SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package

• username changed the title to SOON IS THE WORD (again) - Nightrain-exclusive live cd coming EDIT: Live cd gets removed from standard package, only in premium package
8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

More live music to be released? That's cool :)

Too bad they make it impossible to buy stuff like that for a normal price. We can't buy the bluray dvd as is and now we can't buy this as is. I find it rather annoying.

Plus there's no way to know what's on there? Annoying too. (Sorry, maybe I'm having a half empty cup kind of day.)

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

You know this will push any chance of an album or 'new' single back at least a few years. TBs attitude will be "we just gave you a live album? Complaints, complaints, complaints"

Well, people here do complain all the time. Even when the band announces the release of a record of live music, people complain. I can't see any posts here in this thread from guys who are excited about this new release. It is like there are no actual fans of the band here. Just fans of complaining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Too bad they make it impossible to buy stuff like that for a normal price. We can't buy the bluray dvd as is and now we can't buy this as is. I find it rather annoying.

Plus there's no way to know what's on there? Annoying too. (Sorry, maybe I'm having a half empty cup kind of day.)

No, actually you're being completely rational and realistic about this. Hitting the nail right on the head. 

People can fool themselves into thinking this is somehow cool, but honestly it's insulting. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

I am sure you can find out what's on it before you buy, don't you think?

As for having to buy membership package, well, just consider it an expensive release. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

As for having to buy membership package, well, just consider it an expensive release. 

You do know that there are bands that have frequent and normally priced releases, right? 

Seriously dude, this is just grasping straws. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Still a bitch move to put the live cd in the more expensive package. I can just imagine fermanager in his 3 hour meeting: "how can we make it so that just a few people will purchase our new live music? oh yea, put it in the more expensive package".  and it's not like a live release is something we get quite often

Just now, username said:

You do know that there are bands that have frequent and normally priced releases, right? 

Seriously dude, this is just grasping straws. 

Yes. But I consider expensive hard-to-get releases better than no releases. So today is better than yesterday. Even if it isn't perfect.

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Still a bitch move to put the live cd in the more expensive package. I can just imagine fermanager in his 3 hour meeting: "how can we make it so that just a few people will purchase our new live music? oh yea, put it in the more expensive package".  and it's not like a live release is something we get quite often

Not many will shell out $89 for live music only. This product is CLEARLY for...special kinds of fans. If the product has a value outside of these fans, then most likely GN'R will at some point make it available also outside of Nightrain.

• Like 1

Yes. But I consider expensive hard-to-get releases better than no releases. So today is better than yesterday. Even if it isn't perfect.

I strongly disgree, but that's fair. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Actually, no. It's already listed in a package that is already on sale and being advertized as "limited edition". They even removed the "more info coming soon" line that you can still see in the first screenshot of the thread. It's no longer there in both other screenshots.

So it's a total unknown for now, limited edition and on sale. 

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Another problem is you never know when and/or if you will get your stuff.

I bet some people are still waiting on their GNAir stuff, which is still coming soon since 2018

https://store.flygnair.com/password

This too. It says standard items are due to start shipping in May (even though they are subject to change). But it doesn't say anything about the premium items, which includes the cd. 

Edited by username

1 minute ago, username said:

I strongly disgree, but that's fair. 

The mistake you make is continue to expect GN'R to behave like a normal band, and then you keep getting disappointed. If you lower your expectations sufficiently, then an overpriced live album that can only be acquired if you dirty yourself by buying into the stupid Nightrain fan club, is a positive surprise. 

3 minutes ago, username said:

Actually, no. It's already listed in a package that is already on sale and being advertized as "limited edition". They even removed the "more info coming soon" line that you can still see in the first screenshot of the thread. It's no longer there in both other screenshots.

So it's a total unknown for now, limited edition and on sale. 

Fo now, yes. But just wait then till the content is announced, either by GN'R or some other fan who buys it. That's what I meant.

The mistake you make is continue to expect GN'R to behave like a normal band, and then you keep getting disappointed. If you lower your expectations sufficiently, then an overpriced live album that can only be acquired if you dirty yourself by buying into the stupid Nightrain fan club, is a positive surprise. 

I don't expect that, nor am I actually disappointed by GnR anymore. I'm way past both of those points. I now only like to point out and make fun of their constant mistakes. I'm extremely interested in anything from before roughly 2010 and slightly interested in actual new material. But NITL live and the way the band operate are both pretty much a joke to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just accept the release guys. We are like the husband whose wife just spend all our money, and becoming fatter and fatter, and we just smile and glad were married.

Nah, I finally got a divorce when I saw the L&L boxset price. :lol: 

1 hour ago, username said:

LOL! 

GnR changed it so that the LIMITED EDITION NIGHTRAIN EXCLUSIVE live cd is only part of the premium package

Original screenshot: 

rcSTXeY.png 

Current screenshot: 

qxKBtXl.jpg 

"Surprise gift" if it's shagging nightrain pin, they know where they can stick it🤣

It's a really lame way to make fans buy a nightrain package... but the premium option does give you a bit of stuff, the standard option os pure crap

59 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, people here do complain all the time. Even when the band announces the release of a record of live music, people complain. I can't see any posts here in this thread from guys who are excited about this new release. It is like there are no actual fans of the band here. Just fans of complaining.

They complain because they want studio music not live. I can't see any posts here either from people who are excited for this and that's because nobody is. 

Of course there are fans of the band here but that doesn't mean we have to be excited by everything they do. It's not like this is Badsapplesforum