U2 sucks!!!!!!

thaman

Guest Conga Fissure

Not a big fan. Listened to "Joshua Tree" but I didn't like it too much. They're one of those bands I know I will listen to when I'm older when I acquire a "softer" taste like every other adult around me. But for now- strictly metal and occasionally prog.

:lol::lol: No energy or life to their music. Holy fuck. What is energy and life to you then? Wailing drums and and massive guitar solos. hahahahah!!!! To say U2's music has no life is so absurd. Their music is all about life. It's heart and soul, it's reason for optimism. As for those who continue to say that Bono sucks at politics.. well..... you are so damn completely wrong. The guy does more for politics and humanity than 99% of all other entertainers combined. Whatever you think Bono's agenda is when it comes to that stuff doesn't matter. He is getting shit done and he is making a majorly positive impact by using his celebrity status. Knocking the guy for what he does outside of U2 is so damn lame. If any of you are in a band and that's what you do should you not even bother helping out at the local food bank or shelter? Fuck no. Just because Bono's "food bank/shelter" happens to go hand in hand with meeting with the highest ranking officials in the world doesn't make his "agenda" any less noble than your own while helping out at at the local shelter. This blows me away everytime I hear anyone saying that Bono should stick to music. His music is primarley based on his experiences with these types of things. If he stopped doing what he does there would be nothing for him to write about other than what every other artists writes about. The same old cliche songs over and over again. If nothing else you have to respect U2/Bono for not writting the same song over and over again. Also for the "check out their older albums" comments, those are so cliche as well. Achtung Baby in my opinion is their best album and POP is so underrated cause people hated the name of the album and the video for Discothque. Seriously everyone thinks they went all dancy and shit when in fact Achtung Baby is more produced in that way than POP. That shows ya how many people actually gave POP a chance rather than writeing it off in the same vain as baseing a book on it's cover. I have no problem with people not likeing U2 for the music but some of the comments and reasons are at times so laughable. I suggest to anyone who thinks U2 has no life or energy in their music to go and see them live. You won't think that way after the show. You still might not dig the music but you'll definately see the life and energy you claim is missing ;)

Whoever started this thread was an imbicile , U2 is a rock solid band of real strong players ( Edge ain't no Slash but whatever he's still quite good ) and Bono when ya get down to it can REALLY sing , great melody/harmonies with his style . The lyrics are some of the most well written and thought out I've heard from any band there is a real side of U2 many bands just don't have plus U2 doesn't need a gimmick or "attitude" and they are one of the few bands that pull that off . Thier albums always explore something new or try to sometimes it's good like RnH and sometimes not so good POP (IMO) but they take the risks and they've been at it for like 25yrs without ever selling out to anyone or changing to suit a trend (hmm similar to AC/DC ;) )-ya gotta respect that . Bono is also doing things he truly believes in and gets bashed , c'mon now that's shit he wants to make things better for people How can anyone bash that . They have a extremely loyal and HUGE fan base , MASSIVE and diverse which means they appeal to a lot of tastes and people - a band that sucks ( Good Charlotte) can't ever hope to do that . U2 has also NEVER had a line-up shuffle -how many big-time groups can say that ( Zepplin , The Who ) so right there you know the chemistry is unreal and they support each other through it all , and not to mention that TJT is a phenomanal album , one of the best IMO and 2nd best of 1987 ;) . So to sum it all up NO u2 most definitley DOES NOT SUCK .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Whoever started this thread was an imbicile , U2 is a rock solid band of real strong players ( Edge ain't no Slash but whatever he's still quite good ) and Bono when ya get down to it can REALLY sing , great melody/harmonies with his style . The lyrics are some of the most well written and thought out I've heard from any band there is a real side of U2 many bands just don't have plus U2 doesn't need a gimmick or "attitude" and they are one of the few bands that pull that off . Thier albums always explore something new or try to sometimes it's good like RnH and sometimes not so good POP (IMO) but they take the risks and they've been at it for like 25yrs without ever selling out to anyone or changing to suit a trend (hmm similar to AC/DC ;) )-ya gotta respect that . Bono is also doing things he truly believes in and gets bashed , c'mon now that's shit he wants to make things better for people How can anyone bash that . They have a extremely loyal and HUGE fan base , MASSIVE and diverse which means they appeal to a lot of tastes and people - a band that sucks ( Good Charlotte) can't ever hope to do that . U2 has also NEVER had a line-up shuffle -how many big-time groups can say that ( Zepplin , The Who ) so right there you know the chemistry is unreal and they support each other through it all , and not to mention that TJT is a phenomanal album , one of the best IMO and 2nd best of 1987 ;) . So to sum it all up NO u2 most definitley DOES NOT SUCK .

Peace GnR Nation B)

Right on Brother!!! You made some awesome points. the one I always tend to overlook(not sure why) is the band's lieup? I mean 25 years with the original lineup? that's awesome. It's even more awesome when you realsie that it's been that lineup from day one. Not like KISS or a band like that, who changes members from time to time only to "reunite". I can't wait to hear their new album. I read a review in Rolling Stone the other day saying that it is fuled by guitar like no other U2 album before. Should be interesting. B)