Worst Music Era

ryne

In What Time Was the Radio the Most Ear-Bleed Giving?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Conga Fissure

90s = inception of pretentious, image-driven rap (that still sucks by the way), punk "shit" bands, boy bands, female singers that won over the hearts of millions with the power to lip synch and distort their voices so it sounded borderline not ear-bleed inducing (although occasionally I got a trickle). Metallica became corporate whores a.k.a. good pop metal died. Nirvana became mega-overrated.

80s = thrash/speed metal. Metallica (legendary era), Megadeth, AC/DC, simplistic metal/rock ruled and became a fad....GUITAR SOLOS became a fad! Yes! Guns N' Roses just kicked pomp metal in the mouth when pop started getting 'scary' bad. The greatness of prog like Queensryche comes about and David Lee Roth spins off his solo career with Eddie V.H.'s competition- Steve Vai.

Yeah....80s just rocked.

90s = inception of pretentious, image-driven rap (that still sucks by the way), punk "shit" bands, boy bands, female singers that won over the hearts of millions with the power to lip synch and distort their voices so it sounded borderline not ear-bleed inducing (although occasionally I got a trickle). Metallica became corporate whores a.k.a. good pop metal died. Nirvana became mega-overrated.

80s = thrash/speed metal. Metallica (legendary era), Megadeth, AC/DC, simplistic metal/rock ruled and became a fad....GUITAR SOLOS became a fad! Yes! Guns N' Roses just kicked pomp metal in the mouth when pop started getting 'scary' bad. The greatness of prog like Queensryche comes about and David Lee Roth spins off his solo career with Eddie V.H.'s competition- Steve Vai.

Yeah....80s just rocked.

Simple rock in the 80s? I think, to an extent, rock became more about the show than the music, with bands like the Crue, Poison, Warrant, Firehouse. That's why Tesla ruled so much... they were real rock in an era of hair bands. There was shit in both decades in all genres, but there was good stuff too.

Guest Bloody-milk

I say that it's the '90s.You know,new age metal which doesn't sound good to my ears,grunge which is ridiculous and other RNB and pop bands that have 0 talent.Compare the '90s bands icons with the ones from the '80s.Compare Guns N' Roses with Slipknot.Notice that Guns N' Roses didn't use mascs nor satanic lyrics to get attention.Besides that...where are the guitar solos in the '90s? Seriously..good band images from the '90s but where's the music?

I'd say 90's BUT only after kurt Cobains Death. Everything before that was good. After Nirvana everything has been shit. No good bands worthy of old legends like AC/DC or Guns n Roses have stood up.

Agreed. After Kurt died all that came out in music was pop and bad rock.