Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

15 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Do we have any info regarding Axls 2023 session with that guitar player Schenker??? It was supposed to be a cover?

Michael Schenker is apparently working on a solo album and the rumors are that this is what he was doing in studio but who knows. Pretty sure we haven’t heard anything recorded by Axl later than Rock the Rock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Michael Schenker is apparently working on a solo album and the rumors are that this is what he was doing in studio but who knows. Pretty sure we haven’t heard anything recorded by Axl later than Rock the Rock. 

We don't know if Monsters and The General has any new Axl recording/overdub.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

We don't know if Monsters and The General has any new Axl recording/overdub.

Yes, I totally understand and agree. I’m just going off the other three songs that all have seem to have the identical vocal tracks as the Village Leaks. If he couldn’t be bothered to add a second verse to the officially released Absurd I doubt he’s added anything significant since 2006 when CD was done prior to Bumblefoot’s additions.

Of course, I would be happy to be proven wrong!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Yes, I totally understand and agree. I’m just going off the other three songs that all have seem to have the identical vocal tracks as the Village Leaks. If he couldn’t be bothered to add a second verse to the officially released Absurd I doubt he’s added anything significant since 2006 when CD was done prior to Bumblefoot’s additions.

Of course, I would be happy to be proven wrong!

I get that and I agree, but it's just that we don't know for sure. And maybe the fact that both songs were not part of the Village batch means that it would still need some overdubs by 2020-ish. It's not safe to assume anything until we have access to some demo from pre-NITL era.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Not sure how old you are, but the older guy may have looked like (meaning: $$$) he would be the target costumer for the company hahaha

Maybe so (because I am a little younger) but it's not like going to your corner guitar shop, this is the NAMM store where people of all ages are around and trying out gear. I mean Friedman, Bad Cat, and some other amp brands like that are also more expensive but they encouraged us to come play the amps. The Magnatone guy was just being a douche.

9 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

@Voodoochild Is correct, no way the photoshoot was for Magnatone. If so, he would appear with his 'for eternity' friend Les Paul.

Maybe we'll get a single soon then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

But if I recall correctly, theres a picture of them in the studio…

Michael Schenkers producer confirmed that Axl was in the studio but if I’m not confusing anything it was never confirmed that they recorded a cover. 

11 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Here he is talking about VR 20:30 mark. Kelly is badass. Not a generic LA singer at all 

The 3 songs he is talking about will probably be the one's worked on by a bunch of singers, they are out there under the names, All Thing Considered, Better Believe It, & Lay me Down. Although other versions of the same songs but under different names exist too. The easiest versions to find have a singer on called Dirty D. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Really? I didn't know they released a studio recording.

It was never released besides ending credits for Stuntman movie, there is a 2:30 long version on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/t5vYlafqHbY?si=_V6kFUSZnKb-thtl

Hopefully it will be included in Slash's new album / next SMKC record. It sounds better than all SMKC songs, especially vocals. Clink did some magic. Neither Baskette or Cobb were even close to that imo.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

This is the instrumental of the song Slash did for that popstar who is going to sing on this album in return. Recorded on the road last gnr tour (Netherlands i think) I'm not saying it as a joke but the drums have clipping 

will remove the link later  if not allowed

https://mega.nz/file/1O9EQBoS#omatNamgcv9txPRw_rIQcYUc7-Kcl4GprmR6Xt7uQ7Y

• Like 1