I hate to break it to you monkeys but

Bono

kiss my ass fuckstain...it's just sad that thats all he flaps about half the time is some washed up band from the 80's that, like many of the other washed-up bands of the 80's, just won't let go and kepp putting out music that gets crappier and crappier as time rolls on. 80's...good. Bands from the 80's trying to put out cds in the 21st cetury? bad. Take Metallica for example. St. Anger sucked, and we all know it. Megadeth...well...they just sucked to begin with, having maybe 5 good songs. Twisted Sister redos their Stay Hungry cd, and it SUCKS. Any other good 80's bands that put out crappy albums it the 21st century? that includes metal, hair metal, pop...u know what i mean. Everything.

yeah o.k. You talk about washed up 80's bands yet your username is Slaughter? ohhh the irony. :rolleyes: You compare U2 to Twisted Sister? :lol: I guess having number one albums in like 29 countries, having the most anticipated tour of 2005 means wahsed up. Won't that suck when washed up Axl Rose(from the 80's) puts out an album. Dude you're done. Sit down, shut up.

Who cares if they're rock or not?

Who cares what's their deffenition?

Thay SUCK! That's all that mathers.

Wether they are some brit-rock bullshit or hip hop, the fact of the matter is they blow donkey ass.

It's about time. Finally a staright ahead answer. they suck! I don't care what they are. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 is not rock, they said themselves once in an interview that they see themselves as the "loudest folk group in the world".

Check-mate :P

But did he say they weren't rock? No he didn't . Folk is a type of rock. Bono has said millions of times that U2 is a rock n' roll band. They may be the loudest folk band in the world but they are a rock band too. So you lose by calling checkmate when it actually wasn't. Sucks to lose that way doesn't it? :P

Definitely a horrible band. I hate when people say they have a distinct sound. The Edge has his own sound..... BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME SOUND IN EACH SONG.

Unoriginality should not be confused with a trademark.

:lol: If it's your sound and nobody else sounds like it, then I would call that a trademark. It doesn't mater what U2 song you listen to you know it's a U2 song. That's distinct, that's original, that's a trademark. You know enough about music Raincoats to aknowledge that. I don't see the similarityies between the Fly and Pride. But you can still tell it's distinctively U2.

But you can still tell it's distinctively U2.

Yep, that's one ugly smelly poop-terd if I do say so myself!!!

"EEWWW.....U2 Yummy!!??"........

The conversation seems to have dumbed down a bit. How can I compete with that "crap" :huh:

U2 is not rock, they said themselves once in an interview that they see themselves as the "loudest folk group in the world".

But did he say they weren't rock? No he didn't . Folk is a type of rock. Bono has said millions of times that U2 is a rock n' roll band. They may be the loudest folk band in the world but they are a rock band too. So you lose by calling checkmate when it actually wasn't. Sucks to lose that way doesn't it? :P

I live in wales, folk songs are everywhere they are deffinetley not rock, if Bono said that they were not a rock band then most pepole wuld feel a bit gay buying their album, besides i only wanted to piss off one of the "big posters" im not trying to start a debate here. U2 is not to my taste and i dont understand why pepole like them soo much............. :ph34r:

But you can still tell it's distinctively U2.

Yep, that's one ugly smelly poop-terd if I do say so myself!!!

"EEWWW.....U2 Yummy!!??"........

The conversation seems to have dumbed down a bit. How can I compete with that "crap" :huh:

You can't compete with my kind of "dumb", it's just not possible!! :D

I live in wales, folk songs are everywhere they are deffinetley not rock, if Bono said that they were not a rock band then most pepole wuld feel a bit gay buying their album, besides i only wanted to piss off one of the "big posters" im not trying to start a debate here. U2 is not to my taste and i dont understand why pepole like them soo much............. :ph34r:

I guess Bob Dylan is simply not rock. Oh but wait he worte songs like Like a Rolling Stone and All Along the Watchtower and KOHD I guess Neil Young isn't rock either. You're right. Folk music is not rock and I feel gay for likeing it. :rolleyes: try again.

ive lost all faith in humankind over the last few pages.

