Neural Amp Modeler - a free and awesome plugin

Did anyone catch this Neural Amp Modeler? It's a pretty good and free (and open source) plugin, and as far as I've been hearing on YouTube channels, even more accurate than stuff like Neural DSP Quad Cortex or Kemper (I cant confirm, though).

The NAM plugin can be downloaded here and works fine with Mac or Windows both as standalone or VST plugin.

Downloaded the Slash's Marshall JCM 800 tone and cabinet IR's and patch from Alexander Ribakov on this Facebook Community page.

For this recording I used my old iRig (gen1) as the interface and my Gibson LP Studio. The NAM plugin currently is not supported in Garage Band, so I had to use Ableton Live (Lite) and then mix with the backing track on Garage Band, where I used some reverb and a tiny bit of EQ.

I tried this hope it's ok to post it here. There's a full SCOM cover using NAM on my channel too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Keep meaning to try this out but time is limited at the moment and there are many projects that need my attention! I have heard great things about it though and I am watching with interest... Sweet playing as ever dude!

Thanks man.

Give it a try. I think it's rather impressive, especially being free. It's still in early days I guess, but it's getting a lot of attention.

• 4 weeks later...