EMINEM NEW ALBUM "Encore" First single

gunsguy

I once worked in a record studio and learnt a little bit and some guy there told me that the big rap stars barely write their own stuff. mostly they buy their beats and sound effects from unknown artist and put them together in their songs.so i don't give him much credit. his so called deepness and stuff is just marketing.

load of bull.

The list of producers on the album is published together, if not before the album comes out.

There are rappers who use ghost writers, like Jay Z (Dre for example wrote him a couple songs), but Eminem writes for himself. (Yeah I'm sure some unknown artist writes about Eminem's daughter and wife.... pfff...).

Ans to that SL@SH guy. Again, you got it all wrong, look beyond the mainstream and the stereotypes.

load of bull.

The list of producers on the album is published together, if not before the album comes out.

There are rappers who use ghost writers, like Jay Z (Dre for example wrote him a couple songs), but Eminem writes for himself. (Yeah I'm sure some unknown artist writes about Eminem's daughter and wife.... pfff...).

If you wanna play blind man go with a shepard

Eminem is probably one of the best writers ever to grace the hip Hop world.

i love his cynic, sarcastic, attacking, in your face, witty and sofisticated at times writing.

Add to this his great skills as a rapper, and huge charisma, and you get one of the best ever.

this song is just like the other singles, only this time it's a bit crazier. According to the rumors this album will be mixing his Slim Shady character with his Marshall Mathers character, it'll be very interesting to see if he can top his past awesome material. For now, it sounds amazing (Other new songs, not from the album - Bully, We as Americans etc.).

So i'm really waiting for the album, and like always, the first single tells very very little about the rest of the album, it's always some catchy crazy tune, but then you listen to the album and discover genius stuff.

Can't wait, November 16th.

Genius? Eminem's subject matter/lyricism/production doesn't hold a candle to so many rappers.

El-P, Vast Aire (Cannibal Ox), RJD2, Ill Bill are probably 100x more talented and relevant than Eminem.

In comparison to other rappers in the mainstream, he may indeed be the best (although, questionable), but he is not anything extrodinary.

rap is the WORST type of music out there today. slap a bandana, some big boots, make him a clothing comapany where they overprice their crappy shirts and pants. And POW u have a rapper. rappers are so talentless in my opinion if ur gona rap and have good lyrics be a rock group,like rappers dont have talent all they do is swear about killin thing and then at the end of the show they go PEACE. oh yeah what a display of peace on earth saying your gona cut a guys throat REAL CLASSY eminem.

so there for i dont listen to rap.

and eminem is a piece of sh.... i mean a not very good musician in my opinion . :D

wow you think he's a peice of "sh..." because he raps?

................................................................................

No comment there......

I think most of his music is really deep.

He sings about the problems in his life, and in America.

Some deep stuff......

[There are rappers who use ghost writers, like Jay Z (Dre for example wrote him a couple songs), but Eminem writes for himself. (Yeah I'm sure some unknown artist writes about Eminem's daughter and wife.... pfff...).

actually Projected, Eminem i know for sure, well atleast in his early days had like 5 co-writers that would collaborate with him and Dre would do most of the music compolations.

[There are rappers who use ghost writers, like Jay Z (Dre for example wrote him a couple songs), but Eminem writes for himself. (Yeah I'm sure some unknown artist writes about Eminem's daughter and wife.... pfff...).

actually Projected, Eminem i know for sure, well atleast in his early days had like 5 co-writers that would collaborate with him and Dre would do most of the music compolations.

You 'know for sure'???... how is that? you were there?

I know for sure that his first album 'Infinite' was written completely by himself, and the second one 'The Slim Shady LP' was co-written with Dre and Royce Da 5'9''.

I also know that if you look deeper than Nelly, Eminem, Ja Rule etc. You'll find a whole lot of great rap music like The Roots, Arrested Development, De La Soul, QN5, Talib Kwelly, Jurassic 5 and many more.

i love his cynic, sarcastic, attacking, in your face, witty and sofisticated at times writing.

Add to this his great skills as a rapper, and huge charisma, and you get one of the best ever.

this song is just like the other singles, only this time it's a bit crazier. According to the rumors this album will be mixing his Slim Shady character with his Marshall Mathers character, it'll be very interesting to see if he can top his past awesome material. For now, it sounds amazing (Other new songs, not from the album - Bully, We as Americans etc.).

