W.A.S.P.

IzzySixx

A great band, sometimes I feel that they are way under-rated!

And yes ok, they have some Spinal Tap'ish songs and look too (at some points). But the band has great songs and some fantastic lyrics! Like Scared to death, nowhere out of here, the whole crimson idol album, headless children etc. etc.

One of my fav. bands. I saw them live twice in 2004. Well I saw Blackie, it really sucks that it's his way or the highway -> no more Chris or Randy.

Going to see them live again next summer, theyre doing festivals in Europe.

i've never actually heard them, i came close to buying fuck like a beast but i went to the pub instead, looking at the posts above it was a bad choice. damn. i like GNR and Crue so i assume theyre in the same vein

Yeah they kinda are! LA bands! All started the same time (about). And Blackie was (or is???) a good friend of Nikkis. Blackie offered "Wild Child" to Crue, but Nikki said that it wouldn't fit for Vinces voice! So he recorded for W.A.S.P.

i've never actually heard them, i came close to buying fuck like a beast but i went to the pub instead, looking at the posts above it was a bad choice. damn. i like GNR and Crue so i assume theyre in the same vein

Yeah they kinda are! LA bands! All started the same time (about). And Blackie was (or is???) a good friend of Nikkis. Blackie offered "Wild Child" to Crue, but Nikki said that it wouldn't fit for Vinces voice! So he recorded for W.A.S.P.

ta fella, i'll check em out

yeah nikki stole the setting himself on fire trick from blackie, blackie said he could have it coz he was getting quite hurt.

W e A re S exual P erverts

i believe - they sound like my kind o band

even though i love motley crue w.a.s.p's music piss all over motley's tunes.

i reccomend u buy w.a.s.p. and the last command double album.

pure quality!!!!

Yeah it's a great value indeed!

I love Piper/Holmes combo on lead guitar! Not the most skillful of players but a different sound. I remember that some music journalist wrote that Piper plays like all of his fingers are fractured :D

randy.jpg

ye they were never great guitarists

altho chris holmes guitarwork on the headless children is top notch

i heard that blackie lawless said that chris holmes and himself handled most of the guitar work on the first two albums anyway and randy was used to play live. don't know how much truth there is in that though.

I have a couple of their cds, Headless Children, Inside The Electric Circus, and Best Of The BEst. Gotta love them. It's too bad they don't get the publicity anymore....i mean come on who wouldn't like a song called Dirty Balls...or Fuck Like A Beast...or Don't Cry (Just Suck)...or Helldorado...9.5 N.A.S.T.Y....yea you get the point.

I gotta say, altho it's not their best song, i LOVE Chainsaw Charlie...i don't know why...it's just...awsome

Not true, like I said you can tell when Randy plays. He does play on the first two albums just as much as Chris. After the release of Last Command there was an interview with Blackie where he said that Randy plays the best solo ever on Blind in Texas. I like Randys playing, just watch "Live at the lyceum". Blackies guitar playing is nowhere near Randys!

Blackie just has to put down all the ex-members, well I don't think that he has bad mouthed Johnny Rod. Don't know why.

I have to say that Wasp are fucking amzing and are definately in the same league as GNR but i think the gunners win out. I like Wasp-Wasp i mean its got sleeping in the fire on it which is an all time classic that seems to be missed or looked over just cos Wasp did it, which sucks. I even like Kill Fuck Die which i thought i was going to hate when i heard Blackie had been using a lot of keyboard techniques and the like but its an ace album. :drevil: