Jump to content

Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

Prince had a full tour with just him and a piano playing all his striped back hits. 

Thing is with Axls vocals it will leave him more vulnerable out there without the band. He would have to work on his voice and rearrange the way he sings.

 

 

It would never happen, but an Axl residency at a venue like The Joint would be amazing. Just him, a piano, and maybe 1 guitar player. He could play as many covers as he wants and spend half the show telling jokes and stories, it would be a cool change of pace from the GNR shows...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

seriously, are there people talking about his voice in this particular circumstance?

my god :facepalm:  there's  no limit to dullness

It was a great gesture there is no doubt about that.

However, he's a singer. A bad one at that.

I wouldnt want someone howling like that if I were the family.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

It was a great gesture there is no doubt about that.

However, he's a singer. A bad one at that.

I wouldnt want someone howling like that if I were the family.

 

I guess it's the thought that counts, especially in funerals where the emotional nature of the event can make it hard on singers to bring their A game howl to the performance. Personally I thought it wasn't that bad. First lines of the song were off but then it was pretty good and as a fan, I think there is value to rare performances like that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

 


Interesting. Sometimes I wonder if one’s mood affects the way they hear Axl’s voice on any particular day

Not sure. I was being sarcastic.

He sounds frighteningly bad, and the circumstances shouldn't take away from that. Nice of him to do, nice speech. But Jesus, sort your voice out. One of the more basic songs to sing as far as GN'R goes. 

Edited by AtlasShrugged
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Not sure. I was being sarcastic.

He sounds frighteningly bad, and the circumstances shouldn't take away from that. Nice of him to do, nice speech. But Jesus, sort your voice out. One of the more basic songs to sing as far as GN'R goes. 

I see you like to kick people when they are down. Nice touch of class by someone as yourself. Clearly no respect for the dead. 

There is a time and place for everything. This isn't the time nor the place.. 

Plenty of other threads to air your grievances..

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I see you like to kick people when they are down. Nice touch of class by someone as yourself. Clearly no respect for the dead. 

There is a time and place for everything. This isn't the time nor the place.. 

Plenty of other threads to air your grievances..

Axl didn't die?

It's not the place to pretend he sounds good, either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Axl didn't die?

It's not the place to pretend he sounds good, either. 

While I agree he didn't sound good. Moments of good overwhelmed by the majority of him sounding very frail. But it's beside the point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

how many stars out of five would you give this funeral performance? maybe he'll come more prepared and not be overly emotional for the next time he loses a friend so it doesn't lower the overall quality.

How many links do you want from the last tour where he sounds the same?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

how many stars out of five would you give this funeral performance? maybe he'll come more prepared and not be overly emotional for the next time he loses a friend so it doesn't lower the overall quality.

Except he sounds just as bad on any other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...