So Big Day Out Was Awesome!

Stupid_Moron

So yes its the day after and my ears are ringing like a mother fucker lol

My Day:

Frenzal Rhomb - Standard awesome set! They played one song from each year of the bands history so wide variety which was good.... Almost got kicked out of the whole festival for skankin round in a circle pit... securtiy actually came into the mosh to try and stop it.... In Frenzal? Wtf.... really pissed me off... anyway haha

Sarah Blasko - Hadn't seen her b4.. she was really good.... nice chill after frenzal.

Eskimo Joe - Really sucked.. i watched them while i was waiting for the Hives to start. Didn't play any old material (which is their only GOOD material) So yeah... really slow and boring....

The Hives - Absolutely amazing.. anyone thinking about seeing them at other bdo's i really recommend it.... funny guys... and the suits look great on stage.... i thought they were stupid when i first saw them in fotos but they look really good! Great show!

Rise Against - Pretty good, just started getting into them b4 bdo and yeah they were really good. Cant say much else

Hilltop Hoods - Caught the last 3/4 of the set, was buying beer for the first bit lol.... They were really really good... never really seen a hip hop act b4 but yeah... really fun... good show.

Spiderbait - When they started not many ppl were getting into it (just a few of us up the front) but after it bit it was pumping and they played a mad set.... ended it with an ultra long version of black betty haha.. was sick.

System Of a Down - I missed the first bit cause i was at Spiderbait and then had no chance of getting into the D Barrier so i watched them from half way back and they were really good aswell... Dont know any of their new stuff but they played enough old shit for me to enjoy the show.

Random - Then saw bits and peices of Powderfinger, Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers... Powderfinger were alright... the others wern't much to rave about....

Regurgitator - Saw them close the green stage... went off, someone infront of me got lifted out so i ended up on the barrier... scored from glasses that got thrown onto the stage, that in turn got thrown back into the crowd... ie me.. haha... anyway.. yes.. great set!

And yeah... that was it... all over.... Great day all round....

Shot of the spilt stages

Shot from behind the stage

Rise Against

Beastie Boys

Edited by Stupid_Moron

Sounds awsome, but it doesnt sound near as good as last years bdo =| Thats why im not going this year :|

As if you didnt go see powderfinger, i would think they would be awsome live ;O Anyways good to see you enjoyed it.

Yeah... i was with ppl that needed to find ppl so we were kinda walking around and i could still here em.... thing is... i saw them a few years ago at bdo and they were pretty damn boring.... that was a day time slot though.. i think they suit the night one better..... Ill see em at Wave Aid anyway on Saturday.

As for last year.... i only saw 3 bands... Darkness Muse Metallica.... they were all unreal.... but yeah.. i dono.. hard to compare any bdo's they are always so great

So yes its the day after and my ears are ringing like a mother fucker lol

My Day:

Frenzal Rhomb - Standard awesome set! They played one song from each year of the bands history so wide variety which was good.... Almost got kicked out of the whole festival for skankin round in a circle pit... securtiy actually came into the mosh to try and stop it.... In Frenzal? Wtf.... really pissed me off... anyway haha

Sarah Blasko - Hadn't seen her b4.. she was really good.... nice chill after frenzal.

Eskimo Joe - Really sucked.. i watched them while i was waiting for the Hives to start. Didn't play any old material (which is their only GOOD material) So yeah... really slow and boring....

The Hives - Absolutely amazing.. anyone thinking about seeing them at other bdo's i really recommend it.... funny guys... and the suits look great on stage.... i thought they were stupid when i first saw them in fotos but they look really good! Great show!

Rise Against - Pretty good, just started getting into them b4 bdo and yeah they were really good. Cant say much else

Hilltop Hoods - Caught the last 3/4 of the set, was buying beer for the first bit lol.... They were really really good... never really seen a hip hop act b4 but yeah... really fun... good show.

Spiderbait - When they started not many ppl were getting into it (just a few of us up the front) but after it bit it was pumping and they played a mad set.... ended it with an ultra long version of black betty haha.. was sick.

System Of a Down - I missed the first bit cause i was at Spiderbait and then had no chance of getting into the D Barrier so i watched them from half way back and they were really good aswell... Dont know any of their new stuff but they played enough old shit for me to enjoy the show.

Random - Then saw bits and peices of Powderfinger, Beastie Boys and Chemical Brothers... Powderfinger were alright... the others wern't much to rave about....

Regurgitator - Saw them close the green stage... went off, someone infront of me got lifted out so i ended up on the barrier... scored from glasses that got thrown onto the stage, that in turn got thrown back into the crowd... ie me.. haha... anyway.. yes.. great set!

And yeah... that was it... all over.... Great day all round....

Shot of the spilt stages

Shot from behind the stage

Rise Against

Beastie Boys

lol, you had a good day.

here's what i saw,

(roughly the right order)

most of these are just parts of,

Frenzal Rhomb (most) ok

Scribe (all) awesome , fucking hot in the room though

Donnas (part) too little to tell, seems allright though

Slipknot(1 song, then walked out, as powderfinger said it, slipknot were FILTH) shit

Grinspoon (most) decent

System of a down ( all) absolutely rocked

Powderfinger( heard a little while at the front of blue stage waiting for BB) was ok i guess, everyone wanted them to hurry and finish though

Beastie Boys (all) I thought they were really good, didnt play all the hits, but quite an energetic performance

Wouldve watched the Chem Bros., but i got my bag stolen, fucking security, seemed to sound allright though.

overall 7.5/10 ( I wonder what it wouldve been like if VR were in it :huh: )