Id prefer Rogan over Stern-the interview with Billy Corgan was interesting because they got into the music industry, what broke up the original band, which could lead to a lot of info from Axl.  Stern's music interviews seem to be a lof of playing snippets of their hits, saying "Remember when you wrote this song?"  I remember Howard playing a minute of Chinese Democracy when it came out, but probably he nor Rogan ever listened to the album.  I'm not sure many interviewers or casual fans care about an album now 15 years old, which many never bought

On 1/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, Billy Cundy said:

rogan knows dick about music, but I don’t wanna hear Axl talk about his liberal use of the mixolydian mode or Slash’ tendency to mix minor and major pentatonics… I wanna hear about what he thinks about chimp attacks, UFOs and whether the COVID vaccine makes you gay. 

Somebody please make this happen, I would love to hear Axl's responses to these things. Maybe ask him about flat earth and whether we really landed on the moon too. 

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Just came to see if someone posted about Joe meeting Axl in Greece.

I'd love him to do the JRE.

Their political views might not exactly align but the format of the JRE I could see working with Axl. Fairly uninterrupted freestyle chat, not challenged too much on anything. Allowed to drink/smoke.

Could be really interesting and I'd bet they have some spiritual/mystic type stuff in common if nothing else.

Some people have posted about it in the Unofficial Social Media thread (I guess because they had forgotten/didn't know about this thread).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, alfierose said:

Just came to see if someone posted about Joe meeting Axl in Greece.

I'd love him to do the JRE.

Their political views might not exactly align 

why not, Rogan was endorsing Bernie Sanders, so they both ‘lean Democrat’ 

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Joe Rogan is human garbage and I wouldn't want Axl to be on his show. I'm pretty sure Axl isn't very fond of that piece of shit either. 

I just knew he cause people talk here. I look many differents opinions about he. But my impression about it UFO thing he seem a bit lunatic like these people believe in conspiracy theory's. 

On 7/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, Cosmo said:

I doubt Axl would ever wanna be in the same room as Joe Rogan

On 7/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Joe Rogan is human garbage and I wouldn't want Axl to be on his show. I'm pretty sure Axl isn't very fond of that piece of shit either. 

Well considering Axl invited Joe Rogan and his entourage to watch the show in Athens from the stage …. I’d say you’re both probably wrong. 

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 3

I'd be surprised if Axl went on JRE just for fun (ie not promoting anything).

he went on Kimmel to promote the Vegas residency and was stiff as a board.  if I recall correctly that Vegas residency wasn't selling well.  

maybe he will go on before the next boxset gets released. but my guess is he will never go on. 

17 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Lex Fridman should interview Axl.

Yeah, I'd prefer Lex Fridman as well, but I'm not against Joe Rogan either. Joe Rogan is pretty dumb sometimes, but I like the format of these shows. You get much more in depth responses from people in podcasts like these compared to something like Jimmy Kimmel for example.

• Like 1

honestly I think Joe is a fool, but fools can have charisma too and Joe has plenty imho. Maybe Axl liked him, and maybe that could lead to something of value to us, you never know. I would rather have a chimp interviewing Axl, but it would still be way better than nothing.

edit: Axl liked DJ Ashba so anything is possible. Joe seems to be pleasnet to talk to, his guest like him and connect to him in an emotional level quickly. I doubt it would lead to an inteview, but it's possible and that would be great.

Edited by Rovim
  • Haha 1