3 Quick General Guitar Questions

I've been "playing" since last April (Well had a guitar since last april just taken it serious a few month ago.) And i've been on guitar forums but still these questions bug me, if anyone can help cheers:

1. Half step/ Whole step tuning: I know half a step is a fret and so on, but if you don't have a tuner (and arn't going to buy one) how would you tune down.

2. Action Settings: I've tried fiddling about with the action on my eletric guitar cos everytime I do power chords on the low E string it always rattles, anyone know how I can stop it. (By the way, it's not the way I play power chord,s cos I can do them fine on my acoustic.)

3. How long did it take anyone here to learn patience (and please say if you learn't rhythm or lead guitar first).

THX

B)

ok ok.

1) you have to tune by ear, so find the note else where on the guitar (eg for Eb look for 4th string 1 st fret and tune to it)

2) Action is generally how high or low the bridge is. If the strings are buzzing (which they will do more on a unamplified electric than an accoustic) then rasie the action(bridge)

3) Erm it took me a good afternoon to learn patience, it took me soo long to find a fukin tab so i pieced bits together and made my own. Also learn rythym then move onto lead for me.

Dude, without a tuner, even your standard tuning will be off. Spend $20 and get one. Will save you headaches down the road.

Action does have to do with the bridge, but it specifically refers to how close the strings are to the frets.

Time depends on talent. Patience is pretty much CCDA chords for rhythm, with the occasional Em thrown in there. Solo isn't too tough if your fingers are in shape and can hold the bends while striking the next note.

If you can play Patience well, then you cna play Yesterdays and KOHD easliy too. Plus acoustic SCOM minus the intro.

Good luck (& get a tuner) I assume you have a beginner qualityguitar. If so - tuner. They tend to come out of tune moew easily. esp. with whammy bar.

regardin the tuning, just get guitar pro, and tune to their e. I lost my tuner like 3 months ago, so ive bein using that ever since.

to get your actions properly fixed, i recommend u take it to a store, and patience took me one afternoon to learn =) I learn lead and rythym at the same time