Any Motörhead fans here?

Cosmo

It's been years since I stopped to listen to any Motörhead, and I randomly did it last week, now I'm revisiting all their albums and the live concerts films. Anyone else a fan here? I'm a big fan. Unfortunately I never got to see them live, despite having had the chance to see them 2 times and choosing (very wrongly) not to go, during the Kiss of Death tour and a Rock in Rio appearance.

So, for those who like the band, what are your favourite albums/songs?

I am particularly a huge fan of 90s Motörhead so my favourite albums list would be like:

1. Overnight Sensation
  2. Sacrifice
  3. Bastards
  4. Ace of Spades
  5. Another Perfect Day 
  6. Orgasmatron
  7. Aftershock
  8. Inferno
  9. The World is Yours
  10. Motorizer

As for songs, my favourite are:

• Overkill (especially the Mikkey/Phil/Lemmy studio version)
  • Sacrifice
  • Orgasmatron
  • Deaf Forever
  • Ace of Spades
  • The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
  • Overnight Sensation
  • Listen To Your Heart
  • Capricorn
  • Killers
  • Love For Sale
  • Snake Bite Love
  • Whorehouse Blues
  • Lost In The Ozone
  • Walk A Crooked Mile
  • English Rose
  • Dust And Glass
  • Devils In My Head

What about you?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Duff played Killed By Death with Motörhead at a festival once. I've been a fan ever since.

Have you heard Phil Campbell And The Bastard Sons?

Never heard 'em! Gonna google 'em, thanks! Matt also filled in for Mikkey Dee for a couple of shows in the 2000s, if I'm not mistaken. Hell of a duty, considering Mikkey is a total monster on the drums.

Love Motörhead. Lucky I got to see them I think five or six times. Highlight was when I won a spot on the Motörboat in 2015 - got to see them twice on that, and they ended up being some of the last Motörhead shows. The band did a meet & greet on the cruise also, and it was really great just to be able to thank Lemmy for all the great music however brief it was. 

I'm not gonna pick favorite songs or albums, but I will say one which I think is severely overlooked is Inferno. There's some great tunes on that album, and it's one of their heaviest efforts. In The Name Of Tragedy is probably the song that got me hooked on Motörhead. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Love Motörhead. Lucky I got to see them I think five or six times. Highlight was when I won a spot on the Motörboat in 2015 - got to see them twice on that, and they ended up being some of the last Motörhead shows. The band did a meet & greet on the cruise also, and it was really great just to be able to thank Lemmy for all the great music however brief it was. 

I'm not gonna pick favorite songs or albums, but I will say one which I think is severely overlooked is Inferno. There's some great tunes on that album, and it's one of their heaviest efforts. In The Name Of Tragedy is probably the song that got me hooked on Motörhead. 

Inferno was the record that got me into Motorhead too. If I had to pick one song off that album that I was definitely hooked into it'd be Killers. But I also loved Suicide.

• Thanks 1

Love Motörhead and was lucky to catch them 8/9 times over the years. The album I’ve spun by them the most over the years has to be the debut. They were such a killer band live. I picked up the Live in Heilbronn RSD release this year and much as I love Philthy & Mikkey I have a fondness for the Pete Gill era, it was a bit more chaotic live. 

There’s a little part of me that’s still in disbelief there’s a world without Motörhead in it. I’d love to catch Phil & The Bastard Sons but no gigs came my way yet.

@Powerage5 really cool you got to meet Lemmy. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Wow, the debut must be one of the albums I've listened to the least, after Bad Magic and March or Die, probably.

Its a different sounding Motörhead on the debut, it’s almost a punk album. Lost Johnny, Vibrator, Motörhead, Iron Horse, a scorching version of Train Kept a Rollin… There’s some great stuff on there. “Motörhead” werent really born in my opinion until Overkill when Eddie & Phil started writing the stuff with Lemmy. I don’t think they wrote much of anything on the Motörhead record. 

Motorhead were absolutely the loudest band I saw live, My Bloody Valentine a close second. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

For anyone who didn’t pick up a copy of this live in Heilbronn RSD release, I highly recommend it. 

This gig from Madrid is part of the lost tapes series also, and has this killer rare version of Silver Machine, a tune Motörhead didn’t perform too often.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2