Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

11 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I think this is the first time Axl has attended a funeral, Shanoon, West Arkeen were just buried, but Axl was saddened by their deaths, perhaps adding to the years of reclusive times.

If I recall correctly, West did have a wake/funeral but Duff was the only one who showed up. That said, I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that all five AFD members were at a funeral together in the late 90s but didn’t say anything to one another. Is my mind just playing tricks on me?

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that all five AFD members were at a funeral together in the late 90s but didn’t say anything to one another. Is my mind just playing tricks on me?

I don't think that actually happened

1 hour ago, VampireSoul said:

These are the type of people that deserve a special place in hell. The man is clearly sombre, give him his space instead of clambouring for your once in a lifetime photo opportunity.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I like the moment when Axl is reading what he wrote from his phone about Lisa Marie and he makes a little mistake and before reading it again you can see how frustrated he is cause he fucked up.

it's a beautiful thing when a person cares that much about the memory of a loved one. Was obviously in a lot of pain, but he "had" to be there imo cause of the whole NR thing that Lisa Marie asked of him and I respect his choice to be there even if he knew there would be cameras there.

the fact that he took pictures with fans surprised me, but kudos for him for doing that. These fans sure picked a great time to take pics with him.

Yeah, it was all so very touching.  :cry: Not sure if this has been noticed / mentioned but he didn't wear much jewellery right? and iv'e always known him in jewellery, all the chains - the clink- how it sounds and looks. thats Axl ,      ....and for Lisa's service.. n memories..   He thought of everything. i thought the scarf was a beautiful touch, The collar to his outfit may have been  a respectful nod to her father . Really emotional and heart rendering speech for his close friend. I hope he heals. :(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

Yeah, it was all so very touching.  :cry: Not sure if this has been noticed / mentioned but he didn't wear much jewellery right? and iv'e always known him in jewellery, all the chains - the clink- how it sounds and looks. thats Axl ,      ....and for Lisa's service.. n memories..   He thought of everything. i thought the scarf was a beautiful touch, The collar to his outfit may have been  a respectful nod to her father . Really emotional and heart rendering speech for his close friend. I hope he heals. :(

I think we saw him acting and dressing like a normal human being for the first time. not the usual rockstar, the charachter he created for music business.

I loved it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerthGNR said:

These are the type of people that deserve a special place in hell. The man is clearly sombre, give him his space instead of clambouring for your once in a lifetime photo opportunity.

Yes I find it very weird that people do that at a funeral of all places where he is clearly upset at losing a friend.  Not respectful at all, and Axl did well to tolerate it.   I really don't get it.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hollyangel said:

Yes I find it very weird that people do that at a funeral of all places where he is clearly upset at losing a friend.  Not respectful at all, and Axl did well to tolerate it.   I really don't get it.  

Didn't really matter considering it was live streamed, but yeah... time and place, leave your shaggin' phone down

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hollyangel said:

Yeah people right? ...Just feel lisa's lyrics  are somewhat poignant  !

People 

Lisa Marie Presley.

It seems like it took you forever
Feels like we waited for years
I’ve grown weary of people
Too much disappointment there
You got here in the nick of time
Thank god you’re here
You go here in the nick of time
Thank god you did
People they will make or break you
I was broken
How do I keep you protected?
So, you don’t end up just like that
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did
People say they’re your friend
They’ll say anything
But I’ve known too many people
and too much heartbreak came from there
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did

5 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

Yeah people right? ...Just feel lisa's lyrics  are somewhat poignant  !

People 

Lisa Marie Presley.

It seems like it took you forever
Feels like we waited for years
I’ve grown weary of people
Too much disappointment there
Thank god you’re here
You go here in the nick of time
Thank god you did
People they will make or break you
I was broken
How do I keep you protected?
So, you don’t end up just like that
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did
People say they’re your friend
They’ll say anything
But I’ve known too many people
and too much heartbreak came from there
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did
Thank god you’re here
Thank god you did

I would say that Lisa Marie would have been subject to a lot of false friends just by way of being the daughter of the King.  It really would not have been easy, and she seemed a rather fragile person.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Debt said:

Where is Allwaystired to tell us how bad his voice sounds? I bet Axl will get crucified for this video. The whole world will see this video. Dear lord.

Looks like there's a whole discussion going on about here without me, but nice to be missed. I haven't seen the clip, nor am I interested in watching, nor have I seen any clips of Axl performing for a long time, so have no idea what his voice sounds like, unless I read people on here discussing it. 

Given I abandoned pointing out to you though that yes, his voice IS something people are interested in, I guess you had no choice to pursue the issue into another thread. 

Good to see the latest addition to a  long line of posters with very few posts who seem to gravitate towards mentioning me often too. 

Almost like, you know, it might be the same person or something. That would surely be madness though. Nothing like that EVER happens in the bizarre world of GNR fandom. 

Don't worry though, I'll pop you on the block list too though, just in case.

Might be wise to move on to someone else now. Perhaps someone that actually does have a view on Axl's voice (seems to be quite a few on this thread for you to get your teeth into).

You can continue quoting me and mentioning me if you like- I won't see it or read it. Whatever gets you through the day. 

Apologies to everyone else for clogging up a thread about quite a  sensitive and sad issue with this sort of nonsense. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hollyangel said:

I would say that Lisa Marie would have been subject to a lot of false friends just by way of being the daughter of the King.  It really would not have been easy, and she seemed a rather fragile person.  

Yeah I think that's a very good read of it.

I can imagine a lot of people would like a mega famous celeb or rockstar as a parent, but thinking about what that would actually be like i would have to pass. False friends would be a thing for sure. I really don't envy being in that position. 

35 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Yeah I think that's a very good read of it.

I can imagine a lot of people would like a mega famous celeb or rockstar as a parent, but thinking about what that would actually be like i would have to pass. False friends would be a thing for sure. I really don't envy being in that position. 

I have seen a few doccos where they have featured the children of famous musicians, Johnny Cash comes to mind, and it was not an easy life as their parent was often fighting addictions and broken marriages brought on by the pressures and temptations of being famous.   Then you would have to try and escape from that shadow of your famous parent and carve your own career, not easy!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hollyangel said:

I have seen a few doccos where they have featured the children of famous musicians, Johnny Cash comes to mind, and it was not an easy life as their parent was often fighting addictions and broken marriages brought on by the pressures and temptations of being famous.   Then you would have to try and escape from that shadow of your famous parent and carve your own career, not easy!  

some manage it I suppose like Liv Tyler for example. But I look at someone like Francis Bean Cobain and think wow there's no way I would want that sort of life. They have no choice in it at all of course.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Looks like there's a whole discussion going on about here without me, but nice to be missed. I haven't seen the clip, nor am I interested in watching, nor have I seen any clips of Axl performing for a long time, so have no idea what his voice sounds like, unless I read people on here discussing it. 

Given I abandoned pointing out to you though that yes, his voice IS something people are interested in, I guess you had no choice to pursue the issue into another thread. 

Good to see the latest addition to a  long line of posters with very few posts who seem to gravitate towards mentioning me often too. 

Almost like, you know, it might be the same person or something. That would surely be madness though. Nothing like that EVER happens in the bizarre world of GNR fandom. 

Don't worry though, I'll pop you on the block list too though, just in case.

Might be wise to move on to someone else now. Perhaps someone that actually does have a view on Axl's voice (seems to be quite a few on this thread for you to get your teeth into).

You can continue quoting me and mentioning me if you like- I won't see it or read it. Whatever gets you through the day. 

Apologies to everyone else for clogging up a thread about quite a  sensitive and sad issue with this sort of nonsense. 

Thank you for permission.