Guns N' Roses to return to the road in 2025

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Looking forward to hearing Atlas and Monsters in 2025

Why does everyone always say that atlas is definitely next. I've never heard any evidence for atlas being next other than that it is very likely because it leaked.

Imo it's just as likely that zodiac is released next.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Why does everyone always say that atlas is definitely next. I've never heard any evidence for atlas being next other than that it is very likely because it leaked.

Imo it's just as likely that zodiac is released next.

Of the locker leaks, Atlas is the only other remaining song that sounded mostly finished. Stuff like State of Grace, Nothing, etc. just sounded like sketches.

And yes, I know some people claim that Axl did vocals for stuff like Seven or whatever, but until I hear it, I won’t believe it.

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Of the locker leaks, Atlas is the only other remaining song that sounded mostly finished. Stuff like State of Grace, Nothing, etc. just sounded like sketches.

And yes, I know some people claim that Axl did vocals for stuff like Seven or whatever, but until I hear it, I won’t believe it.

I get that but we never heard the vocals and the instrumental of the general before the release.

We thought we heard it but it turned out to be soul monster.

I think there are certainly more instrumentals and vocals that we've never heard about.

• Like 2

Late last year Dan Potter from @username's favourite company spoke about looking into how to make content for something like The Sphere for if they were to bring GN'R there

https://jumpshare.com/s/JBZor71Ml0r9umV7wTrg

To do one night there may not be cost effective, especially if a company is designing big screen shit to be used for one night only. Makes me wonder if there may be a residency at some point. Who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Wow! The comments about Axl.... :lol:

• Haha 1

Didn’t slash say like a week ago that there was no future GnR tour, as far as he knew? This 2025 tour must be a very new development, or maybe he’s just talking about the rumored Vegas residency, and referring to it as a “tour.”

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t slash say like a week ago that there was no future GnR tour, as far as he knew? This 2025 tour must be a very new development, or maybe he’s just talking about the rumored Vegas residency, and referring to it as a “tour.”

there seems to be ZERO communication between the different parties of this band. Fernando probably booked shows without letting him know. Just making assumptions, but seems pretty obvious to me.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The magazine interviews were conducted around March. In the more recent (radio etc.) interviews he implied he would be with GN'R after the recording of the next SMKC album (again talking about "hoping" to record). And in the Eddie Trunk interview he didn't talk about a tour specifically, so it may very well be a residency.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I agree with your sketches comment.

But I don't think the idea of Axl having other vocals on tracks is that far out. It's far out to be thinking those songs are going to be released though😄

Atlas is likely, Monsters is almost a certainty, I still think there's a chance we get OMG with Slash and Duff. I just hope we get SOG in a more finished state, has so much potential.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Late last year Dan Potter from @username's favourite company spoke about looking into how to make content for something like The Sphere for if they were to bring GN'R there

https://jumpshare.com/s/JBZor71Ml0r9umV7wTrg

To do one night there may not be cost effective, especially if a company is designing big screen shit to be used for one night only. Makes me wonder if there may be a residency at some point. Who knows.

No you have to do a month of gigs minimum to get your investment back.

It would have to be the sphere though, they can't just play at the hard rock. 

In a perfect world the sphere would be a great launch pad for a new record🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree with your sketches comment.

But I don't think the idea of Axl having other vocals on tracks is that far out. It's far out to be thinking those songs are going to be released though😄

Atlas is likely, Monsters is almost a certainty, I still think there's a chance we get OMG with Slash and Duff. I just hope we get SOG in a more finished state, has so much potential.

I am quite sure we will get State of Grace at some point 🙂

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Also a new SMKC album is being recorded later this year, but it sounds like we might not get it until the end of '25 at the earliest.

Man, why can't they just release it immediately? Somebody get Axl in there to light a fire under their lazy asses.

53 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I still think there's a chance we get OMG with Slash and Duff. I just hope we get SOG in a more finished state, has so much potential.

OMG would be wild. IIRC that was one of the Huge songs that Slash refused to work on back in '96. However, I've come to appreciate it and it actually has a pretty nasty riff that I'd like to hear Slash play.

SOG... the verses are just fucking EMBARRASSING. They sound like one of those Youtubers who mock Axl's pitchyness. IDK what anyone sees in that song except an okay chorus.

• Like 1

Just now, evilfacelessturtle said:

SOG... the verses are just fucking EMBARRASSING. They sound like one of those Youtubers who mock Axl's pitchyness. IDK what anyone sees in that song except an okay chorus.

As a demo, it has tons of potential. But unfortunately I don't think the vocals are a scratch take, if they released it I'd bet it would have the same vocals we've heard just soaked in effects... which makes it much less appealing.

There's a chance they kept working on it, and Axl did touch-ups in later sessions like he did with Perhaps, but it's one of the few known songs with vocals so of course people have latched onto it. I like the version we've heard but it absolutely sounds like a demo.

• Like 2