Who is gonna be the singer for ACDC when they play Power Trip this year ?

oldnews

On 3/31/2023 at 10:26 AM, DeNfr said:

spoiler : their singer Brian Johnson

Exactly. Brian is back!

Axl is with GNR.

I know I hightly doubt there will ever be another singer for Linkin Park. Chester was one of a kind. So sad that he's gone. I met him and he was so nice and cool. Another loss that should never have happened.

A fan of Brian but it's true.. when they announced the show.. it's one thing to do studio vocals... but on stage, Brian is spent. Did no one see the Taylor hawkins benefit show lol?? The guy was out of breathe an puffed out for 1 song.. and had to wave over an call the darkness singer back on stage to co sing the parts with him.

If Brian can't not sure why the show was booked.. axl was a great stand in, but that was then, he is shot now himself. Hate to see acdc with yet another new singer..

It's Brian or nothing this time around

Edited by bumcheecksmcghee
  • Like 1

An event like this is the perfect gig for Brian at this stage in my opinion. Co-headlining is a good excuse to trim the set down. Instead of the two hours that they would generally do with Brian they can do 90 minutes. Brian was winded at Hawkins but he'll know that going in this time. The preparation will be completely different than a little one off like that.

I fully expect that the band will tune a full step down as was done for the Hawkins gig, and he'll sound as good as a nearly deaf Brian Johnson at 75/76 is bound to sound.

Side note - I also giggle at the idea of Angus Young playing in D Standard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 9:19 AM, wendirosez said:

@SweersaI love that you , @We love Axl Rose and i are so hopeful :lol: about this.

It’s one thing to be hopeful, but it’s not a realistic possibility. AC/DC does not do guest performers, plain and simple. In their 50 year history they’ve never once had somebody guest with them even for a song. It’s the five guys currently in the band onstage, and that’s it. 

That said, it’s much more likely to see Angus and/or Brian guest with somebody else on the festival (like GN’R). Angus has obviously guested with GN’R on a few occasions since 2016. Angus and Malcolm also guested with The Rolling Stones a few times in 2003 to do BB King’s Rock Me Baby. Brian has regularly guested with various artists over the years. Bon, Angus, and Malcolm also guested with Cheap Trick in 1979 to do Johnny B Goode. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

It’s one thing to be hopeful, but it’s not a realistic possibility. AC/DC does not do guest performers, plain and simple. In their 50 year history they’ve never once had somebody guest with them even for a song. It’s the five guys currently in the band onstage, and that’s it. 

That said, it’s much more likely to see Angus and/or Brian guest with somebody else on the festival (like GN’R). Angus has obviously guested with GN’R on a few occasions since 2016. Angus and Malcolm also guested with The Rolling Stones a few times in 2003 to do BB King’s Rock Me Baby. Brian has regularly guested with various artists over the years. Bon, Angus, and Malcolm also guested with Cheap Trick in 1979 to do Johnny B Goode. 

That's not quite true. Steve Tyler guested with them at the Rock hall of fame. But as far as I know, that is the exception. Maybe Axl is also an exception given he toured with them... maybe he'd like to iron out any bad feelings IF there are some with Brian or vice versa. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That's not quite true. Steve Tyler guested with them at the Rock hall of fame. But as far as I know, that is the exception. Maybe Axl is also an exception given he toured with them... maybe he'd like to iron out any bad feelings IF there are some with Brian or vice versa. 

Fair enough on that one - I was talking more a full concert, not an awards show mini set. But you’re right that is the lone exception. 

• Like 1

We got a whole tour with Axl and AC/DC. It ended up being awesome, but it wasn’t “right”. That is Brian’s rightful spot. 2016 was an eternity ago and Axl’s vocal swan song

The setlists were fucking stellar, I will say that. Fucking Live Wire :drool: 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, ZoSoRose said:

We got a whole tour with Axl and AC/DC. It ended up being awesome, but it wasn’t “right”. That is Brian’s rightful spot. 2016 was an eternity ago and Axl’s vocal swan song

The setlists were fucking stellar, I will say that. Fucking Live Wire :drool: 

Best vocals I’ve ever seen in person from Axl. 2010 doesn’t hold a candle. 

• Like 1

I don't think that the fans could swallow any other lead singer than Brian. Which is fine because he was on most of their albums. However, I still believe that they should use another singer (or at least a co-lead singer) for their concerts now. Brian can still sing in the studio.

On 5/5/2023 at 11:44 PM, Sosso said:

I don't think that the fans could swallow any other lead singer than Brian. Which is fine because he was on most of their albums. However, I still believe that they should use another singer (or at least a co-lead singer) for their concerts now. Brian can still sing in the studio.

I love how some of us are okay with  Brian can still  sing of course  but only  in the studio haha¬!

1 hour ago, wendirosez said:

I love how some of us are okay with  Brian can still  sing of course  but only  in the studio haha¬!

Have you seen him with Dave Grohl? Poor bloke could never do a whole gig in that condition.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Have you seen him with Dave Grohl? Poor bloke could never do a whole gig in that condition.

Absolutely zero chance of that because i don't like Grohl. Brian should let people help. I wish Axl to be that help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has noticed but this will be first time for the Rock or Bust line-up (Angus, Stevie, Brian, Cliff, Phil) to performe live. They had Axl and Chris as temporary replacements in the past.