:lol: I could see why. :lol:

Edited by Bono

ive lost all faith in humankind over the last few pages.

At first I found this post funny.

Then I thought about it, and concluded you could very well be serious here.

I think he's serious and by some of the comments I can agree. :lol:

Hey, I have a bunch of rocks in my driveway at home.....

Does that mean that they are a band????

Or if I take one rock , is it a rock without a band???

Tell me, I'm confused!!!????

Go ahead, call U2 "rock" all you want, I don't give a shit!!!!

But I may throw stones at you!!!??

Hey, what's the difference between a rock and a stone anyway!!!??

"Boner???......"

eeh???

Definitely a horrible band. I hate when people say they have a distinct sound. The Edge has his own sound..... BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME SOUND IN EACH SONG.

Unoriginality should not be confused with a trademark.

:lol: If it's your sound and nobody else sounds like it, then I would call that a trademark. It doesn't mater what U2 song you listen to you know it's a U2 song. That's distinct, that's original, that's a trademark. You know enough about music Raincoats to aknowledge that. I don't see the similarityies between the Fly and Pride. But you can still tell it's distinctively U2.

Let's take AC/DC as an example. They started out with an original sound. Too bad they stretched it out for 30 years.

Same with U2. The Edge started strong with his own sound, but he stretched it out because he's unoriginal. Bono is an awful writer/frontman. Everything is completely calculated. "I CAN FEEEEL", give me a break. Is he overwhelmed with emotion, or did he just receive his royalty cheques from Apple?

Now, let's look at Radiohead. After The Bends, they were an established band. They could have easily went the safe route, and drawn out their unique sound, until you could recognize every song because it has a trademark sound. No. They continued (and still do) to redefine their sound. They keep pushing themselves to the limit. Take that mind-set and combine it with five exceptional musicians and you have a great rock band.

Edited by Raincoats

I guess Bob Dylan is simply not rock. Oh but wait he worte songs like Like a Rolling Stone and All Along the Watchtower and KOHD I guess Neil Young isn't rock either. You're right. Folk music is not rock and I feel gay for likeing it. :rolleyes: try again.

I have never heard Bob Dylan! How do you expect me to judge wheather or not he was rock? The only folk songs i know are played with harps, violins and voices. I heard Bonno say that they were rock once so i decided to try to piss you off by correcting you it's not like im the authority on U2. Becides since when was folk considerd rock? These days im haveing trouble defining what rock is! Beisicly U2 are boring, their songs are boring, their image is boring and no one here culd give a toss about them, the only reason pepole post in this thread is to take a shot at you for that stupid first post trying to tell us that we will one day love U2, when we know that we probably wont and think that you're a retard for telling us what kind of music we like or will like.

:drevil: (im gonna with that ive never posted this)

Edited by Heledd

I have never heard Bob Dylan! How do you expect me to judge wheather or not he was rock? The only folk songs i know are played with harps, violins and voices. I heard Bonno say that they were rock once so i decided to try to piss you off by correcting you it's not like im the authority on U2. Becides since when was folk considerd rock? These days im haveing trouble defining what rock is! Beisicly U2 are boring, their songs are boring, their image is boring and no one here culd give a toss about them, the only reason pepole post in this thread is to take a shot at you for that stupid first post trying to tell us that we will one day<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=Love&id=31';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> love </a>U2, when we know that we probably wont and think that you're a retard for telling us what kind of music we like or will like.

You have never heard Bob Dylan!!!????? Not only is his music rock n' roll, but it's great rock n' roll at that!

Guest Conga Fissure

U2 I don't like because the way the mood is. I feel like music reflects who I am. It'd be excellent music for people who think life is happy cloud wonderland and believe in love and birds chirping as the sun shines into your window and the breeze caresses your face with a feeling that transcends your emotions and delivers you into a total state of nirvana. Not saying all U2 fans are...but I feel like there's not enough relation lyrically between me and King Bono.

I turned to NIN for more of the lyrical side. The lyrics are much more aggressive than me but I relate to them better. And also, techno is beauty. :wub:

Although some bands I listen to for primal appeal. You know? Beat drums and dance around fire.

