Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

25 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If my ears are correct, the piano was in standard tuning, whereas Axl usually plays this song in e-flat (like most GnR songs since 1986). So that probably also added to the difficulty.

Yes, it’s normally tuned a half step down. November Rain (until the end) is in the key of C. Pitch wise we hear this as if it’s in B(Cb) 

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Pianos are always in standard tuning. 

Not necessarily. Pretty sure it’s always been digital and always been played as if it’s in C major 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If my ears are correct, the piano was in standard tuning, whereas Axl usually plays this song in e-flat (like most GnR songs since 1986). So that probably also added to the difficulty.

It's not in standard here. I just quickly pulled up Mexico 2016 for a soundboard comparison (and similar sounding piano) and the key is the same.

• Thanks 1

I know that Axl said that he had tried to lift Lisa's spirits after the death of her son. However anyone know how far back their friendship goes? Just thinking about the link with Nicolas Cage. He was married to Lisa back in the early 2000's and is a huge Guns fan. Was at the Troubadour show 2016. Was that how the friendship could have developed or am I barking up the wrong tree? Could they have hung out as a trio. Just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

I know that Axl said that he had tried to lift Lisa's spirits after the death of her son. However anyone know how far back their friendship goes? Just thinking about the link with Nicolas Cage. He was married to Lisa back in the early 2000's and is a huge Guns fan. Was at the Troubadour show 2016. Was that how the friendship could have developed or am I barking up the wrong tree? Could they have hung out as a trio. Just a thought. 

uK2xg8jYJOGzw1yeITaXe7kIP9LyWsEqg2pG2lD0

This is from 2012 I believe… obviously somewhere around that time. They looked good together 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Do you always have to be so insulting? Especially in threads about death, of all things?

He sounded fine. It was only the first few seconds that were rough (understandably so).

I was joking. I was moved by Axl. 

• Like 1

I did not see the funeral. I might check it later after NFLfootbsll.

What Axl sang in length, sounded was just fine.

A FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND PEOPLE.

Some of y’all comments…way off.

Obviously, they were personal friends. Who knew. To what extent.

Sarah , Duchess of York was a very good friend .Who knows the very personal lives of these people.

If she just could have made it, made it to see her twin girls grown up at least…well, such is never for us to decide who goes when , and how. Reflecting  on my own life of people I know who passed away. No fault of their own.

LisaMarie had a lot of trouble in her life.  Good times, bad times like other people. . She always seemed unproblematic to the public and private.  She had good kids, a real family for  herself and a very good mother.

The poor girl, you could see at GoldenGlobes, she was not well. I guess she just could not hang in any longer especially after losing her son.   

I assume Axl is grateful for his life.He came a long way. Losing this friend of his must hit hard. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Sad 1