Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Very good speech and a heart felt performance by Axl. Anyone who is bashing him doing a song at a memorial service, definitely must have their own issues they should be worrying about. Most people have been being respectful, but I have seen some pretty inappropriate comments online this morning. Jesus, the guy is doing this for a friend who passed away, but I guess that is the internet.

Agree for the most part. Was obviously very tough on him, it's a funeral, you can never go there and belt your heart out so not sure what people expected. the piano part in this song is fantastic. However, it is the internet. there will be people out there who dont care about lisa marie or perhaps aware even aware or care that this is a funeral performance, they'll just hear Axls voice in isolation, and it's just gonna breed negativity. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

Hearing him talk and then sing like that made me see him as quite vulnerable actually - not something you usually associate with axl. RIP Lisa, life gets us all, and way sooner than you expect. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

Axl was just interviewed on ET and he said Lisa herself had said that if she does she wants him to sing NR. I'll upload the clip on youtube

Just seen it. That's amazing. I've  got a playlist of songs i want at my funeral. Imagine actually having that come true. Billy corgans performance was brilliant. Him, Paul McCartney and Axl are welcome to perform at mine

• Haha 2

• VampireSoul changed the title to Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

It’s very sweet of her family to invite Axl and ask him to play NR. They knew he deserved to be there, although he said he wasn't sure about that.

I was kinda shocked to see his truly sad expression. Isn't it rare for him to show his vulnerable side in front of others? I hope this event doesn’t affect him too much in a negative way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heather14 said:

It’s very sweet of her family to invite Axl and ask him to play NR. They knew he deserved to be there, although he said he wasn't sure about that.

I was kinda shocked to see his truly sad expression. Isn't it rare for him to show his vulnerable side in front of others? I hope this event doesn’t affect him too much in a negative way.

Not many people can keep their composure at a funeral/memorial. He was obviously saddened.  

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Hearing him talk and then sing like that made me see him as quite vulnerable actually - not something you usually associate with axl. RIP Lisa, life gets us all, and way sooner than you expect. 

Yes, 'mellow and vulnerable' would be a style it would be cool to hear him explore some time, unlikely as that may be. I wonder if Rick Rubin or whoever has ever made overtures to Axl to make some kind of 'veteran survivor' album. Sometimes that sort of thing is cheeseball, but I'd like to hear something like that from W.A.R. I can dream.

Edited by merryfnchristmas

Axl's speech was from the heart and he paid her a lovely tribute. A beautiful stripped back version of November Rain too. He was obviously struggling and deeply affected by his friends passing. But he can hold his head high with how he handled himself here.

As tragic as Lisa's passing is, seeing Axl like this makes him seem that little bit more relatable. I think he's quite shy now when not on a stage with his mates.

• Like 3