The Scorpions

cold*heartbreaker

Reason I'm asking is cus I'm gonna go see them at the end of November in LA. My friend's stepdad and his friend are getting free tickets and backstage passes to meet the band cus they've known them from a while back (working at a record store I think). They're not my favorite band, but I like some of their stuff. Has anyone here ever been to a show of theirs? If so, was it good? I really wanted to go cus I'm pretty familiar with some music by them and I've never been to a concert. :huh: Yup, you heard me, lol.

I really like the Scorpions. I love the songs 'Wind of Change' and 'Still Loving You.' They are playing about 3 hours from where I live in about a month. I don't know whether I will see them or not, though. Depends on how much the tickets are, and if I have any other plans at the time.

"No One Like You" and "Wind of Change" are probably my favorites. I'm not a fan of them but I bought "Bad for Good: The Very Best of the Scorpions" and it's got some good stuff on it. The last three songs "The Zoo" "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and "Send Me an Angel" are good too.

I didn't think those guys would still be touring, how old are they? I thought Axl might be starting to age but he's young compared to them.

Even though they are German, I've never been to a concert. I like some of their songs, but never bought an album. "Wind of change" was written for the reunion of Germany in 1990 and stayed at number 1 here for like 15 weeks. Back then I've heard that song too often and therefore can't listen to it anymore.

The Scorpions are amazing "He's a woman She's a man" quality in fact all the albums i've heard are really good. Was meant to go see them with Whitesnake when they were touring but didn't go, couldn't afford it.

Found out that the Scorpions didn't do the gig over here anyway so wasn't too bothered although i think i missed Y&T which would have been cool. :drevil:

i love the scorpions! i saw them about 2 years ago at the universal amp. they put on a real good show. i was surprised to that they worked the crowd the way they did. there were a lot of young fans and of course the older ones. it was a great concert. hope you enjoy the show heartbreaker.

i only know wind of change.

any other good songs to recommend?

It depends on what kind of song you like. They did a lot of very pretty ballads like 'Send Me An Angel' and 'Still Loving You', but they also did a lot of hard rock songs like 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' and 'The Zoo.' I'd check some of those songs out, and would buy their Greatest Hits album called 'Bad For Good' if you like those songs. I'd say that the Scorpions are the greatest 'hair metal' band ever.