An ignorant question.

Carne_asaDA

^ is not that popular here(in california), i think it might be popular in the south but who knows, and to answer another question i think country here is like .. traditional music among those southern states, so my guess is that there are equivalents for it in other nations but they wont necessary sound country do u know what i mean

I know this question was for people outta the US, but I hate Wisconsin sometimes, it seems like half of the white girls have a favorite country singer then the rednecks blast the stuff like there's a revolution unfolding. Country's gotta be the only popular stuff I dislike more than Hip-Hop.

Edit: Don't make me start about the old people and the small towns...

Edited by ryne

UK - well not really, there are some radio stations and some gigs, but tis doesnt get much tv time.

Incidently, i was listening to some country earlier, and its foot tapping stuff!

And in my ignorance of american country music culture, i wanted to throw a cowboy hat in the hair and shout yee haw!!

Anytime any country act plays over in Ireland the likes of Dolly Parton,The Dixie Chicks,Gareth Brooks in his hey day,Willie Nelson they always sell out in no time.

Then again that goes for all types of music over here.

There is alot of cool country tho, i like alot of country, its just all the mainstream stuff is gay, but Chris LeDoux, he is like one of my fave singers and he is country, so dont hate something till you know more about it, david allen coe, is awsome too, although he is more of a comedian, lol