Nine Inch Nails!

Mouth For War

Yes, that song is called "closer." (I prefer the live version of the song that's on NIN's "And All That Could Have Been" album.

But most of NIN's music is awesome. :shades:

If you're just discovering them now, I can recommend all kinds of songs to check out. As you mentioned, "Terrible Lie" is cool. But try to check out "Head LIke A Hole," "That's What I Get," "Into the Void," ""Gave Up," "Something I Could Never Have," "Sin," "The Wretched," "The Fragile," "Day the world went away," "Hurt," "Sanctified," "Happiness In Slavery," and Kinda I want to."

NIN's vids are pretty off-the-wall -- some are even a bit too bizarre for my taste. :P But one of my favorites is "Gave Up." Also, the "closure" video set is very cool, with a mix of backstage clips, live performances and vids.

.... Ummm.. Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know. :huh:

i agree w/ you madison, they are definately one of my favorite bands...kidna shocks me some people are just learning about them, but to all their own. The live cd is amazing, and they put on one of the best shows i have ever seen...just fucking amazing..

and to add to your list

wish, we're in this together now, march of the pigs and Piggy.....

cannot wait for the new album

Edited by merslain

'pretty hate' and 'broken' are 2 of my fav albums, 'downward' I dont really like all that much, except 3 or 4 songs, the fragile was very lame IMO...

'Perfect Drug' was a great, almost perfect song.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying that Trent Reznor is a musical genius, but he's one of the better song makers around today.

NIN are one of my bands. I haven't heard ALL their music yet but I was so moved by their version of "Hurt" - it was fucking beautiful. Closer & Perfect Drug are tight ass songs as well.

yea those r sweet songs, and isnt hurt origanly done by them?? im not sure but i know jonny cash did a wicked cover to it!!

I do like nin but the only problem i find with them is a lot of the songs seem to be self obsessed and self pitying and it can get a bit much after a while, maybe bleed through will deal with other things lyrically hopefully.

But that's what makes the songs so awesome. Trent spills his heart, frustrations and anger into the lyrics, and he sings them from the soul. Some of the lyrics are really intense -- but very cool. And many people can relate to them.

btw, here's an article that appeared last week on BPI Entertainment News, giving an update on upcoming NIN releases:

NIN revisits `The Downward Spiral'

JONATHAN COHEN; Billboard.com

6 October 2004

© 2004 BPI Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

NEW YORK -- Nine Inch Nails will on Nov. 23 release a deluxe edition of its 1994 album "The Downward Spiral" as well as a dual-disc DVD-audio edition of the set.

Disc one of "The Downward Spiral: Deluxe Edition" is a hybrid CD/Super Audio CD that features the original 14-track album digitally remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Disc two boasts 13 digitally remastered remixes and rarities, including demos for "Ruiner," "Heresy" and "Liar," plus an early version of the hit single "Closer."

The dual-disc version of the album sports the new 5.1 mix on side one plus a DVD with an image gallery, photos, a discography and videos for "Hurt," "Closer" and "March of the Pigs" on the opposite side. This edition will play in all standard CD and DVD devices.

In related news, the DVD debut of the 1997 home video "Closure" has been delayed, according to the Trent Reznor-led group's official Web site. The project is "tied up in legal problems at the moment and looks unlikely to see release until early 2005," according to the site.

Nine Inch Nails long-in-the-works new album, "Bleed Through," is expected by year's end but no release date has been confirmed. The set features drum work from Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.