Jump to content

Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

full setlist from the first 2 shows

 

1. Parchman Farm Blues

2. Killing floor

3. Oh well

4. Big Legged Woman

5. Hoochie Coochie man

6. Born Under A Bad Sign

7. Papa Was A Rolling Stone

8. Stormy Monday

9. The Pusher

10. Metal Chestnut

11. Crossroads

12. Cradle Rock

13. Stone Free

Encore

14. Key To The Highway

15. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry

16. Shake Your Money Maker

 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash/2024/kettlehouse-amphitheater-bonner-mt-43abc787.html

 

i think it was the same set for Saturday's show Except Myles Kennedy joined for Crossroads 

This wasn't the same order that they played tonight, but for people wondering how the vocals are split...

 

1. Parchman Farm Blues TEDDY

2. Killing floor TASH

3. Oh well TASH

4. Big Legged Woman TASH

5. Hoochie Coochie man TEDDY

6. Born Under A Bad Sign TEDDY

7. Papa Was A Rolling Stone TASH

8. Stormy Monday TEDDY

9. The Pusher TEDDY

10. Metal Chestnut

11. Crossroads TASH

12. Cradle Rock [not played tonight]

13. Stone Free TASH

Encore

14. Key To The Highway TEDDY

15. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry TEDDY

16. Shake Your Money Maker TEDDY 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, apeekevo said:

That show was so good!  I know teddy isn’t everyone’s favorite (I actually like it better than Miles) but I agree with the post above - even if not a fan of Teddy, the band is on fire!!

For anyone who has the chance to buy the soundcheck package - it is WELL worth it…about 40 people total were there today and the entire band jammed and worked out stuff (including with Warren) for 45 minutes! Slash was very relaxed and happy to chat with us a bit. Just awesome.

Samantha and Eric were great with tight 30 minute sets each. Slash came out and played with Eric for one song and they played off each other well.

It was an absolute blast. Slash played for 1:45 - Duff was really into it and watched almost the whole show. If you love guitar, this show was amazing.

 

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

First of all, anyone doubting whether to go to this tour: go! Teddy's not great but the band more than makes up for it. 

Stone Free was incredible, Slash and Michael went the fuck off for the last several minutes, it was fantastic. As Slash introduced him, "one of the best drummers I've ever played with", he was stellar all night. 

Warren Haynes joined for Big Legged Woman which was awesome, I'll post a video of that soon. The venue was cool, it holds 5000 people and it's a nice set up in a park.

Duff and Susan were at the side of the stage all night, so was Jamie Douglass, the drummer for Samantha Fish, who's also Shooter Jennings drummer and toured with Duff for Tenderness.

 

Great to read that. Seems like no jam after the show? Maybe when the tour goes on. It’s as well something I’m looking forward. Thanks for Big Legged Woman. That was awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

 

Great to read that. Seems like no jam after the show? Maybe when the tour goes on. It’s as well something I’m looking forward. Thanks for Big Legged Woman. That was awesome. 

I kind of like the randomness of it.. I mean Warren still came out and jammed with Slash in the middle of the show.. Slash has been doing random appearances with the opening bands. Seems a bit more exciting that way when you aren't expecting it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This wasn't the same order that they played tonight, but for people wondering how the vocals are split...

 

1. Parchman Farm Blues TEDDY

2. Killing floor TASH

3. Oh well TASH

4. Big Legged Woman TASH

5. Hoochie Coochie man TEDDY

6. Born Under A Bad Sign TEDDY

7. Papa Was A Rolling Stone TASH

8. Stormy Monday TEDDY

9. The Pusher TEDDY

10. Metal Chestnut

11. Crossroads TASH

12. Cradle Rock [not played tonight]

13. Stone Free TASH

Encore

14. Key To The Highway TEDDY

15. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry TEDDY

16. Shake Your Money Maker TEDDY 

Thanks for this. Very relieved to see Tash is singing Stone Free. that is going to be sick. "My Babe" from that East Street records show was great too.  I don't think they have played "Living for the City" yet either which should be great. The more songs with Tash the better! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I kind of like the randomness of it.. I mean Warren still came out and jammed with Slash in the middle of the show.. Slash has been doing random appearances with the opening bands. Seems a bit more exciting that way when you aren't expecting it. 

100% this, but having after the show additionally all of them jamming together would still be a highlight 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, apeekevo said:

That show was so good!  I know teddy isn’t everyone’s favorite (I actually like it better than Miles) but I agree with the post above - even if not a fan of Teddy, the band is on fire!!

For anyone who has the chance to buy the soundcheck package - it is WELL worth it…about 40 people total were there today and the entire band jammed and worked out stuff (including with Warren) for 45 minutes! Slash was very relaxed and happy to chat with us a bit. Just awesome.

Samantha and Eric were great with tight 30 minute sets each. Slash came out and played with Eric for one song and they played off each other well.

It was an absolute blast. Slash played for 1:45 - Duff was really into it and watched almost the whole show. If you love guitar, this show was amazing.

 

 

 

Think I’ll do the soundcheck! Do you think there’d be a chance he’d sign my guitar if I brought it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I really enjoyed the show, but the one thing that took away from it was that some fat guy managed to get up onstage and start yelling into the mic, and the security did nothing for the entire show.

 

Teddy's a bar-band singer, but the band is so good that he doesn't ruin it. He's passable on most of the songs, I thought The Pusher was easily the weakest song of the night because of him, but the show overall was still great.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Think I’ll do the soundcheck! Do you think there’d be a chance he’d sign my guitar if I brought it?

I was thinking similar thoughts :)

Truthfully? 0.0% unless you get stupid lucky running into someone outside of the VIP. They send emails stating nothing will be allowed in for signature - and it is made clear right before they bring you in - it seems to be a very well run VIP machine (thankfully for experience) but Slash was gone as soon as the music stopped with nary a pick thrown and a quick thanks/wave - ZERO complaints, even as much as I wanted a pick guard signed for my guitar…but it is very intimate and asking for sig while the band is actually working on sound check and jam ideas would have been pretty uncomfortable. Hope that helps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Teddy's a bar-band singer, but the band is so good that he doesn't ruin it. He's passable on most of the songs, I thought The Pusher was easily the weakest song of the night because of him, but the show overall was still great.

I really loved him back at the original Blues Ball ran, his vocals were more "rough" and true to the blues sound (as far as I can remember, from all the bootlegs), so I was really happy to hear about the album and tour but, yeah.. his singing now is the weak link of the show :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Teddy's a bar-band singer, but the band is so good that he doesn't ruin it. He's passable on most of the songs, I thought The Pusher was easily the weakest song of the night because of him, but the show overall was still great.

That is a shame because I love all versions of the Pusher and was excited to see it live.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, izzyjim said:

I really loved him back at the original Blues Ball ran, his vocals were more "rough" and true to the blues sound (as far as I can remember, from all the bootlegs), so I was really happy to hear about the album and tour but, yeah.. his singing now is the weak link of the show :/

I never liked him on those.. I remember my cousin telling me he stumbled upon those vids once and couldn't even finish one due to the singer.  If Tash wasn't singing a chunk of songs I would probably opt out of this thing, 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...