Oh My God Cover

Listen I know i'm setting myself up, but here goes. I cant sing, I am terrible guitar player but I enjoy writing and recording songs with my very limited skill set.

Normally it just for my own enjoyment, but in amongst what I have done, I did a cover version of Oh My God.

The song itself is one of the weakest GNR songs, and despite my limited skills I think I might actually prefer my version lol

Sound Cloud,  search my user name to find it...

Edited by JUDGESMF
  • Like 1

I like how you tried to create your own version and not just a straight up copy attempt. Good going 👍🏼
But I am getting some proper gothic vibes, not necessarily a bad thing my dude but I can’t get this image out my head… 😂

image.gif.c24ee2c8b820ba1bc23abca74e77cc4c.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Sweersa said:

Oh My God grew on me. I really liked the leaked version with updated guitars. The Bucket parts during the chorus is amazing. I hope they kept that on an eventual official release, or a better mixed Bucket version leaks. 

Had the potential to be a great song. I do like it, a lot. I just feel it wasn't finished off. Totally agree with you. 

14 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Had the potential to be a great song. I do like it, a lot. I just feel it wasn't finished off. Totally agree with you. 

Axl has said it was a demo, so it makes sense too that the released (1999) version is lacking. 

Always tough to do a cover. I think you have lost a lot of the momentum of the original, it is not my favourite but the original has a proper drive to it. Also the melody you have chosen is very samey and there isn't much to differentiate the sections of the song.

1 hour ago, JUDGESMF said:

And it was going so well :lol: in fairness I wasn't lining it up to be anything great :P

Yeah that msg was a bit brutal lol sorry about that

4 hours ago, JUDGESMF said:

Maybe I misread the situation, Personally I felt OMG was a week production, maybe it was rushed out for the film ? There is a good song there, I Just didn't think it came across that well.

Oh the production is terrible. It's like a brick wall, with no diversity in the mix at all. I like the song but better production could improve it a hell of a lot.

On the plus side for the song, at the time it was the first release in about 5 years from the band and we were all excited about it after waiting SO long....

Little did we know........

Twice!

Edited by JUDGESMF

21 hours ago, D4NNY said:

New theory, this is Axls new account as he forgot the password for the “Dexter” account. This is secretly the next gnr single and he’s looking for peoples opinions :axl:

Your theory would make sense if Judges joined like yesterday and posted this thread as his very first thread, but.... Judges has been here for 18 years, and has 211 posts, so  definitely not Axl's new Account. 💡

Edited by Karice

27 minutes ago, Karice said:

Your theory would make sense if Judges joined like yesterday and posted this thread as his very first thread, but.... Judges has been here for 18 years, and has 211 posts, so  definitely not Axl's new Account. 💡

It was a nothing more than a bad joke… but good investigating 👍🏼

1 minute ago, D4NNY said:

It was a nothing more than a bad joke… but good investigating 👍🏼

I didn't know you were joking. I thought you legitimately thought that Judges could actually be Axl's new Account. Makes sense you were just joking. 💡

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

I didn't know you were joking. I thought you legitimately thought that Judges could actually be Axl's new Account. Makes sense you were just joking. 💡

Well I mean I last posted in 2006 and only recently came back so you know I might of been busy :lol:.

:axl:

4 minutes ago, JUDGESMF said:

Well I mean I last posted in 2006 and only recently came back so you know I might of been busy :lol:.

:axl:

It would be beyond funny if you actually were Axl. 🤣 I remember posting on this very Website something like,"How do we know Axl isn't a Poster on here, just acting like he's just another Axl/Guns N'Roses Fan, and Posters responded something like,"Wait a minute Karice. How do we know YOU aren't Axl?" 🧐🤔 Another Poster responded something like,"Karice/Axl, what the hell you doing posting on MyGNR? You're supposed to be doing a show in Brazil right now! Get to the show prompto!" 🤣

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

It would be beyond funny if you actually were Axl. 🤣 I remember posting on this very Website something like,"How do we know Axl isn't a Poster on here, just acting like he's just another Axl/Guns N'Roses Fan, and Posters responded something like,"Wait a minute Karice. How do we know YOU aren't Axl?" 🧐🤔 Another Poster responded something like,"Karice/Axl, what the hell you doing posting on MyGNR? You're supposed to be doing a show in Brazil right now! Get to the show prompto!" 🤣

Yeah I was late for that one :slash: