Guns N' Roses to return to the road in 2025

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well then end of the day on Izzy is that if you take your money and run you can't be upset 25yrs later when your exes offer you less than you think is fair. You ride it out, wins and losses and then you get to enjoy the spoils.

I still wish Izzy had been involved in the NITL run, and I kinda hope he reconciles still, even if it's just as a collaborator

The very fact that Izzy was not involved back suggests that the band's plans did not include restoring the classic line-up, and therefore writing music and recording an album. That's what we've seen over these eight years, just touring and almost no music. It would be interesting to look at the partnership memorandum with Izzy's participation. Most likely, the ones who made the decision in partnership were Axl and Izzy. And then Slash took Izzy's place and we already know how it ended (with a big scandal and the dissolution of the band). For sure, Izzy would have demanded the restoration of his influence, it seems to me that Axl was scared and chickened out, because then he would have to prove to Izzy that he was not a creative bankrupt. Axl would have to show Izzy the notebook in which he writes down his lyrics, which I don't think Axl has kept for a hundred years

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well then end of the day on Izzy is that if you take your money and run you can't be upset 25yrs later when your exes offer you less than you think is fair. You ride it out, wins and losses and then you get to enjoy the spoils.

I still wish Izzy had been involved in the NITL run, and I kinda hope he reconciles still, even if it's just as a collaborator

I can see both sides of the fence on this issue. On Axl, Slash and Duff's side, they have been the ones who, all these years, have been dealing with all the litigation and the other other business shit involved with being in the partnership, whereas Izzy bailed from it so he can't possibly expect to get an equal share now. On the other hand, Izzy probably sees it as the other three cashing in on music and success he had an important part in creating.

And from a fan's perspective - who is a fan because of the music first and foremost - Izzy's side naturally resonates more.

15 minutes ago, lunastar said:

The very fact that Izzy was not involved back suggests that the band's plans did not include restoring the classic line-up, and therefore writing music and recording an album. That's what we've seen over these eight years, just touring and almost no music. It would be interesting to look at the partnership memorandum with Izzy's participation. Most likely, the ones who made the decision in partnership were Axl and Izzy. And then Slash took Izzy's place and we already know how it ended (with a big scandal and the dissolution of the band). For sure, Izzy would have demanded the restoration of his influence, it seems to me that Axl was scared and chickened out, because then he would have to prove to Izzy that he was not a creative bankrupt. Axl would have to show Izzy the notebook in which he writes down his lyrics, which I don't think Axl has kept for a hundred years

According to the 1992 partnership agreement, there was no other written agreement before it and the band operated under an oral partnership agreement. So I doubt there were any formal provisions about the decision making before the 1992 agreement - they probably just all had equal stock shares in the companies they owned.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I can see both sides of the fence on this issue. On Axl, Slash and Duff's side, they have been the ones who, all these years, have been dealing with all the litigation and the other other business shit involved with being in the partnership, whereas Izzy bailed from it so he can't possibly expect to get an equal share now. On the other hand, Izzy probably sees it as the other three cashing in on music and success he had an important part in creating.

And from a fan's perspective - who is a fan because of the music first and foremost - Izzy's side naturally resonates more.

According to the 1992 partnership agreement, there was no other written agreement before it and the band operated under an oral partnership agreement. So I doubt there were any formal provisions about the decision making before the 1992 agreement - they probably just all had equal stock shares in the companies they owned.

I come from the fan perspective, but I can't help but think of the business side. 

And while Izzy is thinking "those are my songs" to quote Lars "I left the fawking band"

51 minutes ago, lunastar said:

Izzy was involved, he just left when the money/contract wasn't too his liking.

But there wasn't a plan of putting the classic band back together. Adler at one point was going to play the AFD songs Izzy was probably going do something similar. Circumstances changed and we got we got, a few guest spots from Steven and that was it. 

I don't know how Steven acted (good or bad) behind the scenes but things seemed to turn sour pretty quickly.

It's a shame things weren't ironed out though, at least for the AFD anniversary even if they just got up and played a few songs together. Hard to put the rabbit back in the hat though if they did the classic 5.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Я вижу обе стороны баррикад в этом вопросе. Что касается Эксла, Слэша и Даффа, то именно они все эти годы занимались всеми судебными тяжбами и другой деловой фигней, связанной с партнерством, тогда как Иззи уклонялся от этого, поэтому он не мог ожидайте получить равную долю сейчас. С другой стороны, Иззи, вероятно, считает, что остальные трое наживаются на музыке и успехе, в создании которых он сыграл важную роль.

А с точки зрения фаната – который является фанатом в первую очередь из-за музыки – сторона Иззи, естественно, находит больше отклика.

Согласно соглашению о партнерстве 1992 года, до него не было другого письменного соглашения, и группа действовала на основе устного соглашения о партнерстве. Поэтому я сомневаюсь, что до соглашения 1992 года существовали какие-либо формальные положения о принятии решений - вероятно, все они имели равные доли акций в компаниях, которыми они владели.

A long time ago, I came across a comment from some fan who claimed that by 2016 Izzy had brought 20 songs to the band and he was even promised some kind of advance payment. But nothing happened and it didn't work. Where did this rumor even come from, is there any information about it? Or is it just someone's fantasy?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, lunastar said:

A long time ago, I came across a comment from some fan who claimed that by 2016 Izzy had brought 20 songs to the band and he was even promised some kind of advance payment. But nothing happened and it didn't work. Where did this rumor even come from, is there any information about it? Or is it just someone's fantasy?

Most likely fantasy or, maybe, an embellished version of a rumour that originated from Alan Niven. Alan Niven has a tendency to mix real information with his own educated guesses, and then, because of his leverage as a former associate, what he says is taken as true information in its entirety. In this case, Niven relied on the (true) fact that Izzy and Duff had written material together for Duff's "How to be a man" EP and turned it into a story about Slash possibly being involved, too, and the three of them writing songs for GN'R and waiting for Axl to contribute. But that was just a guess on his part, which quickly became a rumour that was subsequently exaggerated and embellished (Izzy flat out denied the rumour, by the way).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I really hope they come to Detroit. I don't want to drive all the way to Chicago and deal with that city for the show. You know you have a mad city when one prefers Detroit over it. :P

I'd drive to Indianapolis over Chicago. 

• Like 1

I hope gnr have the return to the stage AC/DC are having Brian is sounding better than I expected... I really hope Axl is doing something to come back healthier than the last times we saw him, goes to show what you can do when you have the desire to do better 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I hope gnr have the return to the stage AC/DC are having Brian is sounding better than I expected... I really hope Axl is doing something to come back healthier than the last times we saw him, goes to show what you can do when you have the desire to do better 

he's been on autopilot since 2011 except when he had to play with a band where he wasn't the boss

11 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

he's been on autopilot since 2011 except when he had to play with a band where he wasn't the boss

He seemed a bit more focussed on this last run, but it might be a little too late. Had he taken steps in 2011 when the first major wobbles began he might have retained his power and control. But yeah I agree, I have said for years that Axl treated his voice like something that was just there, he got off tour and threw it alongside his luggage thinking it would be just the same the next time he went out the door again. That might be the case for a young singer, but as you age you can't think that will continue, and as time went on Axls voice got thinner and less stable and powerful, and he lost ability to distort and essential lost his ability to sound like his trademark sound.

What's clear though, is all isn't lost. Listening to Brian on the Rock or bust tour you would think he was done, listening to him now he clearly isn't, and he obviously isn't 30 or 40 vocally but he sounds like the singer from the records when it comes to the important parts and that's what people pay for. He adapts the vocal line appropriately, he doesn't hit all the high notes but it sounds solid. Axl with help can get his voice back together, assuming he hasn't any damage to his vocal chords (like JBJ).

