Awesome new band to hold you over

blues rocker

I just heard an awesome new band on the radio. They are called "Silvertide", and they are the best band I have heard in years. If you like a classic hard rock sound, as in Aerosmith, AC/DC, and GnR, you will totally dig this band. You can check out their website here:

http://www.silvertidemusic.com/home.html

you can hear their first single "ain't coming home" on the website....and, unlike GnR, they have a release date for their new album - September 28th

I heard on this forum that they were a bad Zepplin rip-off (vocally anyway) and kinda listless on stage but that's hearsay so I can't really from an opinon . Do they have any material out that I could check .

Peace GnR Nation B)

that's exactly right. bad Zeppelin rip-offs. no originality at all, and not good on stage. saw them live when they opened for van Halen. these guys are nothing special.

I heard on this forum that they were a bad Zepplin rip-off (vocally anyway) and kinda listless on stage but that's hearsay so I can't really from an opinon . Do they have any material out that I could check .

Peace GnR Nation  B)

that's exactly right. bad Zeppelin rip-offs. no originality at all, and not good on stage. saw them live when they opened for van Halen. these guys are nothing special.

Isn't that a good thing. If there bringing back led zep type of rock, than im all for it.

Stop whinging about people not being original... as long as its not punk... im happy.

actually, the guitar sounds a lot like AC/DC...especially the lead guitar...the singer sounds more like Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes...a good combo...AC/DC rules, and Chris Robinson is a really good singer...how can you not like this band? it is straight up hard rock n' roll...something that the world needs more of right now...i used to think Jet was the best band playing old school rock these days, but this band kicks Jet's ass

just because a band sounds similar to another band does not mean they are ripping them off...it just means that they like to play that kind of music, and they just happen to sound like someone who came before them...there has been so much music made by now that no band can make something that doesn't sound a little like something else...it's just the way it is...they play old school rock, so yes, they are going to sound like other old school rock bands...their music rocks, and that is all that matters

Edited by blues rocker

Duffan Posted on Sep 6 2004, 06:24 PM

Why does everyone hate JET / , they are decent , I think that the vocals are kinda cool actually .

Peace GnR Nation 

yes, WHY?

they rock with heavy influences from rolling stones and the beatles (in fact most of their ballads sound as if they were right out of paul's songbook :lol: ) and there's no other band at the moment that can do that

i applaude their boldness in the influences

as some great songwriter once said (the name slips my mind at this present time)

"nothing new can be done to rock that hasn't been already done, so the bands that make it are the bands that sample the right stuff and put it together as if it was their own"