80's-90's freestyle music

vr2004

As much as I was into afd and gnr and tons of rock bands there was also a movement for clubbing back in the day on the east coast (ny/nj).. I kind of fell into the mix because all my friends were into it and no shared my taste in rock music.. Did anyone listen to any of this shit.. Off hand I can only remember some names so if you remember any feel free to add//

Noel-silent morning

cynthia dream boy dream girl

johnny O- " "

Stevie B-spring love

corina

TKA-maria

TPE-then came you

Coro-where are you tonight my love

cover girls

sweet sensation

plus techno like james brown is dead, and dance your ass off..

I forget most because it was a long time ago, hope someone remembers this sene :shades:

I had to add I can still remember all the guido's in my area driving around with their stereos blasting and the disco ball or sicilian pepper/horn hanging from the mirror and the tinted windows.

Edited by vr2004

Very long time ago......

But the ones I remember:

There But For the Grace of God

All Night Passion-Alisha (sp)

Chains of Love- Erasure

Mondalay- LaFlavour

White Lines

It Takes Two

Yo Little Brother

Babe We're Gonna Love Tonight-Lime

You Spin Me Round-Dead or Alive

All night passions fits right intot eh mix.. Remember boom boom boom lets go back to my room so we can do it all night and make everything right??Something like that..

Fire to ice by noel..

mondalay was another that fits in,... I was driving last night an ktu was playing the old music and they brought me down memory lane.. Those club days were really funny.. I still have all the old albums at my father's house, I would love to hear them again :lol:

It takes two was really big, rob base..

I like the whopper, f*ck the big mac... :lol:

There are so many more I can't remember. I'll have to pull out the vinyls some day.

Sounds like a plan.. 103.5 ktu at 9pm or son on sunday plays those old school hits and the guidettes call up and request those songs..

Tony in his IROC Z requests dream boy dream girl by cynthia and johnny o for his girl stephanie :lol:

I use to listen to stevie B alot.. Remember spring love??

There are so many more I can't remember. I'll have to pull out the vinyls some day.

Sounds like a plan.. 103.5 ktu at 9pm or son on sunday plays those old school hits and the guidettes call up and request those songs..

Tony in his IROC Z requests dream boy dream girl by cynthia and johnny o for his girl stephanie :lol:

haha Guidos...a rare breed. Slick hair, gold chain with a cross or italian horn and way way too much cologne.

White "capezio" shoes, "caverrichi" jeans and "members only" jackets.

Tinted windows with the heartbeat stencilled on the back.

haha Guidos...a rare breed. Slick hair, gold chain with a cross or italian horn and way way too much cologne.

White "capezio" shoes, "caverrichi" jeans and "members only" jackets.

Tinted windows with the heartbeat stencilled on the back.

All my freinds were like that, damn jimmy connors, sergio techini jump suits.. :lol:

big cross hairy chests unbottoned shirts.. They use to lay back when they drove...

All your friends were like that, just not you?! B)

My friend got pulled over by the cops for driving like that with his foot out the window and the radio too loud, cruising down at Astoria Park in Queens, NY.

I wasn't like that at all.. I had a small blessed mother symbol was the size of my thumbnail.. They had rope chains and cross and rope chain earings..

The foot thing is classic, we have a place by me where was the crusing area tons of guidos with their feet hanging out the window.. It was about 4 avenues long and two blocks deep and they would drive with their radio's pumping in the same stretch for hour and hang out around their cars..

I forget the song, acid or soemthing, they use to play it over n over..

Ever got to a rave? DJ Frankie Bones

ok pfa I was by my old place and picked up a few album names

god seems like yesterday

remember??

lil suzie

klf white room

erin cruise-cold shower

expose

laissez fair-in paradise

george lamond-where do that leave love

vienna-I should have known

voice-within my heart

natural selection

laura enea-this is the last time..

guess we are the only one that remeber this era..

Edited by vr2004

Expose- Come go with me (?)

The others I'm not sure. Probably if I heard them.

Yes come go with me... Lil suzie had take me take me in your arms.. SHe had two big hits around 90-91.. Some skank from long islasnd..

The others you would know, you would just have to hear them..

• 1 month later...

Cool, a thread totally just VR2004 and P4A!!!! I totally went through a disco stage myself.

I remember lots of those songs. I used to love Sweet Sensation - Hooked On You and Sincerely Yours, I loved Expose and also the song Ain't Nobody, I also loved All Night Passion, she sang another song that I loved and I can't remember the name. Remember the song Fired Up, if I keep thinking I can keep going. Remember the Break Dancing movies with Ozone and I forget the other guys name, Breakin. Ozone was hot.

I also remember the guidos and the I-Rock Z's all over the place. Also the SS Monty Carlos - I still love that car to this day. Sometimes I see them now but they just don't look the same. Everyone who had them back then, kept them in pristine condition.

monty carlo, irock-z.. What a fucking era.. SHame that era will never happen again.. I still listen ro ktu 103.5 and 102.7 for those tracks.. I think they still have those big bashes out on the island and jersey.. When going to work late nights on fridays and saturdays I hear the classics..