Pink Floyd the most talented band ever.

discuss their albums, my personal opinion is that they are all out of this world!

a real innovative rock band, dark side of the moon is probably the best album in the known universe :)

heres a real band with real albums! unlike motley crue whos albums consist of re-released greatest hit packages that nobody wants to hear!! anyway discuss!

The Piper at the Gates Of Dawn

Saucerful Of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Relics

Meddle

Obscured By Clouds

Dark Side Of The Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

the final cut

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason

Delicate Sound Of Thunder

The Division Bell

P.U.L.S.E.

Is There Anybody Out There?

Echoes... the Best Of Pink Floyd

Sorry, I never liked them much. But then again, I don't smoke dope.

Bad comparison to the Crue. Yes, Crue is full of crap these past few years, (with the re-releases) and getting to be as bad as Kiss in ripping off their fans. But the original albums were good, and still are today.

Sorry, I never liked them much. But then again, I don't smoke dope.

Bad comparison to the Crue. Yes, Crue is full of crap these past few years, (with the re-releases) and getting to be as bad as Kiss in ripping off their fans. But the original albums were good, and still are today.

Wow you're an idiot, I've never smoked anything in my life and I've got most of Pink Floyd's albums, a couple DVDs, and a couple posters, they're my fucking band. And the motley crue thing was referring to how Pink Floyd had a lot of talent and don't need to market one or two of their songs to bring in the money when they've got albums full of better music. They're one of the highest grossing bands of all time and they've only got like two "best of" collections, one from the 70's and one from not too long ago (that is what he meant right? cause it's how i interpretted it).

Anyways... Pink Floyd's the best. They maybe weren't the best live but they sure as hell made up for it with their studio performances. Most of David Gilmore's solos are the most beautiful things I've heard from a guitar, I've always wanted to learn to play "Marooned". I love how both Gilmore and Roger Waters switch up on vocals, it adds a lot of variety to their music. "Comfortably Numb" and "Run Like Hell" are probably my favorite songs ever, of course the "The Wall" is my favorite album ever, followed closely by "The Dark Side of the Moon" which I have 3 versions of :D . I just love this band! I don't even talk about GNR like this and look what forum I'm on.

discuss their albums, my personal opinion is that they are all out of this world!

a real innovative rock band, dark side of the moon is probably the best album in the known universe :)

heres a real band with real albums! unlike motley crue whos albums consist of re-released greatest hit packages that nobody wants to hear!! anyway discuss!

Saucerful Of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Relics

Meddle

Obscured By Clouds

Dark Side Of The Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

the final cut

The Division Bell

P.U.L.S.E.

in one word A-MA-ZING. Really, any other description does this band justice. An incredibly tallented group of musicians. I have all the solo albums of the group members as well, and they really show they all are VERY gifted. Still, as a group they are absolutely unbeatable.

My favorites:

Wish You Were Here

Dark Side Of The Moon

Animals

Meddle

ah hell, the're all good albums. Allthough I like the movie albums (more and obscured by clouds) and Ummagumma the least. Amazing live albums as well. Together with GnR my favorite band. They share first place.

I own all the albums listed aswell, i love all their psychedelic stuff, i love syd barrett.. a true inspiration to pink floyd later work.

SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS and THE FINAL CUT are both personal favourites..

oh and when roger waters sings "haha charade you are" its probably the best thing ever.

PINK FLOYD ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM INCLUDING ME AND ARE BETTER THAN EVERY BAND EVER.

ROGER WATERS IS GOD.

Pink Floyd are one of my very favorite bands. I can't explain how great they are. Their music is so inspiring, and David Gilmour is one of the only guitarists whose solos actually move me. I also think that 'Wish You Were' and 'High Hopes' are two of the most beautiful songs of all time.

I own all the albums listed aswell, i love all their psychedelic stuff, i love syd barrett.. a true inspiration to pink floyd later work.

SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS and THE FINAL CUT are both personal favourites..

oh and when roger waters sings "haha charade you are" its probably the best thing ever.

PINK FLOYD ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM INCLUDING ME AND ARE BETTER THAN EVERY BAND EVER.

ROGER WATERS IS GOD.

I'm firmly against declaring musicians better people, or gods. Because the're not. They simply make great music.

The song you meant is Pigs (Three Different Ones), it's the third song on the Animals album.

lol, yes i know Pigs(3 different ones) "haha charade you are" the chorus of the song is great, thats all i meant.

Saucerful Of Secrets

More

Ummagumma

Atom Heart Mother

Relics

Meddle

Obscured By Clouds

Dark Side Of The Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall

the final cut

The Division Bell

P.U.L.S.E.

Pink Floyd are amazing - quite possibly my favourite band.

But they're not spectacularly talented or anything. They just managed to sound great with groundbreaking studio techniques, production and sound effects.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, ANIMALS is my favourite Pink Floyd LP, and I've listened to it everyday for a year. It's just too amazing for words.

Other honourable mentions:

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (stunning brit psychedelicia)

MORE (Grievously underrated soundtrack)

Atom Heart Mother (One amazing orchestral epic backed by three great solo ditties and a shitty sound collage)

The Final Cut (Absolutely amazing poetry, lush orchestration and great instrumentation)

Edited by Lumiere