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The thing I wonder is if Izzy did make it back would we already have had a new album of newly recorded material. Izzy brings alot of ideas and writing to the band for where Axl struggles. 

8 hours ago, twistoflemon21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love it when they come to town but why are they still touring if they haven't released anything? If you're revisiting the same places on the same tour then you're touring too much. 

Hi, and welcome to the forum! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 hours ago, vloors said:

The thing I wonder is if Izzy did make it back would we already have had a new album of newly recorded material. Izzy brings alot of ideas and writing to the band for where Axl struggles. 

Well he definitely did have a way of working with Axl and feeding him lyrics and songs, I just don't know if anybody could move things any faster than they are going though. I would guess that Izzy wouldn't put up much of a resistance if he suggested something and got rebuffed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vloors said:

They have ideas and material aplenty. That's not the problem. They even have finished songs from the CD sessions ready to go.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vloors said:

At the very least we would have songs that actually sound like Guns N’ Roses 

• Like 1

Getting back a few pages: there's not much reason to consider that Atlas will be the next single just based on the Village leaks. Keep in mind that Axl had the song, tried to work on it, but ultimately didn't consider it would fit on CD. Then when the NITL tracks started getting released, he opted to bring the other songs and even "new to us" tracks like The General and even Monsters, although that wasn't released yet.

To me it sounded like Atlas lost the priority status a long time ago and, like we've been proved by The General and Monsters, there are indeed other songs from the Bucket/Brain era that we still don't know much about. I honestly consider the possibility to have even a new post-Bucket era songs with just Robin and Richard from 2003-2005. 

Also, keep in mind that we don't know if Slash and Duff worked on every single CD-era track presented by Axl. They could've just dismissed Atlas altogether. 

Then again, it's all up in the air and Atlas could very well be the next single. I just don't think its odds are higher than any other track by this point.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Getting back a few pages: there's not much reason to consider that Atlas will be the next single just based on the Village leaks. Keep in mind that Axl had the song, tried to work on it, but ultimately didn't consider it would fit on CD. Then when the NITL tracks started getting released, he opted to bring the other songs and even "new to us" tracks like The General and even Monsters, although that wasn't released yet.

To me it sounded like Atlas lost the priority status a long time ago and, like we've been proved by The General and Monsters, there are indeed other songs from the Bucket/Brain era that we still don't know much about. I honestly consider the possibility to have even a new post-Bucket era songs with just Robin and Richard from 2003-2005. 

Also, keep in mind that we don't know if Slash and Duff worked on every single CD-era track presented by Axl. They could've just dismissed Atlas altogether. 

Then again, it's all up in the air and Atlas could very well be the next single. I just don't think its odds are higher than any other track by this point.

I think it's fair to assume it is 1 of the next 2 with monsters. Axl did want it on CD, it was the 15th track but had to be cut as BBF has said. It was then also listed on CD2. It was also one that Axl gave to Brian May so he obviously rated it. I love the May solo, the fact he was on it means slash would be fine to play on it. It's commercially easily accessible too in the way it sounds, so makes an obvious choice as a single. Of course that doesn't mean that there aren't others - there must be. However we did already know the general existed and we knew soul monster existed with vocals, so I'd disagree there's a good possibility there are other bucket/finck era songs with vocals that are ready to go. 

I think aside from hardskool which was woefully under promoted and poorly mixed (that should have been a massive radio hit for GnR) that Atlas and Monsters are the two best songs Axl had left in the locker after CD - which makes it even more baffling these two haven't come out. We will most likely get them in 2025 as 2 more staggered singles but why they're doing it this way, when they clearly had these tracks redone in 2019 is well, ridiculous. a 6 song ep in 2020 would have gone down so much better with a simple 'we've reworked these as what we love from the CD era, hope you like them and we'll now focus on new material' 

No promise of a new album, but just get those ones out, play them live throughout 21 and 22 touring and who knows maybe they would have got the new stuff done. Instead it just seems like they're holding on. Atlas was probably written in fucking 1997/98 and he's still clinging to it in 2024/25. insanity. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Axl did want it on CD, it was the 15th track but had to be cut as BBF has said. It was then also listed on CD2.

