wah wah question

That is the reason why I am not a big fan of the Cry Baby wah. I owned one as well for awhile, but got rid of it because the sound was either too much bass or treble, and not much between the two extremes. I got rid of it a long time ago, and have been happy with my Morley Bad Horsie wah for years. It's spring loaded and switchless which makes it very sweet not having to deal with stepping on it hard just to switch it on.

Anyway, the best thing you can do is just experiment with the eq on your amp. Turning down the bass and treble seems logical, but if you dont use the wah much, it'll really squash your tone when it is not switched on. Experimenting is key though.....you might find some strange tone setting on your amp that you really enjoy, even though nobody would ever suggest it.

Just got a crybaby and when i play with it i cant seem to find a healthy balance in the amp that is neither to bassy or trebly. What I mean is how do I get the natural sound of the amp when playing through a wah wah pedal?

a crybaby has a built in switch that when stepped hard enough upon, will turn the wah effect off. you guitar and amp... and all other effects for that matter will sound natural with the pedal in this state.

if it doesnt have this feature, youre not playing a crybaby and wasted your money on a verly lame, very cheap childerns toy.