I hate to break it to you monkeys but

Bono

Either you like U2 or you're going to like U2. You can't escape it. If you don't like U2 now there will come a day when you find yourself looking for soemthing with a bit more depth and a bit more emotion. It's true so deal with it. You will all like U2 in the end.

I write this because i'm sick of wankers writing that "U2 is not rock. Guns N'Roses are rock". Anyone who says that has no idea what rock is. U2 is a rock band who play their own instruments and write thier own tunes. Anyone who thinks U2 is "pussified rock" doesn't know anything about life. there are all different types of rock people. If the Beatles were rock than U2 sure as hell are rock. Get a clue people and stop living off your false impressions of what Rock n' Roll is. Rock n' Roll is not all screaching guitar solos, and high pitched voices. Yes that's rock but so is U2. So are The Beatles, So is Bon Jovi, so is Face to face, so is Velvet Revolver, so is The Police, so is Nine Inch Nails. get off your fucking labels people. It makes you look stupid. And yes you will like U2. It's enevitable. B)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I totally agree Bono. I like U2, and Bon Jovi and all those other bands, and I count them as rock, and it gets me mad when people call it "wuss rock" just because they don't scream and swear every other word.

But I still love the screaming and the swearing lol.

Hey I totally agree Bono. I like U2, and Bon Jovi and all those other bands, and I count them as rock, and it gets me mad when people call it "wuss rock" just because they don't scream and swear every other word.

I totally dig good screaming also. I don't care one way or the other about swears as long as it's not done just for the sake of swearing. But yeah it's so lame when people say "Oh that's not rock it's pop" Well what's pop then? Guns N' roses can be considerd pop. it all depends on how you look at it. When talking about bands like Aerosmith and U2 ad Gn'R and Black Sabbath it's lame when someone goes off saying "Black sabbath isn't rock you fucking loser their metal. Gn'R isn't metal you wanker their rock" and so on.

i totally agree with ya man, but not everyone has to like U2, and if they dont then they are just missing out, dont have a cow bro.

:lol: No I know dude. You don't have to like U2 but you will. It's unavoidable. It's just a part of life. That's all I'm saying. :lol:

Edited by Bono

I totally dig good screaming also. I don't care one way or the other about swears as long as it's not done just for the sake of swearing. But yeah it's so lame when people say "Oh that's not rock it's pop" Well what's pop then? Guns N' roses can be considerd pop. it all depends on how you look at it. When talking about bands like Aerosmith and U2 ad Gn'R and Black Sabbath it's lame when someone goes off saying "Black sabbath isn't rock you fucking loser their metal. Gn'R isn't metal you wanker their rock" and so on.

Totally. I mean, why can't it just be music? Why do people have to put all the labels on everything? It really gets on my nerves.

Either you like U2 or you're going to like U2. You can't escape it. If you don't like U2 now there will come a day when you find yourself looking for soemthing with a bit more depth and a bit more emotion. It's true so deal with it. You will all like U2 in the end.

I write this because i'm sick of wankers writing that "U2 is not rock. Guns N'Roses are rock". Anyone who says that has no idea what rock is. U2 is a rock band who play their own instruments and write thier own tunes. Anyone who thinks U2 is "pussified rock" doesn't know anything about life. there are all different types of rock people. If the Beatles were rock than U2 sure as hell are rock. Get a clue people and stop living off your false impressions of what Rock n' Roll is. Rock n' Roll is not all screaching guitar solos, and high pitched voices. Yes that's rock but so is U2. So are The Beatles, So is Bon Jovi, so is Face to face, so is Velvet Revolver, so is The Police, so is Nine Inch Nails. get off your fucking labels people. It makes you look stupid. And yes you will like U2. It's enevitable. B)

Whoa....Pud Monkey!!!!

I used to like U2, now I don't!!!.

Just like a old fire in a ring -pit , they are smoldering away and there ain't no rekindlin'!!!! They SUck !!!! They SUck!! They SUck!!!

Face It, Boner!!! It's over!! Just let it go!!!

Ok....this is a GUNS N' ROSES message board. If you want to suck U2s asses, go to a U2 board. To me, U2 sucks. It's not that their "pussy rock", i just don't like their songs, or their style. Nor will i ever. Now will you please shove the U2 crap up your ass? THANK YOU!

your totally right man, i kinda see each band as there own personal genre though, ya know cause most "GOOD" band are like so much different sounding, you really cant compare them, just like people trying to compare Nightrain with Madagascar, you just cant its different shit, yeah both are rock songs, but that dosent mean they compare.or whatever ya know

Ok....this is a GUNS N' ROSES message board. If you want to suck U2s asses, go to a U2 board. To me, U2 sucks. It's not that their "pussy rock", i just don't like their songs, or their style. Nor will i ever. Now will you please shove the U2 crap up your ass? THANK YOU!

he is in the anything goes section though, mother fucker

Kinda not the point of my thread but whatever. Oh and this is the Anything Goes section so fuck off to the Guns N' Roses section if you don't want to hear about other things. Got it? GOOD!

i would love u2 if they had a lead gutarist.

