What is the story behind the Live Era '87 - '93 Music Video of Welcome To The Jungle?

has anybody information about the music video? Was it even released on TV? It has alot of unseen footages with Axl's red hand orthosis during Patience, YCBM (Las Vegas 92?), and some known scenes from St. Louis 91, Argentina 92 and Argentina 93.

Even unknown shots like this:
G3JdGLr.jpg

This is not from Argentina 93, because he wears a Blue bandana in Argentina! And Duff McKagan had early 1993 hair (bright blond long hair) and the venue must be small, like a arena. (Same camera setup like in Saskatoon 1993). It must be before the Skin N' Bones Tour. Maybe somebody can help me, which conert it is

back to the music video: I can't link the video because it's not official by GN'Rs YouTube channel

Some information apears on the beginning of the video
"Welcome To The Jungle" live
Earthquake Productions
Director: Jeff Richter
11/03/99

Would be cool to have more information about the Music Video

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 4

always liked the WTTJ Live Era music video. The fast paced editing, sometimes taking its cue from the drums makes some sections of it punishing and it did a good job framing the music with the '90's chaos and world events, the violence as well. I agree some aspects of it look cheap, but I still come back to it, it has its own vibe imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LunsJail said:

It was on MTV at the time and was a welcome sight amongst the sea of garbage that aired then.

Yeah, before Nirvana I think GNR changed the face of rock music back in 88. They were heavy rock and not like the previous hair bands. And they lived that life too.

I remember seeing it during a Headbanger's Ball and since Axl teased his hair up very high I thought it was another hair band, but not they weren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruttu69 said:

What the hell kind of question is that? You do understand that music videos used to play on television right?

I missed the MTV and Music on TV time because i was young. I have a bootleg with Music Videos from Mr. Brownstone and My Michelle (both from Director Mark Racco), It's So Easy, You Could Be Mine (without T2 scenes), Bad Apples (before it was even released on YT) and both Live Era Music Videos from WTTJ and It's So Easy. Some are wasn't on TV like Mark Raccos Videos. It's a valid question. Don't be a troublemaker.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jamillos said:

1999 surely was exciting. I mean, years of silence with no internet. And then suddenly: 

- End of Days containing Oh My God soundtrack, a brand new song! Didn't even know properly who was in the band back then. 

- Live Era, a great 2 CD of the old gang (didn't know about the studio/mixing shenanigans, wouldn't have cared anyway) 

- WTTJ video

- ISE video 

- Sweet Child O' Mine in a different version (Big Daddy or whatsitsname) 

- Axl giving interviews; news about the band, promises of things to come

(- And what we didn't know back then: constant major work on the CD material in the background) 

All this in one goddamn year. 

very exciting Post. So it means It's So Easy Live Era Music Video (Cathouse footage + Robert John photos) was on TV too? very Cool

I bought Live Era in 2004. I didn't had internet and i didn't knew about the recordings of new vocals and mixing.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 12:02 AM, jamillos said:

1999 surely was exciting. I mean, years of silence with no internet. And then suddenly: 

- End of Days containing Oh My God soundtrack, a brand new song! Didn't even know properly who was in the band back then. 

- Live Era, a great 2 CD of the old gang (didn't know about the studio/mixing shenanigans, wouldn't have cared anyway) 

- WTTJ video

- ISE video 

- Sweet Child O' Mine in a different version (Big Daddy or whatsitsname) 

- Axl giving interviews; news about the band, promises of things to come

(- And what we didn't know back then: constant major work on the CD material in the background) 

All this in one goddamn year. 

I was 15 in 1999 and really starting to get into GnR and I just ate all of that up.  It was very exciting indeed.  I spent a lot KD time on the GnR message boards in my mid to late teens.  It just felt like big things were coming.

I remember watching the debut of the live era WTTJ video on MTV.  It was really cool at the time since it was the first GNR video I ever seen premiered and Live Era was the first GnR album I ever got at launch.  

Just good memories 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:08 AM, janrichmond said:

I had no idea this video existed! I watched it muted  does it have the fake vocals?

‘Fake vocals’… 

On 2/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

The mod in question is a big Slash fan who wasn't following post-Slash era. So that just doesn't make someone 'noob'.

It’s a bad look… 

• Haha 1