Bumblefoot said it didn't fit on CD, I don't think he meant or implied it was supposed to be the 15th (last) song. Prostitute was clearly intended to be the last song, to be the album closer, with that super long outro.  

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Что это такое? Похоже на Dust N' Bones? Вам нравится «Месть Шаклера»? Нравится Out Ta Get Me? Типа «Так хорошо»? Нравится Мой мир? Нравится Терпение? Например, если бы мир? Нравится «Переехать в город»? Нравится Генерал? Нравится «Локомотив»? Типа Абсурд? Типа это так просто?

Типичного звука GN'R нет. Песни, которые они выпустили, были очень разнообразными.

It doesn't seem to me that the GNR sound is the point. Izzy is a wonderful melodist and really a good songwriter in the full sense of the word. Unfortunately, I still can't remember any songs from the CD, except for Sheckler's revenge. And I keep confusing it with the title song. Yes, it's also Better and that's it. But Better, to me, is too spectacular and I would say an extravagant song and quickly tires. For this, I do not like the General, there is a lot of pretentiousness, and unjustified. Monsters have a template melody. As the years go by, styles change, but the requirements for the song have not changed, it must be melodic. And what is important, the vocals should lie down and match the melodies, when they dissonate, it irritates the ear. Izzy's melodies match Axl's voice, because their voices are somewhat similar. The songs on the CD don't suit Axl's voice, as they say in such cases, "not his songs." In my opinion, this album was disliked for this reason, and not because there is no Slash. Because Axl Rose sounds awkward on it and the vocals don't marry the song.Axl Rose used to get into the song, now he doesn't, as if to spite himself or something...

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, lunastar said:

It doesn't seem to me that the GNR sound is the point. Izzy is a wonderful melodist and really a good songwriter in the full sense of the word. Unfortunately, I still can't remember any songs from the CD, except for Sheckler's revenge. And I keep confusing it with the title song. Yes, it's also Better and that's it. But Better, to me, is too spectacular and I would say an extravagant song and quickly tires. For this, I do not like the General, there is a lot of pretentiousness, and unjustified. Monsters have a template melody. As the years go by, styles change, but the requirements for the song have not changed, it must be melodic. And what is important, the vocals should lie down and match the melodies, when they dissonate, it irritates the ear. Izzy's melodies match Axl's voice, because their voices are somewhat similar. The songs on the CD don't suit Axl's voice, as they say in such cases, "not his songs." In my opinion, this album was disliked for this reason, and not because there is no Slash. Because Axl Rose sounds awkward on it and the vocals don't marry the song.Axl Rose used to get into the song, now he doesn't, as if to spite himself or something...

Despite all of this, there still isn't a distinct "GN'R sound". It has changed from Live Like A Suicide to Appetite to Lies to Use Your Illusions to Chinese Democracy. The only consistent thing is really Axl's voice, not Izzy's melodies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What's that? Sounding like Dust N' Bones? Like Shackler's Revenge? Like Out Ta Get Me? Like So Fine? Like My World? Like Patience? Like If The World? Like Move To The City? Like The General? Like Locomotive? Like Absurd? Like It's So Easy?

There is no typical GN'R sound. The songs they have released have been very diverse.

Nope, most of the NuGuns songs sound like shit and they always have. You can lap at Axl’s nuts all day and it will never change the fact that NuGuns was a spectacular failure :jerkoff:

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Despite all of this, there still isn't a distinct "GN'R sound". It has changed from Live Like A Suicide to Appetite to Lies to Use Your Illusions to Chinese Democracy. The only consistent thing is really Axl's voice, not Izzy's melodies. 

Axl’s voice changed with every progressive record released so again you’re full of shit 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1