Axl has his own Website now

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But it wasn't "all his material and ideas". Brain and Josh and Robin and Dizzy and Bucket, etc, came up with a lot of those ideas. Just compare Sorry from Village Leaks to the final version or Shackler's. They were the same songs before Axl had any input (as far as we know). If Axl had written then songs with input from session musicians, then yes, it would be a solo effort. But this was the case of band members all bringing in ideas for songs in a collaborative environment. And yes, Axl eventually had the final say, but that is also not that different from many other bands.

could be seen as Axl's solo band, doesn't mean it was Gn'R, just because totally different players were also involved in the creative process imo.

it's like when David Lee Roth formed the DLR band with Steve Vai and other talented musicians who had creative input. it wasn't Van Halen. it's just that Axl got the rights to the Gn'R name as I see it and tried to kinda recreate the Gn'R sound with Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

Books, in particular biographies, that are getting released for the key end of year/Christmas market tend to get launched around this time of year.  

Live Nation's involvement also gives creedence to the book theory when considering the corresponding interview/spoken world tours that Bono, Bruce Dickinson, Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl have all done in recent years.

The counter argument is that I can't imagine Axl Rose ever signing up for something like that. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

could be seen as Axl's solo band, doesn't mean it was Gn'R, just because totally different players were also involved in the creative process imo.

I never consider a band that is not mainly a solo effort to be a solo band. If it is collaborative effort where more than one person is heavily involved in the creative process, then I consider it a band effort and it is not a solo thingy.

So Slash 2010 album was a solo effort (with brought in musicians), the Conspirators thing is a band effort. Chinese Democracy was a band effort, not one person doing 80% of the work.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Books, in particular biographies, that are getting released for the key end of year/Christmas market tend to get launched around this time of year.  

Live Nation's involvement also gives creedence to the book theory when considering the corresponding interview/spoken world tours that Bono, Bruce Dickinson, Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl have all done in recent years.

The counter argument is that I can't imagine Axl Rose ever signing up for something like that. 

Maybe Axl's book of rants or something where they transcribe his stage rants with some sort of introductory chapter but I can see him doing an authorized biography.

Axl: But it is tough. Because I haven't figured out how to word things in a way that doesn't just look like I am being negative to everyone else or calling them a liar. You know, those were the first- Slash and I hadn't talked in 19 years and when we did talk I was like: "dude you wrote about stuff that didn’t even happen. It's just, not real."

15 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Now, I’m dreaming but could you imagine an Axl Rose solo tour with small club shows? 

Just having him out on stage, either for a book tour or a small piano focused concert tour for example would be incredible. 

I am really hoping for an autobiography. Tell us where you were during the wilderness years and what made you go that route.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Logical step at this point in his life and career to capitalize on his brand. Duff and Slash have already done this. Axl finally caught up. 

Now, I’m dreaming but could you imagine an Axl Rose solo tour with small club shows? 

This, with him doing songs from uyi and cd + Elton John, some movie tracks like Gran Torino in 2011/12, and Layla by Derek & the Dominos. dream on maybe. Would be awesome 

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I know I'm daydreaming, but some residency shows with Axl singing and surprise guest Izzy playing guitar would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen a few people getting stuck on this "quote" on the first few pages of this thread. If you load the website on a mobile device, it appears to me that it might be possibly a title to something, like a song or book. 

zmrzmBi.jpeg

Edited by VeeR
  • Like 1

The creation of this website, has nothing to do with releasing any music from the past. Universal Music via the Geffen Label own the music created by Guns N Roses including the CD era material.  Universal Music poured millions in the CD era material and unless they have sold the rights to that material, you aren't going to get anyone else releasing that material apart from Universal Music themselves. 

Live Nation aren't a record label, their core business is promoting live entertainment. 

It's possible, Live Nation and Axl have formed a business relationship to promote Axl Rose himself and at some point possibly sell tickets via Ticketmaster owned by Live Nation. 

Live Nation do have a marketing division and possibly that's what is happening in relation to the creation of this website.

I am sure Axl is still personally managed by Team Brazil, as Team Brazil aren't a marketing business or in the business of selling tickets. They are a management company. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

The creation of this website, has nothing to do with releasing any music from the past. Universal Music via the Geffen Label own the music created by Guns N Roses including the CD era material.  Universal Music poured millions in the CD era material and unless they have sold the rights to that material, you aren't going to get anyone else releasing that material apart from Universal Music themselves. 

You keep saying this, but as I have pointed out to you before, there's indication that Axl has bought the rights to the CD era material.

(I know It's probably pointless to respond to any of your posts as I reckon that, like you always do, you'll once again ignore it and just keep saying your thing without engaging into a conversation).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I really think it could be about his tequila brand or something like that, and maybe he'll do some promo.

I don't like tequila but I'd buy one bottle of axl's one..

1 hour ago, GNRmello77 said:

This, with him doing songs from uyi and cd + Elton John, some movie tracks like Gran Torino in 2011/12, and Layla by Derek & the Dominos. dream on maybe. Would be awesome 

don't forget rock the rock :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I would not expect a book. It seems so out of touch with Axl's desire for (relative) privacy when he's not playing shows. And while I know Baz mentioned Axl having written a book, I felt Axl's comments in the chats back in 2008 suggested that it would be more along the lines of a comprehensive detailing of what Axl saw as the downfall of the "classic" band. I doubt it would be wise to release that in 2024. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I would not expect a book. It seems so out of touch with Axl's desire for (relative) privacy when he's not playing shows. And while I know Baz mentioned Axl having written a book, I felt Axl's comments in the chats back in 2008 suggested that it would be more along the lines of a comprehensive detailing of what Axl saw as the downfall of the "classic" band. I doubt it would be wise to release that in 2024. 

He was probably wise to never release it at any time tbh, sometimes it's better to just not talk.

In other news, this site probably means nothing new. Maybe just some initiative over at LN to get personal sites for big name stars? Who knows, it certainly looks AI-driven so far.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

Yep! The world throws out a single breadcrumb about something/anything that could possibly be GNR related, on a very minor scale, and this site creates 500 pages to discuss.

Remember the Spotify "algorithms" and the album that HAD to be right around the corner ?

Now, we have an Axl Rose poorly constructed website, that could be real...or fake, and we are thinking its a lead to a solo album or an autobiography!

My joke wasn't about this forum, I was making a joke about a "News" section on Axl's website lmao 

• Like 1