probably never if you mean Axl. A little more likely but still very unlikely that Slash and/or Duff would do it but it's possible. Just doesn't seem like their approach or style nowdays. (Joe Rogan Experience)

32 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Hopefully Axl and co. have much better sense than to ever affiliate with Joe Rogan's show in any way lol

Why? I don't listen to JRE very often but the episodes I've heard have been entertaining. His main draw is that he has a wide variety of guests and opinions on his show, everyone from Alex Jones to Daryl Davis to Anthony Kiedis, etc.

He's probably the only 'interviewer' that could get Axl ranting about the crazy backstory to Rhiad for 15 minutes, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:
1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

How about Axl on Lex Fridman to talk about "AI, science, technology, history, philosophy and the nature of intelligence, consciousness, love, and power"?

Now that I’d listen to! 😎

Edited by DustNBones1990
  • Like 1

I'd rather see Axl on Bill Maher's podcast than JRE, he seems like more of a music fan and I'd like to hear Bill and Axl talk about Catcher and Lennon.

Slash would be a great guest on Hot Ones IMO. Duff seems like he'd be more likely to do it, but Slash would be the most entertaining.

I respect Rogan for having such a variety of opinions and discussions on his show even though I don't agree with everything. That's one of the reasons I like Maher too. Rogan's good at what he does, he's had plenty of interesting and intelligent people on his show, and I think he got too much shit for 'covid misinformation'. I've heard Rogans shows while I'm at work, I know a few people who listen to him, but I don't know anyone who thinks he's intelligent. He seems like kind of a meme to his own fans. The appeal of his show is that you hear from a wide variety of guests.

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Seems extremely flawed to criticize and pin that on Joe when the world also had major news platforms and the government spout dumb shit about covid which turned out to be false

Not that Joe is the only one, but he certainly was riding high on some rather far out shit regarding COVID that was long long debunked by the time he arrived there lol.  Not too like get into it fully cause honestly I am still fatigued from the Joe debate with the pressure in Spotify to drop him and it was a huge thing, but while I do get the "brings on people of different views" thing - personally I do think it can be potentially irresponsible to put known entities with rather... detrimental views and conspiracy theories such as Alex Jones (and more) and putting them in a situation that could be perceived as them having credibility or clout  

I just would rather not see Axl on his podcast and based on Axl's views I don't think we really gotta worry about it anyways, not to mention the dude doesn't do 5 minute interviews much let alone a 1-3 hour one :lol:

Plus I don't know if Axl has even done DMT anyways which would eliminate a lot of what Joe would bring up

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

This begs the question of who would be the best person to interview Axl? Joe Rogan would feel like a profoundly dumbed down interview where he'd focus on the most banal things like "How awesome was it that you made WTTJ?, and how cool is Slash?".

I feel like there'd be very little insight and Joe has this lightly probing style that Axl wouldn't feel comfortable with.

I'd actually love to see Chris Jericho interview him as someone who's become a rockstar and actually asked Axl a few questions during that 2006 Eddie Trunk interview.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did something brought on this thread? I saw the same thing on the HTGTH message board as well. I find it odd that this thread is on both message boards. Usually that's not the case. Additionally, I didn't know what JRE stood for. 

1 hour ago, axlsalinger said:

Howard Stern

He'd be pretty good as someone who's previously interviewed Axl and actually knows about music. think anyone who's knowledgeable enough to ask insightful questions while letting Axl speak would be good. You could also have something like the Eddie Trunk interview from 2006 that was really an informal hangout of guys reminiscing and busting each others chops.