So i'm really waiting for the album, and like always, the first single tells very very little about the rest of the album, it's always some catchy crazy tune, but then you listen to the album and discover genius stuff.

Genius? Eminem's subject matter/lyricism/production doesn't hold a candle to so many rappers.

El-P, Vast Aire (Cannibal Ox), RJD2, Ill Bill are probably 100x more talented and relevant than Eminem.

In comparison to other rappers in the mainstream, he may indeed be the best (although, questionable), but he is not anything extrodinary.

I can't agree.

Ill Bill (who will be featured on an Israeli mixtape very soon together with Remedy and Killah Priest) is a great artist but he's very far from Eminem's complete skills. Lyrics, flow, feel, writing style etc.

Plus, Eminem is a genius business man.

I don't want to comment on the others, cause Cannibal Ox is pure shit, i can't listen to him, even The lox are better than this. El-P and maybe Chino XL are very good writers but lack the skills, only numerous great skill demonstrations from these guys. I get you, it's just this appeal to what's not famous, the stuff not everybody knows, the ability to say you know great artists noone else knows and that mainstream sucks, it's human nature. But no, not everything mainstream sucks, and not everything underground is great.

I believe Eminem and Tech Nine are the best rappers alive, from all aspects.

I can't agree.

Ill Bill (who will be featured on an Israeli mixtape very soon together with Remedy and Killah Priest) is a great artist but he's very far from Eminem's complete skills. Lyrics, flow, feel, writing style etc.

Plus, Eminem is a genius business man.

I don't want to comment on the others, cause Cannibal Ox is pure shit, i can't listen to him, even The lox are better than this. El-P and maybe Chino XL are very good writers but lack the skills, only numerous great skill demonstrations from these guys. I get you, it's just this appeal to what's not famous, the stuff not everybody knows, the ability to say you know great artists noone else knows and that mainstream sucks, it's human nature. But no, not everything mainstream sucks, and not everything underground is great.

I believe Eminem and Tech Nine are the best rappers alive, from all aspects.

And your inverted hip-hop elitist stance is human nature, when underground hip-hop starts getting popular.

You try and counter all bandwagon underground fans--- how cute.

But really, just because you cannot understand El-P/Cannibal Ox's work, doesn't mean Eminem is better. I mean, you like Chino XL, how much value should really be attatched to your insight?

Eminem has generic beats, not to mention, he took his whole style from Dre. RJD2 and El-P create beats 100x better.

Find something is Eminem's catalogue that can compare musically and lyrically to this:

From "The Nang, the Front, the Bush and the Shit" - El-P

" (Pass me the tiger piss)

I tunnel rat into the hidden habits of collage dog inferno

No turning paths back(charlie attack!)

The half man have orders to burn the village

And come out with both hands intact

I'm not a mechanism born from disdain, I had to be trained

Now I catcall with dead walkers

I'll send a postcard form the Nang

If I can get onto the roof in time to hang

From the leg of this last chopper

Son of an obese burner perturbed to grow in a row

Of rotating blood colors on brick textures

And others modified climates make nasty tongue plunge

(head shots)

With opposite of chameleon blends from cartoon dreadnoughts

There was this parasite inside my wide intestinal tract

That took over my bark box before I had a chance to take my life back

And his deformed banter suprised me (where at?)

At the recruiters office, learning how to get a head in advertising

He said:

"Sure, others have passed, this is a gate to definition

But thats not the singular attraction to the setup

Not the action or the sacrifice of past draftees

Actually more of a layaway ducats plan

For the young get up and go out motivators

See the new soldiers smolder different

From that antiquated taste of stately hatred"

Well I came from melting options on the D train to the lobby

See academics played second in my life

To unmatriculated brain hobbies

And I admire the dedication to you ranks

Plus want the training

Loss is not a big problem it's all about what I'd be gaining,

"Well you'll get power, respect, an audience, a check, a car, Money for

school, honey with uniform fetish on your tool,

You'll travel, form bonds, be a part of something

have a structure, catch bullets..."

catch bullets?

"...I meant cash bonus

See this gold plaque, you could own it

After killing half a million

It's such a good feeling

To earn your country's respect and love

So what do you say son, are you my man?"

Fuck it, sign me up

----------------

Edit: El-P, Vast Aire and Ill Bill (one of the only men to beat out Eminem's delivery) are better than he'll ever be.

