06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

Bad Obsession was fun.

Axl is in a losing proposition, because the songs he can sing in his more natural voice are much better, but people view castrati-Axl as an integral part of the GN'R experience. He can't come in and sing 'You Could Be Mine' in his natural voice, or else people will sue him - almost like how Neil Young got sued by Geffen for his infatuation with early techno. Nobody wants to get sued, so we get the voice that sounds like the sexual predator from Family Guy. Such is life.

It's nice to see them playing some classic GNR tunes with Axl singing in his natural voice. That's the good part. Love Slash's playing on them as well.

But... no "new" songs. Nothing.

If they start playing more classic tunes this tour will become interesting nonetheless. I might even change my mind and buy some tickets (I didn't want to anymore).

On 6/3/2023 at 12:14 AM, jamillos said:

Tbh I don't blame Slash for winging CD songs. Never have, never will. I mean, why wouldn't he. He's a SCOM set to stone icon, and that's what it's all about. And I think he's basically showing it in his typical cool way: yeah I'm gonna play it, but Imma do it my way, not bothering with learning the stuff so closely (cause why would I, this is not Welcome to the Jungle, which we wrote), and while I respect the Ax man, I still prefer the real GNR stuff, obviously. So here you go, take it or leave it.

This is no irony, I like him for not catering to whatever the BS may be going on behind the curtain (with an almost unnoticeable small "TB" logo sewed on it), at least in this sphere.

Sorry, hangover...

I feel the same way. He's Slash, he can do whatever he wants.

On 6/3/2023 at 7:17 AM, B5Redeye said:

I watched a lot of the videos. Is it just me being the optimist or does it seem like Acl has put in some work in the off-season? To me he sounds much better.

Yes definitely, hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

If it's possible, I'd definitely say it's likely. However, remember when he walked with a cane - I'd suggest it's probably more related to that. A lot of athletes are seeing great results with stem cell treatment. Who knows, it might be both. It isn't uncommon for athletes to have treatment on several joints.

Yeah, i think to Axl is a bit hard 3 hs shows a 61 years old, not many bands playing almost 3 hs of shows, he move much too. You right about it athletes analogy.

17 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Those Trousers are terrible

No, the ones he has been wearing the recent years were horrible. Because they were not tight nor slim, they were SMALL for him. He wasn't wearing his size. These ones can be flashy as hell but at least they're his size and he doesn't look like Dr Eggman Robotnick anymore

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2023 at 11:22 PM, Majestic Beast said:

Absurd is a piece of shit song live,i would prefer another cover from ac/dc than listen this industrial crappy song.

When CD came out and I found out about the earlier Chinese performances like Rio, hearing Silkworms originally I hated it and was like WTF I'm glad it's not on the album but I've grown to like it over the years. I suppose it's not the greatest GNR song in the world but it's quite an interesting industrial song if you don't mind that stuff. No one can deny axl puts a good performance in live too, right in his comfortable singing range.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...