U2 sucks!!!!!!

thaman

the truth is that they have boring music no energy no power no life and saying that they are the biggest band now is just stupid!!!

Stating that "U2 sucks!!!!!", now that's.. well, maybe not stupid but very ignorant. It only shows how close-minded you are when it comes to music.

the truth is that they have boring music no energy no power no life and saying that they are the biggest band now is just stupid!!!

Stating that "U2 sucks!!!!!", now that's.. well, maybe not stupid but very ignorant. It only shows how close-minded you are when it comes to music.

You said it m8t! Even if you dislike a band for some reason, you have to have an ear for music talent. U2 are at the top of the chain m8t. But you probably grew up on plastic cock rock or something.

Gunsguy

Am I reading this right? If someone thinks U2 sucks they are automatically close-minded? Or was it just the way he posted his opinion that made you say that?

And Subs...an unwritten rule for anyone who likes music? Umm, no. Funny thing about music - it's very subjective.

Personally I think they suck as well - they are so over-rated it's not funny. I don't like Bono as a singer. I don't think their music flows particularly well either. These are just my opinions though...if others want to worship the band, and listen to their music, they can go right ahead. But frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. At the very least I will respect them for trying to be innovative and having strong lyrics...but musically I don't like them at all.

Am I reading this right? If someone thinks U2 sucks they are automatically close-minded? Or was it just the way he posted his opinion that made you say that?

And Subs...an unwritten rule for anyone who likes music? Umm, no. Funny thing about music - it's very subjective.

Personally I think they suck as well - they are so over-rated it's not funny. I don't like Bono as a singer. I don't think their music flows particularly well either. These are just my opinions though...if others want to worship the band, and listen to their music, they can go right ahead. But frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. At the very least I will respect them for trying to be innovative and having strong lyrics...but musically I don't like them at all.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Of course you can dislike the band but as you said, you can't deny that they're very talanted musicians, great song-writers and an innovative band.

So, yes, if you say bands like U2, Rolling Stones, The Beatles or Queen for example simply sucks, then you are somewhat close-minded.

U2 RULES

It's easy to say a band sucks....but how much have you heard from them? What songs? What albums? If you think they suck, give a good reason to think so.

People who don't aggree should listen to these albums:

The Joshua Tree

Rattle And Hum

War

All That You Can't Leave Behind

I also heard their new album was VERY good, but I haven't heard it myself.

I have the Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum. Got those on tape back when I had a Columbia House membership and I got 11 tapes for 1 cent or something like that. That old stuff isn't too bad (still not my thing though), but what I have heard from them in the 90s is pretty bad IMO. What I've heard is their singles, and they've released quite a few of them. If I don't like a band's singles at all then I simply don't bother with their albums b/c there's a 99% probability I won't like the rest of their music either. Off the top of my head I've heard:

One

Mysterious Ways

Even Better Than the Real Thing

Numb

Lemon

Stay

Beautiful Day

Stuck in a Moment

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Elevation

The Sweetest Thing

and several more I'm sure. Stay is my favourite out of these songs, followed by One. The others I don't like at all (Numb and Sweetest Thing are kinda catchy though). Having said all this, U2 is far from the worst band in the world and I can certainly recognize their talent. They have some songs I like...they are the type of band that I'd buy a GHs disc from, maybe. But even then, the songs that I do like still aren't really my thing. It's hard to put my finger on why...but like I said, melodically I don't think they are that good, and I don't like Bono's voice.