You've only heard Ill Bill's mixtape material, listen to his shit with Non-Phixion.

Heck, here's artists who flirt with commercial success better than eminem: Common, Mos Def, Del, Jeru the Damaga, Kayne West(only production-wise).

Edited by Raincoats

Indeed, underground bandwagon it is.

How can his beats be generic when his albums include various producers such and dj premiere, dre, kanye west, timbaland, himself and other greats in the bussiness? His productions vary.

I'm beginning to doubt you actually gave him a chance instead of saying "mainstream - crap" and passing on.

Edit - being 'poetic' and trying to write this way not always means great lyrics. eminem and El-P are very different type of writers, personaly, I prefer straight talking over trying to sound smart by confusing others. (Not only pointed at El-P and not directly pointed to the verse you gave).

Edited by Projected

How can his beats be generic when his albums include various producers such and dj premiere, dre, kanye west, timbaland, himself and other greats in the bussiness? His productions vary.

I'm beginning to doubt you actually gave him a chance instead of saying "mainstream - crap" and passing on.

I'm talking about the BEATS HE PRODUCED. Did you not know your idol produces on him his albums, as well.

BTW, underground bandwagon was in 1999 (probably before you knew what hip-hop is), and the only bandwagon now is actually trying to counter (like i already stated) the underground-fans, by talking about how good mainstream artists are.

Trust me, you didn't throw me off and you aren't edgy by trash-talking underground.

EDIT: Name a rapper that I mention that tries to sound "poetic". El-P isn't abstract (which is what you probably meant by "poetic'"), but he's hard to follow. However, there's a message in every song, and it is a lot more witty than Eminem will ever be.

Edited by Raincoats

I'm talking about the BEATS HE PRODUCED. Did you not know your idol produces on him his albums, as well.

BTW, underground bandwagon was in 1999 (probably before you knew what hip-hop is), and the only bandwagon now is actually trying to counter (like i already stated) the underground-fans, by talking about how good mainstream artists are.

Trust me, you didn't throw me off and you aren't edgy by trash-talking underground.

EDIT: Name a rapper that I mention that tries to sound "poetic". El-P isn't abstract (which is what you probably meant by "poetic'"), but he's hard to follow. However, there's a message in every song, and it is a lot more witty than Eminem will ever be.

Blah, bull.

First of all, i follow rap for quite a time now, surely before 99.

i don't know how you can state that the underground bandwagon was in a certain year, it's not like it's a movement, you show here that it's still on.

90% of mainstream artists do suck, Ja, Nelly, Usher, Sean Paul. lil John etc. But people like you scratch off mainstream artists before you even heard them. And telling by your posts, you never heard much of Eminem. Of course there are far more quality in the underground, not only because there are much much more artists there.

You seem to like underground artists for the sake that they are underground. Well let me give you underground artists who don't try to sound smart, but straight talking, and still are great writers and rappers:

Slug, Tonedeff, Cunninlynguists, Cheif kamachi, Classified, Pigeon John, Little T & One Track Mike and many many others.

So don't try to label me as anti-underground, I enjoy far more underground then mainstream, but I, not like you, can enjoy both worlds after checking both sides and not scratching off everything mainstream.

Belive it or not, nelly has some decent songs under his belt also.

Blah, bull.

i don't know how you can state that the underground bandwagon was in a certain year, it's not like it's a movement, you show here that it's still on.

90% of mainstream artists do suck, Ja, Nelly, Usher, Sean Paul. lil John etc. But people like you scratch off mainstream artists before you even heard them. And telling by your posts, you never heard much of Eminem. Of course there are far more quality in the underground, not only because there are much much more artists there.

You seem to like underground artists for the sake that they are underground. Well let me give you underground artists who don't try to sound smart, but straight talking, and still are great writers and rappers:

Slug, Tonedeff, Cunninlynguists, Cheif kamachi, Classified, Pigeon John, Little T & One Track Mike and many many others.

So don't try to label me as anti-underground, I enjoy far more underground then mainstream, but I, not like you, can enjoy both worlds after checking both sides and not scratching off everything mainstream.

You're pathetic. You're stuck on this idea of "HE HATES COMMERCIAL, HE ONLIKES UNDERGROUND TO LOOK COOL" argument. I've already shot down that theory.

