emo

matt_barker

Dude, it's almost time for period, I'm so "emo" lately!!!

:lol:

if you cant say anything funny/smart/that has a point, dont say anything at all.

while were talkign anyway mr gash, try youthmovie soundtrack stretegies, and torch.

Edited by mr-fukaji

Hmm I'm trying a discovery of emo at the moment (this is when you try and broaden your music taste and listen to music you wouldn't normally think of listening to with an open mind, its quite a novel concept on this forum it seems. "If tha hair ain't to tha shoulder, ah won't even bother.") I like Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Jawbreaker, My Chemical Romance and The Used. Even though some of them probably don't count as emo, if anyone has any more suggestions, I'll be grateful.

I did this once, as well.

This_Guy suggested some bands I have now become a fan of: The Kinison, Desaparecidos and Possum Dixon. Some emo bands that I've been a fan of for a while are: Moss Icon, Fugazi, Dillinger Escape Plan (metalcore...not sure if we can call it emo), Native Nod, Fear Before the March of Flames and Alexisonfire.

Emo isn't my choice-genre(style), but the bands mentioned above provide some entertainment.

Thanks Fukaji, Wreckless_Life and Raincoats for your suggestions. I've heard "My Last Serenade" by Killswitch Engage before, didn't really seen my sort of thing but I'll look into them. Heard some Bright Eyes stuff before too, song titles were about advertising and oranges or something, the vocals sort of got on my nerves but I figure I'll give them another try. Try to listen to those other bands too that Fukaji and Raincoats suggested.

P.S Everyone should play EmoGame

Edited by Gash

I think that i've been into emo and emocore since 1994.

I love emo. If anyone wants to call me a pussy for liking it they can say it to my face and then taste the floor.

Emo bands I'd recommend: hawthorne heights, senses fail, a thorn for every heart, milemarker, poison the well, northstar, brand new, angel hair, swing kids, I'll think of more later

Edited by exploited1851

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Conga Fissure

Emo is promoting an emotional state I cannot relate to.

If life was as depressing as melodrama plague music makes it.....suicide. Simple. No poems, long emotional crying sessions. It's simply a peaceful transition into permanent ostracization from the world. The same world that harbors man with self-indulgent primal instincts and the same world that created (well, more like man) war, torture, destruction, pain of all kinds and variations. Plus religion, physco-emotional manipulation and the dawning of the inquitous magic entertainment box a.k.a. the television where people exploit other people who seek content in life through fame and where they are left to greedy station exec.s' will because they can fill a void everybody feels in the physce- the same void that religion exploits to create business oppurtunities and to control people to do whatever the political agenda entails (the Crusades, anyone?).

Emo has now become fabricated like a trend. So the only way unknown rock"groups will get signed is if they compromise their image and music for a shot at fame and a guaranteed life off the streets. So all I'm saying is emo is a pop rock fad. There are some real artists but as the mainstream music cycle reflects- fads are fickle and not all these artists (as with other genres) are genuine. 15 years ago: pretentious hair metal. Today: pretentious rap/emo rock.

Edited by livinloud87