06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

Hopefully not an Axl warm up. As last time they played Abu Dhabi (F1 concert) they cut the show early due to Axl’s illness. Nov Rain last song. A lot of people miffed as they bought weekend tickets just to see the band and had no interest in Formula 1

Edited by LA_0013

7 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Hopefully not an Axl warm up. As last time they played Abu Dhabi (F1 concert) they cut the show early due to Axl’s illness. Nov Rain last song. A lot of people miffed as they bought weekend tickets just to see the band and had no interest in Formula 1

they just put a video out with rehearsal footage and axl was there so they have rehearsed already

2 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

I live in Abu Dhabi. Still haven’t bought a ticket as not convinced I want to see the same show again. If I do go I’ll post updates.

For what it’s worth, show pretty much sold out. A lot of tickets for sale on the secondary market  - touts snapped up multiple tickets to make a quick buck but now selling them at/below face value ahead of the show to recoup their money. But most struggling as the venue pretty much hit the sweet spot of demand with no excess 

I'm waiting to see this .. I live in New York so close to the show in August. I'll make a decision once I see how it's all playing out.

If I were you I'd go if you can get a decent deal. First night of the tour so impossible to know if it'll be different. If it is you'll kick yourself.

I am not expecting it to be majorly different.. really wouldn't surprise me. But I also think, surely they have to mix it up at this stage for their own sake. 

35 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

There's a leak of it on the deep web

If so post a link or pm people otherwise nobody is going to believe you I could say. "OMG, the general, soul monster & going down have all been soundchecked and it's all on the deep web" 

If I did that I'd probably get everyone on this fourm + their pets wanting me dead for lying and getting everyone's hopes up. 

So you have given proof now for the evidence then explain that it's definitely not from Mexico 2020. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

If so post a link or pm people otherwise nobody is going to believe you I could say. "OMG, the general, soul monster & going down have all been soundchecked and it's all on the deep web" 

If I did that I'd probably get everyone on this fourm + their pets wanting me dead for lying and getting everyone's hopes up. 

So you have given proof now for the evidence then explain that it's definitely not from Mexico 2020. 

The deep web comment was just a joke for some of us old timers. Regarding it being played today at soundcheck, trust me bro lol

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

The deep web comment was just a joke for some of us old timers. Regarding it being played today at soundcheck, trust me bro lol

Did any new songs get soundchecked too or any other deep cuts 

My sources say that anything goes & my world were also soundchecked any truth to them too. Cheers. 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Calling it now, band comes on and opens with... ISE, Brownstone etc. 

Usual set with nothing new. 

Before you know it they'll be starting PC and the forum goes into meltdown :lol:

I think the days of the forum going into meltdown expecting the band to do something exciting are long gone. It's not 2018 anymore.

Anybody not expecting same shit  different day from this band in 2023 must have a learning disability.

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Did any new songs get soundchecked too or any other deep cuts 

My sources say that anything goes & my world were also soundchecked any truth to them too. Cheers. 

I'm not sure, I hope so though!

• GNFNR 1