You have a one-dimensional argument. I've already stated COMMERCIAL ARTISTS better than Eminem.

What makes me "only like underground, for the sake of it"? How did I give that impression, when I'm giving you examples of why they are better.

I obviously listen to Eminem more than you, you didn't know that he produced music. BTW, anyone who's been a long-time hip-hop fan knows that there was a serge of underground-support in 99-00, and recently, people like you, who want to go against the grain, trash talk it.

Now go ahead type about how I'm not recognizing any mainstream artists and only like underground artists for credibility sake, even though I continuously prove this wrong.

EDIT: Slug, Tonedeff, Cunninlynguists, Cheif kamachi, Classified, Pigeon John, Little T & One Track Mike

I know the members in Cunninlynguists and Classified in person. I can see that you like the bragging (aside from Slug), battle, one-liners. In which case, I can recommend an rapper who does that all better than them: Copywrite.

Edited by Raincoats

Blah, bull.

You're pathetic. You're stuck on this idea of "HE HATES COMMERCIAL, HE ONLIKES UNDERGROUND TO LOOK COOL" argument. I've already shot down that theory.

You have a one-dimensional argument. I've already stated COMMERCIAL ARTISTS better than Eminem.

What makes me "only like underground, for the sake of it"? How did I give that impression, when I'm giving you examples of why they are better.

I obviously listen to Eminem more than you, you didn't know that he produced music. BTW, anyone who's been a long-time hip-hop fan knows that there was a serge of underground-support in 99-00, and recently, people like you, who want to go against the grain, trash talk it.

Now go ahead type about how I'm not recognizing any mainstream artists and only like underground artists for credibility sake, even though I continuously prove this wrong.

EDIT: Slug, Tonedeff, Cunninlynguists, Cheif kamachi, Classified, Pigeon John, Little T & One Track Mike

I know the members in Cunninlynguists and Classified in person. I can see that you like the bragging (aside from Slug), battle, one-liners. In which case, I can recommend an rapper who does that all better than them: Copywrite.

Your arguments are void.

Where did you show me commercial artists who are better than Eminem?

I did state like 5 times in this thread that Eminem produces for himself and others also (For example Runnin by Tupac and Biggie, Talkin to Dead People by Redman (or is it Method Man, can't remember) Royce (back in the days before they were beefing) and more), so you clearly didn't even bother reading my posts before you started thrashing me.

I don't really follow the state of the hip hop fans around the world and what movements are there, it's really hard also when i'm not living with that stuff surrounding me, i only listen to the artists, I don't really care about fanbase or shit.

OMG, you did not just say that Pigeon John, Cunninlynguists, Tonedeff or Little T are all about bragging and one liners!!!!!! Hahahahahaha, please, go listen to those artists and come back to me. I like Classified cause he's a great MC, his skills as an MC and a producer are awesome. His writing is ace, no matter what he writes about, his writing is great.

Pigeon John is probably the most far away thing from a one-line rapper, he's in the likes of Slug and Sole. Tonedeff is deffinitely a battle rapper, but that is not the only thing his songs are about, plus, he's the guy with the greatest flow on the planet. You clearly haven't heard those, and yet you talk shit about them, just like you did with Eminem.

On top of all that you choose to insult me time after time, even though i don't reaspond to your insults, shopwing me just how irritated you are that I make valid points and yours are void (like i just explained).

You don't like poetic-rappers, but you're fond of Sole....?

And read my posts again, I have a list of better commercial artists than Eminem.

I never said I like Sole.

He was in Israel a few months ago, I went to catch his show and it was boring as shit. he got on stage with a laptop to play his beats and shit... awfull.

here's the odd list you gave me:

Common, Mos Def, Del, Jeru the Damaga, Kayne West.

Common, Mos Def, Del and Jeru are nowhere close to the commercial level Eminem is. Being played on the radio does not make you mainstream. Common and Del might be dancing around the border of mainstream-underground. But they're far behind Eminem commercial-wise. I'll be surprised if the average person outside the US knows who they are.

Kanye West is mainstream, great producer, though very very repetitive, better producer than Eminem, no doubt. but then again, I never claimed Em was a great producer (though he has done some good work), Eminem has a long way to go with producing, but he is making progress, his latter productions (Runnin by Tupac and a song from Obie's album (I think it was Hands on You, I'd have to put that obie CD back into the player and listen again.