metallica still kings of hard rock-metal world

campos

Guest Conga Fissure

I like "Kickstart My Heart" from a musical standpoint.

But the rest? No.

Never sold out though. You see, "selling out" is the action of going against one's values.

Metallica did that. And relished it too. Even today they're still using the "Lars" reaction to the obvious question: "Hey James, where did the guitar solos go?"...."Up your ass man! With the rest of 'em." (High fives Lars)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the rest? No.

Never sold out though. You see, "selling out" is the action of going against one's values.

Metallica did that. And relished it too. Even today they're still using the "Lars" reaction to the obvious question: "Hey James, where did the guitar solos go?"...."Up your ass man! With the rest of 'em." (High fives Lars)

do u even know what metallica's values are? i bet if u asked them one of the main answers they'd give u would be DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT WITH OUR MUSIC IF U LIKE IT COOL IF U DONT THERE'S THE DOOR

they NEVER went against that, unlike many other bands they tried something different! which to me is very valuable in music and in life.. if u wanna be stuck with the same music always go for it

Guest Conga Fissure

But the rest? No.

do u even know what metallica's values are? i bet if u asked them one of the main answers they'd give u would be DOING WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT WITH OUR MUSIC IF U LIKE IT COOL IF U DONT THERE'S THE DOOR

they NEVER went against that, unlike many other bands they tried something different! which to me is very valuable in music and in life.. if u wanna be stuck with the same music always go for it

1983 interview.

They undermined nearly everything they said there.

This is the fans' ammunition.

Always the usual, cliche, novice's saying: "man, we'll NEVER be commercial, only for the fans."