I've yet to see them live and the new album is fantastic. Also excited to see Duran Duran again because last summer they nearly got rained out and cut the song I was most excited to hear (incidentally, Hold Back The Rain). Fortunately, it's indoors this time!

Would have liked to have seen Queen + Adam Lambert again but I couldn't be bothered with the Ticketmaster battle and extortionist prices. Going to see a local Queen tribute in May instead. :lol:

I would love to see Adam Lambert and Queen, but the tickets are super expensive and it seems every band or musician I love is coming to Dallas this year. It's crazy. I've already spent over $1000 on concerts. 

• Wow 1

On 4/13/2023 at 9:42 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Avenged Sevenfold in October

WASP is coming to Dallas, but I'm not really that much of a fan to pay $40 to hear a few songs I like.  I will see how I feel that week.

I would love to see Adam Lambert and Queen, but the tickets are super expensive and it seems every band or musician I love is coming to Dallas this year. It's crazy. I've already spent over $1000 on concerts. 

I've seen Queen with Adam Lambert twice and cannot recommend them enough. If you haven't seen them yet, do it.

• Like 1

Has occurred:

1. Anthrax & Black Label Society w/ Exodus
  2. John Mellencamp
  3. Alter Bridge w/ Mammoth WVH and Pistols at Dawn

Upcoming:

1. Dream Theater w/ Devin Townsend and Animals as Leaders
  2. Volbeat w/ Halestorm
  3. W.A.S.P. w/ Armored Saint
  4. Iron Maiden (Unpurchased)
  5. P!nk
  6. Bruce Springsteen

Potential:

• Bryan Adams w/ Joan Jett
  • Ghost w/ Amon Amarth OR Greta Van Fleet
  • Guns N Roses
  • Kiss
  • Sting
  • Metallica
  • Aerosmith, if the rumours are true.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

and Pink Floyd. 

Like.... on BluRay? 

Just now, Oxford said:

Well…. Roger Waters. But they may come together for a private gig in November.  I hope. 

I give Roger and David coming together on any stage at all ever again a chance of 0.00%. Let alone under the Pink Floyd moniker. 

If you're really lucky, you could see Nick joining Roger for a few songs. And even that is nearly impossible. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, username said:

Like.... on BluRay? 

I give Roger and David coming together on any stage at all ever again a chance of 0.00%. Let alone under the Pink Floyd moniker. 

If you're really lucky, you could see Nick joining Roger for a few songs. And even that is nearly impossible. 

The event in November is for a particular launch.  It will only be a very short set as it’s a more of a talk and tour.  It fell through last year as it was supposed to be at Abbey Road with their Ukrainian thing.  Gilmour and Mason.    But I’m hoping it will come together this year.  And there’s this too…

https://www.waterfront.co.uk/what-s-on/uk-pink-floyd-experience-2/

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from Graveyard + Kadavar. As much as I love Graveyard, their live performance isn’t on par with Kadavar. Both bands co-headlining this tour make them sound weaker live. Kadavar, on the other hand, sound better every time I see them. Now, with four members (two guitars), they sound even more impressive.

• Like 1