Edited by livinloud87

Let's take AC/DC as an example. They started out with an original sound. Too bad they stretched it out for 30 years.

Same with U2. The Edge started strong with his own sound, but he stretched it out because he's unoriginal. Bono is an awful writer/frontman. Everything is completely calculated. "I CAN FEEEEL", give me a break. Is he overwhelmed with emotion, or did he just receive his royalty cheques from Apple?

Now, let's look at Radiohead. After The Bends, they were an established band. They could have easily went the safe route, and drawn out their unique sound, until you could recognize every song because it has a trademark sound. No. They continued (and still do) to redefine their sound. They keep pushing themselves to the limit. Take that mind-set and combine it with five exceptional musicians and you have a great rock band.

AC/DC has not evolved at all.

I remeber a band being pretty well established after recording an album called The Joshua Tree. That band could've played it safe and recorded JT all over again but they didn't. They completely revamped their sound and released Achtung Baby. After that they pusehd it further and won a grammy for best alternative album with Zooropa. Which is a nice little gem of an album by the way. After that they put out POP with songs like Discothque and Mofo and Last Night on earth. Not exactly your "classic" U2 sound. Now U2 has gone back to their roots. There is nothing wrong with that as even Radiohead took step backwards(in time) with Hail to the Thief. I've just blown your whole arguement of U2 playing it safe when in fact they did what Radiohead did way before Radiohead did it. :o As for you saying Bono is an awful writer/frontman I'll ignore that because it's just a ridiculous statement.

I have never heard Bob Dylan! How do you expect me to judge wheather or not he was rock? The only folk songs i know are played with harps, violins and voices. I heard Bonno say that they were rock once so i decided to try to piss you off by correcting you it's not like im the authority on U2. Becides since when was folk considerd rock? These days im haveing trouble defining what rock is! Beisicly U2 are boring, their songs are boring, their image is boring and no one here culd give a toss about them, the only reason pepole post in this thread is to take a shot at you for that stupid first post trying to tell us that we will one day<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=Love&id=31';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> love </a>U2, when we know that we probably wont and think that you're a retard for telling us what kind of music we like or will like.

You have never heard Bob Dylan!!!????? Not only is his music rock n' roll, but it's great rock n' roll at that!

And not only does it discredit her opinion, I hope she dies of ovarian cancer.

Bono this is my first day here.. but you are already my least favorite member.  you whine too much.  U2 is pussy rock.  it sucks,  bono sounds like cher, it doesn't rock hard, its for girls and pussies.

You are the pussy bitch!!!

Edited by Franchelle

I have never heard Bob Dylan! How do you expect me to judge wheather or not he was rock? The only folk songs i know are played with harps, violins and voices. I heard Bonno say that they were rock once so i decided to try to piss you off by correcting you it's not like im the authority on U2. Becides since when was folk considerd rock? These days im haveing trouble defining what rock is! Beisicly U2 are boring, their songs are boring, their image is boring and no one here culd give a toss about them, the only reason pepole post in this thread is to take a shot at you for that stupid first post trying to tell us that we will one day love U2, when we know that we probably wont and think that you're a retard for telling us what kind of music we like or will like.

:lol: Harps and violins and shit. it's not a fantasy novel. since when has Folk music not been considerd rock? My point exactly though because you don't even know what rock is yourself. Piece of advice: Don't come into a thread to take shots at people if you don't want shots being thrown back. I obviously hit a nerve by saying it's enevitable that you will like U2 because I think deep down you've already realised that you do like them and it's eating at your very soul. :o You're in deep there fella. You can either drop out or continue. It's up to you. :lol:

Bono this is my first day here.. but you are already my least favorite member. you whine too much. U2 is pussy rock. it sucks, bono sounds like cher, it doesn't rock hard, its for girls and pussies.

:lol: At least I'm number one to you at somthing. Pussy rock eh? I want you to list your entire music collection right now. You won't though becasue you likely have as you so called it tons of "pussy rock" in your collection. I know you do.