WHY??

pistol

I get that crap all the time...although the city I live in now isn't too bad. I always end up having a discussion with someone about Floyd or The Beatles, so not everyone listens to rap.

But yeah I agree with what Civil_War said, rap right now is how hair metal was in the 80s. In a little bit some other genre of music's gonna pop out and sweep everything. Let's just hope it's something good.

Edited by cold*heartbreaker

Personally, I don't take such an interest to rap music itself. However, I do not believe there is anything wrong with it. I mean this in terms of, people should be able to listen to whatever music they wish and if rap is their preference then that is fine by me. Diversity is the spice of life wouldn't you agree? It gives it all it's flavour.. yes? Really you could catagorise Eminem as a lyrical virtuoso if you want..

Anyway chill.. as a great band once said: "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, rock and roll ain't gonna die!" :devil:

I'm telling you, in a couple of years time all this rap culture, mass-produced pop acts etc will have settled down.. it's just like a cycle.. the public will only totorate it for so long.

Anyway chill.. as a great band once said: "Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, rock and roll ain't gonna die!" :devil:

I'm telling you, in a couple of years time all this rap culture, mass-produced pop acts etc will have settled down.. it's just like a cycle.. the public will only totorate it for so long.

I'm curious, which band said that? :monkey:

I disagree with you on that point. Rock was the main music style for, say, thirty years. Who's to say it won't go the same with rap? Who's to say rap, in various incarnations, won't be the new rock for the next so many years? IMO, rock (as the main music style) is dead. There's no such thing as it being in a cycle. It's dead.

I believe it was AC/DC. Na rocks still big just not chart because the nature of the charts has changed. Rock in the charts is marketed in the same way these days like Darkness. But real rock, and by that i mean REAL rock has staying power for years. Hence why VR get to number 20-odd in the charts with the odds stacked against them

I believe it was AC/DC. Na rocks still big just not chart because the nature of the charts has changed. Rock in the charts is marketed in the same way these days like Darkness. But real rock, and by that i mean REAL rock has staying power for years. Hence why VR get to number 20-odd in the charts with the odds stacked against them

You are right there. Although I do agree with you Angie79 in terms of rock will never be what it once was, I think the 60s/70s were the height and it's been declining ever since, this is sad but probably true. This is what I mean when I say not enough people listen to real music, the majority just listen to contempory music in the charts now.. it is sad but true. When the old timers finally fade away I don't know what's going to happen. Sometimes I wish I was born in the 60s :lol:

AC/DC !!!! If you already haven't you really should check them out, really!, the song is rock and roll ain't noise pollution, off the album Back in Black, which is one of the biggest albums ever made.

AC/DC !!!! If you already haven't you really should check them out, really!, the song is rock and roll ain't noise pollution, off the album Back in Black, which is one of the biggest albums ever made.

I own their '92 Live album, the collector's edition, which is one of my favorite records. But "Rock 'n' Roll ain't Noise Pollution" isn't on there, so I've never heard it. Am I musically challenged for not owning Back In Black? :ph34r:

Edited by Angie79

The only things I have against rap is the fact that it turns everyone who listens to it into a mad kind of mental state, where they feel the overwhelming urge to go out, and dress up exactly the same as their idols. They also act like they're gangsters. Have they ever seen the Godfather? :(

Also the music is very...well.....simple. One beat, one sheet of lyrics = mega hit. Times this by 12 and you get a platinum album. And Gunner Boy hit the nail on the head when he said 'because MTV said so'. It influences a lot of people.

I doubt that rock will come back in the same way though. It's hard to imagine the same kind of feeling from music coming back, ya know? Saying that music is a cycle and that the 60/70s are gonna come back is not totally accurate because if it was in fact a cycle, music would have had it's revolution already. But it gets worse and worse...the only hope out there are the classic rock bands from back in the day that still wanna tour and release albums but not much is heard from them cus the media is fascinated with the crap going on right now - Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Usher...shit of that sort.

I think it would be impossible to try and bring back the talent and music of the older decades. It was one of a kind. Kinda sad actually. I wish I was born 20 years ago.

Because MTV decided so....... <_<

:lol: Sad but true.

If they played decent videos.... and there are plenty out there it wouldn't be like this. <_<

But then we would be complaining about ppl liking our music even though they arnt "real" fans... lol :unsure:

Edited by Stupid_Moron

I own their '92 Live album, the collector's edition, which is one of my favorite records. But "Rock 'n' Roll ain't Noise Pollution" isn't on there, so I've never heard it. Am I musically challenged for not owning Back In Black? :ph34r:

Erm maybe.. YES! :P

It's actually the 6th biggest selling album of all time.. it's legendary! The best they ever released.

it's legendary! The best they ever released.

This is discussable.

I wouldn't say it's their best album. It's their biggest album but not their best.

Agreed. I have it too and I think it's an awesome album .. but something about Brian Johnson's slurry singing irks me a bit.

That being said I don't own any other AC/DC albums and the Bon Scott stuff that I've heard is all through downloads. I just like what I've heard from Bon a lot better.

Guest Bloody-milk

Some rap is decent but most of it is just a cheap copy from rock songs and it consists of racial hate and material wealth.That's pretty much it in rap.They don't really care about feelings.You cannot compare rock with rap...rockers know what a musical note is and they don't worry about their fancy image much.I bet that if we showed those rap kids what rock n roll is all about they would be rockers.In conclusion:the only thing missing from rap is the C. C Rap.

it's legendary! The best they ever released.

This is discussable.

I wouldn't say it's their best album. It's their biggest album but not their best.

What, do you prefer Highway To Hell maybe? I think that's the only other that comes close..

I have a strong liking of 'Dirty Deeds...' but I think If you want blood is better than Highway To Hell.