<_<:P I don't see how a different style of guitar playing would fit though. :unsure:

your totally right man, i kinda see each band as there own personal genre though, ya know cause most "GOOD" band are like so much different sounding, you really cant compare them, just like people trying to compare Nightrain with Madagascar, you just cant its different shit, yeah both are rock songs, but that dosent mean they compare.or whatever ya know

I totally know. We do need labels and genres to distinguish but when people don't realise that it's ALL rock n' roll in the end that's what pisses me off. To say that U2 isn't rock or Black Sabbath isn't rock and then to throw them into a sub-category of rock is hilariously stupid. Metal is a type of rock. Flok is a type of rock. I think we all follow. ;)

Hey DeadRoses nice to see ya by the way. I havent' seen you post for awhile. :unsure:

Edited by Bono

i would love u2 if they had a lead gutarist.

I'd love U2 if they just stuck to doing Target commercials !!!

In the 80's they were cool as fuck, now they just SUck!!

Bono, my dear, dear friend.........It is enivitable that I will contiue to razz you as long as you keep regergitating this vomit on this forum!!

"Can you feeeeeeeeel??"

Edited by Franchelle

Just because he doesn't like U2 does NOT mean he f@cks his Mother!!!

C'mon!!!

Just because he doesn't like U2 does NOT mean he f@cks his Mother!!!

C'mon!!!

is that a fact :blink:

Bono, my dear, dear friend.........It is enivitable that I will contiue to razz you as long as you keep regergitating this vomit on this forum!!

"Can you feeeeeeeeel??"

fair enough. I'll continue to regergitate though as long as you continue to pump cliches

out of your ass ;)

This is not about U2 people!!!! I just used them as an example cause it's what i do. I talk about U2. :lol: How ironic was that statement.

Edited by Bono

You will all like U2 in the end.

Only if you take it, in your end!!! :lol:

I thought the "target commercials' were much more "cliche", then the truth about the 80's because I WAS REALLY THERE!!

Your whole liking them is a "Cliche" from the 80's my friend, from what they used to be!!!

But if you really want me to pump little poop terds out of my ass and call them

"U2 Yummy" for your benefit.....forget about it!!!

Edited by Franchelle

avril lavigne roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See that's my point. yes she does. She plays rock n' roll. Now watch someone who hates her but likes Good Charlotte say "Avril's not rock" but they like Good Charlotte. Total contradiction and yet people are doing it all the time.

You will all like U2 in the end.

Only if you take it, in your end!!! :lol:

I thought the "target commercials' were much cliche', then the truth about the 80's because I WAS REALLY THERE!!

Your whole liking them is a "Cliche" from the 80's my friend, from what they used to be!!!

I've never seen the Target commercial. Weere they advertising ipods available at Target or just Target? I'm not argueing with you about that. If it's a legit Target commercial than that's lame. Your whole gimmick that "old" U2 was good is the cliche. If me likeing U2 is a cliche from the 80's than what the hell is likeing Guns N' Roses? a keeping it real movemnet? :lol: Likeing U2 is a cliche. What a bad comment. It makes no sense. Continually saying "Old" or "80's" U2 is good, is the cliche. Achtung baby was voted by U2 fans on interference/U2.com as their best album with over 51% of the vote. It was an actual survey conducted by the website not some lame poll in the forum. Achtung Baby - That's 90's U2 "my friend" :o

kiss my ass fuckstain...it's just sad that thats all he flaps about half the time is some washed up band from the 80's that, like many of the other washed-up bands of the 80's, just won't let go and kepp putting out music that gets crappier and crappier as time rolls on. 80's...good. Bands from the 80's trying to put out cds in the 21st cetury? bad. Take Metallica for example. St. Anger sucked, and we all know it. Megadeth...well...they just sucked to begin with, having maybe 5 good songs. Twisted Sister redos their Stay Hungry cd, and it SUCKS. Any other good 80's bands that put out crappy albums it the 21st century? that includes metal, hair metal, pop...u know what i mean. Everything.

Hey, I have a bunch of rocks in my driveway at home.....

Does that mean that they are a band????

Or if I take one rock , is it a rock without a band???

Tell me, I'm confused!!!????

Go ahead, call U2 "rock" all you want, I don't give a shit!!!!

But I may throw stones at you!!!??

Hey, what's the difference between a rock and a stone anyway!!!??

"Boner???......"